2005-2006 USFS Team Envelopes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2005-2006 USFS Team Envelopes

What about all those previous top teams who now have new partners. (O'mearer; Goodwin, etc.). I presume they start from scratch without funding. Am I correct?

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
jesslily said:
Bebe should be in Team b, so do Loren and David. USFSA should pay attention to the skating quality, not just one competition's placement.
I think the way USFSA does it is very American. In general, other federations leave themselves more room to maneuvre, whereas USFSA preferes clearly set rules.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
What about all those previous top teams who now have new partners. (O'mearer; Goodwin, etc.). I presume they start from scratch without funding. Am I correct?
If any of the new pair and dance teams want to be considered for an international assignment and have their progress monitored by national/international judges, they will end up competing in the Indy Pairs Challenge and Lake Placid Dance competitions, respectively, later this summer and, if any of them are awarded an international, they will be placed in the Reserve Team envelope (and bumped up to Team C if they medal).

P.S. Nikodinov already is in Team C due to her Skate America gold medal.

nicole_l

Final Flight
Thanks Sylvia.
Okay, I went through the old criteria, and I don't think that Inoue & Baldwin made it in Team A:
-Silver medals at Nationals
-Placed 11th at Worlds
-Didn't compete at 4CC
-Placed 6th at GPF

Hmm...
Am I missing something?

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Just received confirmation that the 2005-06 envelope list (in the link originally posted on page one of this thread) is NOT the final, official version and was never meant to be. When the link is posted as a news item on the USFS site, only then it will be "for real."

Jhar55

Medalist
I see Michelle is on Team A, so has she comitted to skating this year?
If not will the move someone up from Team B?
And who do you think it would be?

nicole_l

Final Flight
Jhar55 said:
I see Michelle is on Team A, so has she comitted to skating this year?
If not will the move someone up from Team B?
And who do you think it would be?

They won't move anyone up. In order to be assigned to a Team Envelope, you need to meet certain criteria, and the only ladies who have met them are Michelle Kwan and Sasha Cohen.

I noticed that they changed Team A criteria, though; it used to be all medalists at 4CC, now it's just the gold medalists. I guess too many US athletes medaled at 4CC this year!
On the other hand, they relaxed the Worlds criteria from 10 to 12.