Abdul, Clark and Prime Time | Golden Skate

Abdul, Clark and Prime Time

I don't follow pop music. It's not that I'm a prude. It's just that I don't find it all that interesting. However, I tuned into the TV at the tail end of Prime Time and caught a little of what their story was all about and I'm still in the dark. Help.

Abdul coached Clark on how to win. Is that illegal?

Abdul also had an affairette with Clark. So what?

Clark got some professional play with all this.

Abdul dumped him because of age difference?

Clark didn't care although he made up a song of being slighted.

Somehow word got out of the coaching and Abdul could be legally charged.

Maybe Clark could also be legally charged.

Amercian Idol got some great publicity on this or was it bad publicity?

Still in the dark! Joe

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IF what Corey Clark alledges is true then I think Paula was out of line and gave him preferential treatment. I thought they said the "relationship" ended when he was kicked off of the show. It surprises me that he didn't reveal all of this THEN. Telling all now at the time of his book release is convenient since it has certainly brought his name out there again. The most interesting part of the show, IMO was seeing Randy Jackson playing with Journey. Clark came off as "AI s#@&%#@ me and now it's my turn to s@$#! AI". On camera Paula seems to be no more nicer to him than any of the other idols. I don't want to believe this about her and wonder if the details Clark gave....three dogs and their names, doggy ramp in the guestroom, and TV over the jacuzzi is information he could have known without being in her home?

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
This was a dud of a scandal from an opportnistic loser. It's amazing watching the post-press coverage on this - Abdul came out looking very good, and Corey very bad.

Considering that all the contestants are given tips on song choices and styling advice;

Considering that Paula has a 99.9% public record of giving overly effusive compliments to EVERY contestant;

and perhaps most importantly,

Considering that Randy, Simon and Paula have no say whatsoever in the contestants fates (once they get out of the audition round),

I say who cares if any canoodling or hanky-panky (if it actually occurred) took place? It had no bearing on this contestant or any other contestant. America votes, not the judges.

Some scandal :sheesh:

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Anyone who would try to gain fame by trashing a sweetheart like Paula Abdul is a mega LOSER. Jerk.

SingAlto

On the Ice
A guy who has been in trouble with the law, who lied about his arrest to get on Idol, and whose own friends are calling him a liar... Yeah, I believe him. :rolleye:

sk8m8

Final Flight
IMHO the only thing more disappointing and less selacious was the digging up of Al Capone's secret Vault as reported by geraldo rivera (small caps intentianal :p )

I think PrimeTime Live made a horrible train wreck. A bunch of allegations and possibilites makes a very thin hour of investigative journalsim. Believe me, even those folk that aren't that fond of Paula Abdul are probably much LESS fond or Correy Clark. The bitter pill that he won't swallow that all the rest of us have is that he was ousted from the show and, once again, IMHO, never stood a chance against the final 5 of his season. He did not have the voice and appeal of Clay, Ruebin, Kimberly, or any of a number of the other contestants from that season.

So, since speculation is passing for journalism, I speculate that any man who is a gentleman does not discuss his sex life until enough time has passed that all parties are no longer affected, especially when there is descretion involved i.e. you are, by choice publically linked. I also deem that it is one thing to make mistakes in your youth, however at some point in your life you must have the great "rectal snap" and pull your head out of your hiney. To use your most intimate details of your life and always when it involves another person, to gain noteriety for your art by telling tales to promote an album that exploits that experience. That is, show the least amout of true self esteem that one can demonstate, in that you don't have the confidence in your own abilities to do it the "classy way" ; to give to American Idol the ultimite "sit on it and spin" by making it on your own talents.

Our own Show42 used to have a signiture that loosely reads something like " Excellence is not a single act. We are what we repeatedly do" Aristotle. So then I can surmize, he lied to get on the show, even if Paula did offer to help, I feel that makes him an opportunist and a cheat for accepting any such help and can no longer believe him; after all, weren't his words like " in the intrest of fairness?"...or to borrow the words of my Great Aunt Minnie about most politicians..." Do I think he's lying??? Is he moving his lips?" I do beleive my Great Aunt Minnie was on to something :scratch:

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Ditto RealtorGal!

The only reason Primetime Live made sucha big deal out of this, is because their network is completely jealous of FOX.
And the only reason Corey is making allegations now, is because he has a record deal, wants to sell CD's, and maybe get enough publicity to ge that accomplished. He wouldn't be trying to publish a tell all book and push his album if he was JUST wanting to come out with his sad story about how Paula jilted him.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
This program was obviously a set up for this disgruntled past Idol reject to pedal his books, songs and sad story to the American public. He came across as not very intelligent and lacking any kind of moral values. He tried to discredit Paula, but did not make a good job of it. How do we know any of it is true? It's just another sensational story for Americans to "eat up" except this time it was on tv and not on the front of the "National Enquirer."

Aloft04

On the Ice
Ladskater said:
It's just another sensational story for Americans to "eat up" except this time it was on tv and not on the front of the "National Enquirer."

...and apparently one or two Canadians too?? ;)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
The great "rectal snap"?

sk8m8 said:
I also deem that it is one thing to make mistakes in your youth, however at some point in your life you must have the great "rectal snap" and pull your head out of your hiney.
:rofl:
I've never heard it expressed that way before, Sk8m8, but I LOVE it! I'll never call it anything else from now on.
(~giggles~)
Rave

CzarinaAnya said:
Ditto RealtorGal!

The only reason Primetime Live made sucha big deal out of this, is because their network is completely jealous of FOX.
I can't help but go along with you. Apparently 4th place Fox has been creeping up to 3rd Place ABC. Drastic measures, it seems to me, are going on at ABC. They are doing well because of The Batchellor which can't last much longer. It is obvious the thing is rigged. Their 20/20 has been in trouble for some time. Barbara Walters just went and left a sinking ship. Their idiotic show on the Mathew Shepherd murder drew rebuttals from the Police who handled the case and whose testimony was deleted from the show. Even if it were true, why sucker up to a murderer? And from what I hear Desperate Housewives is written by a panel of gay guys. Their Good Morning America is also in trouble. It's about time viewers caught on to those two pompous hosts. We all know that there sports division is in a state of flux.

Joe

Last edited:

brad640

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I can't help but go along with you. Apparently 4th place Fox has been creeping up to 3rd Place ABC. Drastic measures, it seems to me, are going on at ABC. They are doing well because of The Batchellor which can't last much longer. It is obvious the thing is rigged. Their 20/20 has been in trouble for some time. Barbara Walters just went and left a sinking ship. Their idiotic show on the Mathew Shepherd murder drew rebuttals from the Police who handled the case and whose testimony was deleted from the show. Even if it were true, why sucker up to a murderer? And from what I hear Desperate Housewives is written by a panel of gay guys. Their Good Morning America is also in trouble. It's about time viewers caught on to those two pompous hosts. We all know that there sports division is in a state of flux.

ABC has had a great season with Lost and Desperate Housewives. Housewives creator Mark Cherry is openly gay, but female themed shows have benefitted from gay input before (e.g. Michael Patrick King and Sex and the City). The bachelor is down 50% in its ratings this season so ABC is not relying on that show anymore. GMA promoted Robin Roberts this morning as a third anchor. Fox is neck and neck with CBS to be the top network this season. ABC is 3rd and NBC has fallen to 4th in the absence of Friends. I agree that 20/20 is garbage now with John Stossel doing his Fox news knock-offs.

One trashy tabloid news special will not sink ABC in the network race, but this show was reprehensible. I think it was very sexist that they were so eager to portray Paula as a $lut. If the gender roles were reversed, I doubt a woman would be given an hour long interview on network television to state sexual harassment claims. Either way it is always the female who is dragged through the mud by the media. Just look at everyone Clinton slept with. Corey Clark is a DOG and he needs to get a day job.

I hope Paula will outlast this non-scandal because she did nothing wrong. Even if all Corey's claims were true, he is still an idiot. If he let Paula choose his clothes, did he not know that she has been on the worst dressed list every year since she released her first single? And if he really slept in her guest room, it was because she was not going to let someone so shady in her own bedroom. FREE PAULA!!