BB Liang Joins HealthSouth Team of Ken Congemi and Frank Carroll | Golden Skate

BB Liang Joins HealthSouth Team of Ken Congemi and Frank Carroll

nicole_l

Final Flight
Yay! Carroll & Congemi are probably my favorite elite coaches.
I hope this doesn't affect Jenny Kirk, though. And I'd like to see more of Danielle Kahle this year, too.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I'm sorry that it has to be for such a sad reason (her grand- mother's illness). She is, however, a great skater, with great priorities, and now, she has a great coaching team.

jesslily

Final Flight
Bebe made a very smart move. She is so talented, and has been putting all her heart to pursue her Olympic dream. I wish the new training situation help her to get in the Olympic team.

jesslily said:
Bebe made a very smart move. She is so talented, and has been putting all her heart to pursue her Olympic dream. I wish the new training situation help her to get in the Olympic team.
Well, everyone knows the cynic I am, but do you believe the USFSA is going to allow Bebe over Kimmie at US Nats. Mind you, if Kimmie skates better than Bebe and Emile, so be it, but I can't help but think that Kimmie is being groomed for the next American Sweetheart.

Joe

Casper

Rinkside
Well, everyone knows the cynic I am, but do you believe the USFSA is going to allow Bebe over Kimmie at US Nats. Mind you, if Kimmie skates better than Bebe and Emile, so be it, but I can't help but think that Kimmie is being groomed for the next American Sweetheart.

Nobody can control what the judges will do. However, Bebe's job and Kimmie's job is to skate the best they can. If Bebe goes out there and gives the judges no choice but to give her the third spot, then she gets it.

The last thing the US wants is a judging scandal going into the Olympics and on the first Nats scored by CoP.

It's true that she has been undermarked before - and wrongly so. However, that just means she has to be that much more perfect. She's capable of it, I think.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Casper said:
Nobody can control what the judges will do. However, Bebe's job and Kimmie's job is to skate the best they can. If Bebe goes out there and gives the judges no choice but to give her the third spot, then she gets it.

The last thing the US wants is a judging scandal going into the Olympics and on the first Nats scored by CoP.

It's true that she has been undermarked before - and wrongly so. However, that just means she has to be that much more perfect. She's capable of it, I think.

I am ROOTING that you are right Casper. I really enjoy BB's skating much more than the other young girls. She has a style that is "her" - not just what I would call generic junior skating. (not a dis to the other young ladies - a unique style takes time) I hope she rises to whatever full potential she has next season.

DG

jesslily

Final Flight
Everybody knows that Kimmie is the one that USFSA promoted as next Olympic Gold medal hopeful, if Michelle Kwan quit competitive skating . Kimmie is a great young skater, but she could not do excellent performance after 2005 National. I doubt about her consistency. Only one great competition can not say too much about her ability to handle the pressure. She also needs to work on her presentation, edges, and flow.

Bebe has the whole package. If she switched to Frank Carroll about a year ago, it would benefit her a lot better than switching now. Look at Evan Lyschek got a lot of exposure for the past year and half since he came to Carroll. He indeed has made quite a bit improvement.

kyla2

Final Flight
Happy For Bebe

I'm happy for Bebe. She couldn't have a better coach than Frank Carroll, who I think walks on water. Bebe has tons of potential and ability. I would love to see her move up the ranks.

To all GS members: Don't post images from other web sites (except your own). Post the url instead. If you link to the image, that causes both copyright and bandwidth theft problems.

And especially, do not post movie clips and animations. These slow down everyone's computer when they try to access the page, especially for users who do not have high-speed internet connections.

MM.

Eeyora

Final Flight
The question now is, Will she go to Lori Nichol for choreography? I like Lori's choreography but i felt Sarah K's programs were perfect foe BeBe?

jesslily

Final Flight
Bebe should keep Sarah K. as her choreographer, but she really needs to find a better dress maker doing her dresses. Her dresses should hide her weakness and show off her strong points.

Serena

Rinkside
Joesitz said:

Joe

I agree. Kimmie's already been chosen. Bebe would have to seriously outskate Kimmie in order to beat her, I think. Although Frank Carroll has major political clout, and that is definitely in Bebe's favor. Too bad that the reason why she switched was so sad.

shine

Record Breaker
I've become the girl's biggest fan ever since her appearance at this year's Nationals. I think this new partnership has a lot to offer to her future placements, but the only worry is that she might be in danger of losing her current passionate, unique style, which I would absolutely HATE to see. I, too, hope she keeps Sarah Karahawa. In the past, I don't think I'd seen anyone bringing forward Karahawa's choreography as much as Liang has done. The SP was wonderful, and the LP was just electrifying! I love Meissner's skating as well, but nothing would make me more happy next season to see her and Savoie make the Olympic team!

jesslily

Final Flight
It's unfortunate that Bebe's grandma is very ill, but people do get old...you can't say it's not a little excuse and it can let Christy Ness feel not too bad loosing a talented student...I don't believe that Frank Carroll will mess up Bebe's fluent skating style...Look Michelle 2001's long program, Black Swan, so smooth and delightful, which is the best skating level Michelle has ever had...If Carroll could work Bebe toward that direction, it will certainly benefit Bebe tremedously...

shine

Record Breaker
And that's exactly the last thing I want to see happen--Liang becoming another Michelle Kwan. She has a distinct style of her own and it should stay the way it is. I remembered thinking "Sasha wanna-be" when I watched her way back in 2002 because of all her showing-off-my-flexibility moves. But how she has changed and grown!