ER Finale | Golden Skate

ER Finale

heyang

Record Breaker
I haven't watched ER on a regular basis in quite some time. The season finale and Noah Wylie's last episode was wonderful.

The writers always do a wonderful job with the urgency of the ER. Also, the porch collapse was taken from headlines - I think it happened in the NYC area last summer.

I thought this was a good episode for highlighting the young male doctors, especially Ray. He seems to finally be committed to being a doctor. It definitely was a formal & final 'passing of the baton' to non-original cast members.

I loved the slide show of the pictures of Carter's career. It was great that they paid homage to his mentors in the ER - Greene, Benton, etc. I also loved that his last patient was someone he supposedly brought into the world during his 1st year in the ER. Lovely final touches for the last original featured cast member.

:agree: :agree:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
ITA that this was a very well done episode and I did shed a few tears myself (because I am a big sap, LOL). I teared up watching the slides go by, just remembering all those guys and how they influenced the ER (and Carter), and I teared up again as Carter was leaving and he was hearing the little bits of advice from his long gone friends and coworkers. It was a very nice way to end his time on ER but I am sure going to miss him! He's the last link to the way ER has been in the past and now its definitely all the newbies carrying the show. I really need to go buy the ER DVDs this summer! :frown: And while I really do like the new cast (agreed that Ray finally seems committed to being a doctor and way to go Abby for going like she owns it), there's something about those past cast members who were there when it all started that will always keep me wishing they would drop in for visits more often. I've been watching since the very first season and the changes are still hard for me to take with this show. Things will be fine next season but I'll definitely miss Carter. Sigh......:cry:

jp1andonly

Rinkside
This year of ER has been great! I made sure I watched every one. Last year they weren't so hot so I was hoping they'd improve. Hopefully they don't drag the series on too much longer as I owuld hate for it to just get cancelled rather then go out with a bang

KwanFan1212 said:
ITA that this was a very well done episode and I did shed a few tears myself (because I am a big sap, LOL). I teared up watching the slides go by, just remembering all those guys and how they influenced the ER (and Carter), and I teared up again as Carter was leaving and he was hearing the little bits of advice from his long gone friends and coworkers. It was a very nice way to end his time on ER but I am sure going to miss him! He's the last link to the way ER has been in the past and now its definitely all the newbies carrying the show. I really need to go buy the ER DVDs this summer! :frown: And while I really do like the new cast (agreed that Ray finally seems committed to being a doctor and way to go Abby for going like she owns it), there's something about those past cast members who were there when it all started that will always keep me wishing they would drop in for visits more often. I've been watching since the very first season and the changes are still hard for me to take with this show. Things will be fine next season but I'll definitely miss Carter. Sigh......:cry:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I thought it was very well done. I love the way they showcased the three "newbies" (with the exception of Abbey) standing around the desk reviewing charts as Carter departs. A nice transition.......Carter will be missed, but there are still others with their stories to tell...........can't wait for next season. 42 (At least they didn't kill Carter off the way they did Mark Greene........John can always come back.............) 42

sk8m8

Final Flight
show 42 said:
John can always come back.............) 42

...and according to what I've read, he's committed to doing some recurring appearances. Attta boy, Noah. Take the light work load and still share in the residuals :agree:

I agree it was well done. When I reflect back on it, though some seasons have been less thrilling than others, the show continues to hold some of the highest production values. While they stretch a few too many story lines, they've also come up with some of the crispest dialouge on Televsion. Plus, this was one of my late Mother's favorite programs, so it'll always be a sentimental fav.

I think they are going to have to start showing images that the doctors see with the probes and scopes. Yeah, that's the ticket, Abby gets her Residency at a whole different hospital and the franchise is renewed. All the blood and gore of the ER up close and personal :eek:

The really sad part is that some Hollywood scriptwriter/producer/parking attendant has probably already thought of it. :laugh:

euterpe

Medalist
I never liked Carter's character and am glad that he's going to gradually fade away. I found the Kem story line rather unbelievable.

I don't much like Sam, either, and that whole story line. I just don't understand what Luka could possible see in such a childish, petulant, perpetually dissatisfied individual. It's pretty obvious that Sam is a very distrustful person who finds it hard to bond with others, so her complaints about Luka's lack of communicativeness seem illogical. Since the story line made such a point of her son's superior intelligence, his thumbing a ride on a busy Chicago street doesn't make much sense.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
My favorite character - Carter - is leaving. He was the reason I got hooked on ER in the first place. Just so EASY ON THE EYES!!!! Anyway, it won't be the same without Dr. Carter. He kept everyone in the ER in line. I hope the remaining characters can carry the show. The writing has been very good this season. Where is Carrie? Did she make an exit as well?

I would not mind if the Sam character disappeared. Her dramatics with the kid are getting a little tedious.

I was a little disappointed in the final espisode. I guess there was really not much else they could do. They all leave the ER with little fanfare. It was kind of sad to see Carter just walking away by himself at the end. Oh well, Knowing Carter he will turn up in an episode or two.

heyang

Record Breaker
IMO, the best scripted departure of an original cast member was Julianna Margulies' Carol reuniting with special guest George Clooney's Doug - but I'm a sucker for romance.

I hated when they killed Mark Greene since it meant that Anthony Edwards couldn't return to the show.