Any Mythbusters watchers? | Golden Skate

Any Mythbusters watchers?

mpal2

Final Flight
I just finished watching a mythbusters episode where the raised a sunken boat with pingpong balls and floated a little girl in the air with a few thousand helium balloons. :laugh:

Anyone else watch this show? I went searching for their website and found out they have a chat forum. There's a thread about favorite quotes from the show that was hysterical to read through.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html

I think my favorite episodes so far have been the meat bullet and the singer's voice breaking glass.

Lucy25

Final Flight
I have only seen this show once, and even then I had run across it accidently. I had no idea this show existed. They were checking out the story that the original Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz fell ill to the silver paint he had sprayed on him. They used the exact same paint and covered a woman on the show head to toe, but she had no bad reaction at all. They even had paramedics standing by monitoring her vital statistics the whole time. I know I saw them do something else on that episode, but I can't remember what it was...It's a pretty neat show.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Just because SHE didn't have an allergic reaction doesn't mean that someone else might not--including the fellow originally slated to be The Tin Man.

Johar

Medalist
Someone who was once in my email ring used to believe every Urban Legend that came along, no matter how inane. I hope she watches this show to enlighten herself.

Lucy25

Final Flight
RealtorGal said:
Just because SHE didn't have an allergic reaction doesn't mean that someone else might not--including the fellow originally slated to be The Tin Man.

The show's experts came to the conclusion that there really was nothing wrong with the paint itself; that it must have been the actor himself with some sort of problem. That was the whole original controversy, that the paint was somehow dangerous.

4dogknight

Final Flight
From the IMDb site:

"Buddy Ebsen had been cast as the Scarecrow, and now switched roles with Bolger. But the aluminum powder makeup for the Tin Woodsman was toxic and Ebsen apparently had an allergic reaction to it as well. He left the picture, but his voice can still be heard in "Off to see the Wizard".

4dk

JOHIO2

Medalist
My favorite "myths" they "busted" were:
Ways to beat a breathalalyzer. Jamie and Adam got drunk and tried various urban legends ways to "beat" the test. I liked the cop who was giving the test. The best line he had was to the effect that a cop giving a test would have to be blind for some of the tricks, like putting pennies and batteries in your mouth, to work.

More recently, ways to beat a radar gun. Loved those model cars and all the crazy stuff they put on cars to try to beat the radar gun.

They're really great at blowing things up. Especially the cannon made of wood.

mpal2

Final Flight
I forgot about the breathalyzer test. :laugh: What a job! Your work assignment is to go out and get drunk.

Johar

Medalist
Mine was the morbidly obese woman who got her butt stuck to the seat of an airplane when she flushed while sitting.

And whizzing on an electric fence will electrocute you to death.

mpal2

Final Flight
I was feeling kind of sick so I ended up staying in bed all day. I thought it would be a bad and boring day, but they had a Mythbusters marathon of their last season. :clap: I missed some of those so it was a great catchup.

Johar

Medalist
I saw one last night where they tried to swing a complete loop over the swingset bars. Did anybody watch?

mpal2

Final Flight
Of course!

I loved the use of the rockets to achieve a 360 loop. :laugh: I sure don't want to be the person holding the rocket though.

Arsenette

On the Ice
LOL I remember when they did the painter and the barrel of bricks with him flying around the air of a building and they managed to figure out that it WAS plausible if not competely unreal that it could happen at all.

I love this show and I put it on whenever I can't figure out what else to watch on TV.

CDMM1991

Medalist
What channel is this show on? And at what time? (When you say the time please specify your time zone:))

mpal2

Final Flight
Discovery channel and here's the link for the show. Shark week is coming up and they are going to go into the myths of the movie "Jaws". :rock: They also have a chat room that is quite entertaining to read through.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/mythbusters/mythbusters.html

When I did a search for the mythbusters site, I also found a link for a site that lets you download missed tv programs. It looks like you might have to pay to sign up for a membership. Don't know if that would be worth it or not.
http://www.tvshows.org/

Arsenette

On the Ice
Been watching a bit of Mythbusters including last night whre they blew up a cement truck and busted out of prison using Salsa on the bars :rofl: