Michelle makes it official!!! | Golden Skate

Michelle makes it official!!!

nymkfan51

Medalist
Apparently she was on the Today show this morning, and told Katie she was "going to go for it!"
She is in NY for a VISA event.

Good for you Michelle ... go for it!!! :rock:

I have to admit, I didn't think she would 'go for it' but I am happy she will. That's the answer to Question 1.

Question 2. Will she incorporate all the elements she can do for the points in this time of new scoring? Any surprises? - we should not hold our breath.

Question 3. Has the musics been chosen for the SP and LP.

Question 4. Are choreographies done by whomever did them?

Another question not concerning Kwan but does anyone know if there will be Campbells this year?

Joe

nymkfan51

Medalist
Aw, c'mon Joe. Have a little faith! ;)

There supposedly is going to be a Campbells event ... I believe October 8th (no location yet).

I would bet she will have some surprises for us. Don't know if music has been chosen or programs completed yet. But then, I am not hearing anything from Irina, Sasha, Shizuka, Carolina etc. So no need to expect these decisions to be made public by Michelle and no one else.

Kathy

On the Ice
I am soooo happy. I think she is following her heart and that must be incredibly hard to do - she'd save herself so much grief if she settled for what she's already done. She's willing to try for her dream and willing to put up with all that will come her way if she fails. I so admire her choices.

Arsenette

On the Ice
:clap: Actually this is pretty early for her to decide - iirc this is the earliest she's ever said right before Olympic Season? Hope she starts early :agree: I wish her all the best.. I would LOVE to see her on top in Torino.

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
I never had any doubt that she would "go for it". Michelle has a marketing deal with VISA (has had for quite some time). I think that they would have been pretty ticked off if she hadn't decided to "go for it".

Kathie

Hikaru

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I have to admit, I didn't think she would 'go for it' but I am happy she will. That's the answer to Question 1.

Question 2. Will she incorporate all the elements she can do for the points in this time of new scoring? Any surprises? - we should not hold our breath.

Question 3. Has the musics been chosen for the SP and LP.

Question 4. Are choreographies done by whomever did them?

Another question not concerning Kwan but does anyone know if there will be Campbells this year?

Joe

Actually I would have been surprised if she had said "I am not doing it again". What I mean, is that I had the feeling that if she kept competing year after year, taking one at a time, she must have had the desire of trying a third olympic (and also she wans't doing many other big competitions aside from Nationals and Worlds, almost like ssaving the energy). But I'm happy she has made a choice, and just like Joe said, we have to wait for music choices, choreo and new movements, and so on :)

nymkfan51

Medalist
Eldredgefan2001 said:
I never had any doubt that she would "go for it". Michelle has a marketing deal with VISA (has had for quite some time). I think that they would have been pretty ticked off if she hadn't decided to "go for it".

Kathie

Somehow I think a VISA deal is not why she is choosing to go for another Olympics. She loves the sport and she loves competing ... all the rest is just icing on the cake.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I'm glad MK has made it official!

This will definately be an exciting Oly year. Can't wait for the comps to begin in the fall!

DG

MidnightNess

Rinkside
well considering she is in NY, she could also be on the east coast for choreography/music purposes. ;)
Glad to hear she made it official. Now she just needs two COP friendly programs and to compete in the GP. and knowing Kwan, we won't know her final decision until September at the earliest ;) :laugh:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
re: GP

Didn't the ISU make the decision for her -- in its letter, telling the federations that their top skaters better do GP or face discipline?

gkelly

Record Breaker
I doubt it, since they didn't say that athletes must do the Olympics or face discipline. :)

She hasn't "made it official" that she's doing the GP from anything I've heard so far.

I know she is not going to give out any further infomation than she has already. And the other competitors are not either. That's why I was asking about Campbell's which is usually a dress rehearsal for the Nats I think she and Sasha will be testing the waters at Campbells and hopefully there will be some international competitors, too. I don't consider the cheesefests as real competitions but I do enjoy them for letting out little secrets.

How about this lineup for Campbells: MK, Sasha, Irina, Shizuka, Fumie and Susanna? I would prefer the all american girls enter the Marshalls in December and include Bebe, Emilie,Kimmie and Jenny.

Just thinking....

Joe

Joe

kyla2

Final Flight
Not Surprised

I am not surprised that she is going to go to Torino. I hope she can follow this anouncement up with a great new program filled with content and choreography.

Joesitz said:
How about this lineup for Campbells: MK, Sasha, Irina, Shizuka, Fumie and Susanna? I would prefer the all american girls enter the Marshalls in December and include Bebe, Emilie,Kimmie and Jenny.
I expect that Campbell's will be all-American this year. For one thing, it will be held right around the time of the new Japanese cheesefest, which will have Irina as well as Fumie, Shizuka, Miki, etc.

MM