Indy 500 - GO DANIKA! | Golden Skate

Indy 500 - GO DANIKA!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I realize she's not the first female driver to run, but I think thus far she's got the best future. She's already produced race results that have afforded her participation on a really great team. As a "rookie" my hope for her is that she finishes in the top half (she's currently in the top FIVE) and subsequently has a bright future!!

DG

But she is the first to give the guys a run for their money. She was 4th in the overall placements. out of ??? entries.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
Am I the only one who thinks that she looks like Jamie Sale??

I was racking my brain yesterday trying to figure out who she looks like, and I think you are right.

What a race!

DG

SingAlto

On the Ice
I was hoping she'd win even if it were just for the fact that she'd really tick off a lot of redneck good ol' boys. :biggrin:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
SingAlto said:
I was hoping she'd win even if it were just for the fact that she'd really tick off a lot of redneck good ol' boys. :biggrin:

LOL - In one of the interviews after the race Dan Wheldon was asked what he thought when Danika was in the lead, and how it would be to get beat by a woman. Of course he gave a "PC" response (that would be fine) but did take his "dig" pointing out that she skipped the last pit. That was sort of funny since that's common in every Indy race, and probably 5 or 6 teams at least took that risk in Sunday's race.

My brothers were both at the race. And they said that while it was the female fans sporting all the Danika stuff (T-Shirts, hats, etc.) all the men in the stands (at least around where they were sitting) were standing up and cheering her on right along with the women.

For a rookie driver she really kept her cool in spite of the two more significant mistakes (the stall and the spin / bump). It will be fun to see how she continues to develop as a driver.

DG

Johar

Medalist
I was watching on TV, being that I am from Indiana. It's the only time I'll ever watch an auto race. Boy, I was cheering and screaming when she took the lead with 10 laps to go. This girl has a future in the sport!

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
SingAlto said:

Isn't Wheldon British? I don't imagine having some tea-drinkin' Brit come in there and win does much for 'em either....

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
JonnyCoop said:
Isn't Wheldon British? I don't imagine having some tea-drinkin' Brit come in there and win does much for 'em either....

LOL - I'm much more in favor of a Beer Drinkin' Broad taking home the trophy. :) Maybe next year.

DG