Everyone Loves Raymond - Final Show - Anyone Watch? | Golden Skate

Everyone Loves Raymond - Final Show - Anyone Watch?

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I watched the final episode tonight of Everyone Loves Raymond and it was dumb!! All they did was recap for an hour how the show was made and showed clips - even almost ripped off the closing segue of Seinfeldt. Then they finally showed the last show. It was not that great. Kind of like jumping off a cliff at the end.

:biggrin:

heyang

Record Breaker
I watched it. The hour pre-show was pretty typical of long running sitcoms with clips and interviews.

I thought the final episode itself was sweet. This family is always bickering and it took that one moment to make them all realize how much they love each other. I thought it was hysterical when Maria ran across the street and right between Ray and Debra.

The last scene followed in the same vein as Cheers - just knowing that the Barones days will continue just as the rest of ours. No need for special final milestones, etc.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
heyang said:
I watched it. The hour pre-show was pretty typical of long running sitcoms with clips and interviews.

I thought the final episode itself was sweet. This family is always bickering and it took that one moment to make them all realize how much they love each other. I thought it was hysterical when Maria ran across the street and right between Ray and Debra.

The last scene followed in the same vein as Cheers - just knowing that the Barones days will continue just as the rest of ours. No need for special final milestones, etc.

I don't know. The show just seemed to lose it's punch at the end. Kind of expected a little more. Even Cheers had a better ending.