Movie Review - "Crash" | Golden Skate

Movie Review - "Crash"

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
If you want to see a great movie don't miss "Crash." It's one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It is really filled with human drama. The movie deals with racial predjudice, but will "knock you out of your seat." It's just amazing. Don't expect a run-of-the-mill type of movie - this one really gets to your emotions. Take some kleenex.

Great writing; great acting (Don Cheale from Hotel Rwanda) and Sandra Bullock!;great directing. I highly recommend this movie.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: It's two thumbs up

brad640

On the Ice
I saw Crash this weekend and I enjoyed it. At just over an hour and a half, it has a much shorter running time than other ensemble films with converging story lines like Short Cuts and Magnolia that run close to 3 hours, and it packed a punch in a short time. The best performance was by Terrence Dashon Howard as a TV producer struggling with his racial identity. Howard was also good in Ray as a piano player who cheated Ray Charles out of money early in his career. Sandra Bullock was surprisingly convincing as the racist wife of the D.A., and there were a couple of exciting surprise cameos.

heyang

Record Breaker
This is on my list of rainy day movies. It 1st came to my attention during a recent TV interview with Don Cheadle. I'm glad to hear it's getting good feedback since I haven't really seen much promotion of the movie.

I still have to watch Hotel Rwanda.

BronzeisGolden

Medalist
WOW! "Crash" is certainly one of the best movies I've seen this year. There are so many touching and powerful moments in this film. I encourage everyone to see it. It really makes one think more indepth about issues related to race, etc. The entire cast was excellent. Cheadle, Dillon, Bullock, and all give incredible performances....I was especially surprised to see the rapper Ludacris come out and give such a strong performance. Go and see this film!

sk8m8

Final Flight
heyang said:
This is on my list of rainy day movies. It 1st came to my attention during a recent TV interview with Don Cheadle. I'm glad to hear it's getting good feedback since I haven't really seen much promotion of the movie

Funny you should mention that. I read an article on this movie that basically conveyed that Don Cheadle helped get the movie produced as an Indy Film. The movie was purchased by Lions Gate for 8 million (you know they were on a budget, because the cheapest indy films are at least 2-3 mil in production costs for competitive Indy Films like the one's shown at film festivals) Most of the "names" in the cast did the movie for minimum wage that a company has to pay an actor with lines in a film just to get it made.

Lions Gate's stategy was to open before a holiday and not get mired down in the end of the year, "just in time for Oscar consideration" group of movies. They chose before Memorial Day and have done respectable word of mouth business.

This film is the real deal. Engaging, thought provoking, conversation starting, raw emotional material that had me thinking all the way through. Some of the critics have said that some of the action is too coincidental. That being said, I can suspend a little disbelief a lot more in this movie's situation than I can when CGI effects are spewing from the screen in other "blockbuster" movies. If you like movies that stir the soul in the vein of 12 Angry Men, Traffic, or other reality/truth based movies, I highly recommend Crash. It's one of the best allegorical movies I've ever seen about the "ripples in the pond" effect we all have on one another's lives.