Desperate Housewives Finale | Golden Skate

Desperate Housewives Finale

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
A bit of a letdown. The funny thing is, I complain when I'm left hanging in a series finale, and now I'm complaining because the loose ends have all been tied up! Somehow Zach holding a gun on Susan and Mike isn't much of a cliffhanger, since we KNOW that they're not going to die because they're the main characters!

I doubted that Rex was really dead. That was actually the most intriguing part of the episode.

brad640

On the Ice
I did not want Rex to die. Steven Culp was the best actor of the men on that show and he was great as RFK in Thirteen Days. I loved the relationship between Rex and Bree, and Bree's reaction to his death was so sad, especially because he thought she had murdered him. Now Bree is left alone with her psycho son who is out for revenge. DH creator Marc Cherry said Bree is based on his real life mother, and his father actually died of heart disease. Marcia Cross is the best reason to watch DH, so I can't wait to see her pay back the pharmacist. Hopefully she will freak out like she did on Melrose Place and I will be enthralled!

The courtroom scene with Gabby and Carlos didn't really resolve anything, and I didn't understand the purpose of John coming forward to confess the affair at that time. It seemed anticlimactic for something that had been building all season.

I thought we would at least hear a gunshot when Mike walked in the door at the end. I guess the big cliffhanger is whether Mike will take a fatherly role in Zach's life and how that will affect his relationship with Susan and Julie. Paul Young and Mrs. Huber's sister were hanging in the balance, but they could come back to wreak more havoc next season. The scene introducing Alfre Woodard's new character was pretty dull, so I'm not excited about that upcoming storyline. Were they setting up another younger guy romance between Edie and Alfre Woodard's son?

I liked the idea of Lynette getting back in the corporate game while Tom becomes a stay-at-home dad. They explore more of the real world issues on the show, and Felicity Huffman deserves an Emmy nomination for the episode where motherhood drove her to contemplate suicide and see visions. Huffman is also getting great buzz for her role as a transexual in the film Transamerica which won her Best Actress at the Tribeca Film Festival, so she could have a great year ahead!

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
brad640 said:
The courtroom scene with Gabby and Carlos didn't really resolve anything, and I didn't understand the purpose of John coming forward to confess the affair at that time. It seemed anticlimactic for something that had been building all season.

I thought he did that so Carlos would freak out in the courtroom, thus ensuring that he goes to jail.

I thought we would at least hear a gunshot when Mike walked in the door at the end.

Me too.

Jhar55

Medalist
Everything I seen of the season end was on commericals. I gave up on the show a while back for these reasons.
1. can't stand Teri Hatcher she kind of like Meg Ryan a whiner (sorry if I didn't spell it correct)
2. too much going on and couldn't keep track whom was doing what to whom.
3. one really stupid thing that happened dig up a pool then next time you see it, it's filled with water when Zack had his little party.
Yes there were some funny good parts but not enough to keep me hanging on.

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I enjoyed the finale, but I was disappointed that they killed Rex although I too wondered if he really is dead. I thought maybe since his doctor believed Bree was "poisioning" him, he stashed him away and told her he was dead...but if we see a body next year I guess that would be confirmation! :laugh: Anyway, if they had to kill one of the husbands than I wish it was Carlos or Tom, I enjoy watching Rex a lot more than those two and I was hoping for Bree and Rex to fully patch things up. And I hate to think of Rex dying thinking that Bree poisioned him. I'm guessing Alfree Woodard's character will be the new mystery for next year!

heyang

Record Breaker
Weren't Susan and Zach at her home and Mike went back to his house? He probably thought it was too late to go over to Susan's and was probably emotionally exhausted from the confrontation with Paul. Imagine if Mike is Zach's bio father....would Susan & Julie want to live with creepy Zach?

BTW, not sure if it was mentioned here....the kid who plays Zach was busted for marijuana possession.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
There was a lot of hype about this ender. All was to be revealed, it sort of was. The character who killed herself and we only hear as a voice over finally made an appearance and now we know who Zachs (Dana) real mother is - Mikes former girlfriend.

I heard a rumour earlier that Susan (Teri Hatcher) might meet her end so maybe Zach will shoot her by accident.

I am not sure that Bree killed her husband; wasn't the pharmacist friend who has a thing for Bree changing Rex's prescription?

What happened to Bree's son and daugher? The son went to some camp, but what about the daughter? They were not really mentioned in the finale.

On the whole, although not all questions were answered, I thought the finale was pretty good. Looking forward to next season.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Ladskater said:
What happened to Bree's son and daugher? The son went to some camp, but what about the daughter? They were not really mentioned in the finale.

You must have missed the scene with Rex on the staircase. After he finally convinced Bree that he WAS having a heart attack, Bree told him to wait downstairs and she'd be down in a minute to take him to the hospital. So Rex waited on the staircase for Bree to come down, only she was spending all her time putting her clothes on and making the bed. Then their daughter came down the stairs and said, "Dad, are you all right? What are you doing here?" and when Rex explained, the daughter went upstairs and Bree was still making the bed and the daughter told Bree that Rex was waiting and Bree said, "Well, you know I never leave the house with an unmade bed", which rather freaked the daughter out a little.

I am not sure that Bree killed her husband; wasn't the pharmacist friend who has a thing for Bree changing Rex's prescription?

No, Bree didn't kill Rex....the pharmacist WAS giving Rex something other than what the doctor prescribed him. I was sad he died, hoped he and Bree would patch things up....I, too, wondered if maybe his death is being staged to try to get to the bottom of who "poisoned" him.
I figured out on my own awhile ago that Zach was Dana.
To me, it looks like Alfre Woodard and her son have something to hide.
And from Mike's reaction "Deidre had a baby?" I'd guess he is the biological father.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
You must have missed the scene with Rex on the staircase. After he finally convinced Bree that he WAS having a heart attack, Bree told him to wait downstairs and she'd be down in a minute to take him to the hospital. So Rex waited on the staircase for Bree to come down, only she was spending all her time putting her clothes on and making the bed. Then their daughter came down the stairs and said, "Dad, are you all right? What are you doing here?" and when Rex explained, the daughter went upstairs and Bree was still making the bed and the daughter told Bree that Rex was waiting and Bree said, "Well, you know I never leave the house with an unmade bed", which rather freaked the daughter out a little.

Thanks, I sort of do remember the daughter asking about her father.

guinevere

Final Flight
I was hooked on DH at the beginning of the season, but then there were so many weeks of reruns...and then specials on Sundays that I had to watch...and then some times I forgot...and now I've missed a bunch of episodes and find that by the end of the season the show isn't all that. Don't get me wrong, it's still got some great moments and I enjoy watching it, but I think they took the easy way out with making some characters one-dimensional (cough*SUSAN*cough), whereas the first could of episodes presented each of the main characters as interesting, complex women with problems that were both over-the-top and extremely relatable.

I still enjoyed Bree and Rex, and I'm bummed if he's truly gone. We didn't actually see him die, so I suppose it could be true that it's a red herring. I hope so. I'd much rather one (or both) of Bree's worthless kids leave the show.

Gabrielle's storyline has also petered out. She was so fun at the begining, but ever since Carlos' problems with the law started, she's been a big drag.

I think Lynette going back to work next season could be a great new direction. I love Lynette, and like that they've had Tom on the show more regularly. It would be funny if he ended up taking Lynette's place in all the coffee klatches and poker nights.

And I'm psyched to see Alfre Woodard on the show. Yes, the way she was introduced was rather heavy-handed, but now that one mystery's been solved (but not cleared up), there needs to be another over-arcing story to tie everything together - I hope Woodard's character is part of that.

Jhar55 said:
Everything I seen of the season end was on commericals. I gave up on the show a while back for these reasons.
1. can't stand Teri Hatcher she kind of like Meg Ryan a whiner (sorry if I didn't spell it correct)
2. too much going on and couldn't keep track whom was doing what to whom.
3. one really stupid thing that happened dig up a pool then next time you see it, it's filled with water when Zack had his little party.
Yes there were some funny good parts but not enough to keep me hanging on.
I watch this every 6 weeks. I did see the finale on a friend's tape, and felt I missed nothing. I agree your comments on Teri Hatcher. I don't like her mousy acting and I couldn't care less about her character in the story, or Mike or Zach.

I like the one with the hyper kids who really is ending on a bad note for not trusting her husband.

Too bad about the guy that died because the story line will pick up on the horrendous pharmacist. the wife is a hoot.

The one that likes teenage boys (good for them. they need the practice) is also not terribly interesting. Everything seems to just follow as one would expect. The husband needs to shave that vandyke (out of style now) but he is a klutz.

Joe