Dancing With the Stars | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Dancing With the Stars

I don't think Rachel has a fan base in the US. Isn't she a model? and how many models are well known> She has the best partner but in any select poll there will be fans voting for whomever.

So I think Rachel will go and darnit, so will her talented partner.

I think John will win. He is likeable

I think maybe the fox trot? and the pasa doble.

Joe

CDMM1991

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
Here are my predictions:

Who should -- Kelly :yes: :clap:
Who will -- John :love:

Just hunches. I hope that John will be able to stay in the comps for a while. Kelly has a large fan base and I think that is what is keeping her in the competition.

I wonder what the dances will be. :scratch:

Dee

4 minutes till its on!:) What makes you say John?

CDMM1991

Medalist
What's strange is that the scores are a combination of two different performances. The judges are scoring on their performances that night, but the public voted on their performances from the week before. Didn't they? Do you think makes a difference? I do. I think that they should do the elimination before they do the dance each week and use the judges scores from the week before. Of course that would mean that one couple would have to learn a dance that they would never compete with, but they could use it as their "last dance" or something like that.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Okay it's on now and I can watch while on the computer so I am going to do a play by play commentary. Haha

Hosts: Ick they are sooooooo cheesy. Tom Bergeron is the host of about ten shows haha he must be a busy man. The woman is even worse though.

Dances: Hmmmm Waltz again but together hmmmm interesting and Samba (that samba roll kind of looks like a sped up version of a pairs skating move)

Joey and Ashley: Wow I'm not sure why they have time to go Boston! haha! Sounds like it was a valueable move though it seemed to calm them both down. He looked wuite stiff in the samba roll. He still has a jive expression. I didn't like them much this week.
(Judges Score = 20)

Rachel and Jonathan: Strange music choice for the samba. She's very flexible and I think at times that can make her look better than she is, though she is good. I kind of changed my mind and don't think she will go just because she was the highest of the judges last week, which I didn't realize.
(Judges Score = 25)

John and Charlotte: He's very charming and likeable, and will get votes for that. Whooooaaa that is quite the costume on Charlotte. His footwork could still use some work, though it is better than it had been. The judges are quite split tonight. I think he is fine because he will have good phone-in votes.
(Judges Score = 21)

Kelly and Alec: I'm starting to think that Kelly could go out there and skip around in a circle and still make it because of her fan base, though I missed her last week and she was supposedly impressive. Hmmm some of her turns are messy but she isn't doing horribly. Hmmm judges liked them.
(Judges Score =26) OMG! Was it just me or was Charlotte looking pretty peeved behind them when the 26 was unveiled. :scratch: :p

Order by judges:

1. Kelly and Alec
2. Rachel and Jonathan
3. John and Charlotte
4. Joey and Ashly

Hmmmm not what I would have predicted. I'm quite interested to see what happens with this waltz. I'm hoping for a collison :p

Wow that was fairly eventful in terms of high drama though I think the best couple in the middle was Kelly and Alec. Where is this coming from!? Hmm John did better than that one.

Order after combination of judges scores and phone-ins:

1/2. Kelly and Alec + Joey and Ashley
3. John + Charlotte (not what I expected)
4. Rachel + Jonathan (what I expected, then didn't)

I wonder if Canadians can vote. :scratch:

So now you know what I think. What do you?

Not surprised. There are two sets of judges: the experts(?) and the public, and there is ABC which wants this show to keep the ratings high.

If it were just the experts, Rachell would still be there and probably in 1st or 2nd place.

With the fans of the celebs, they will vote for them. Joey, John, and Kelley have many more fans than Rachel

With ABC, I think they are looking for an Irish showdown with Joey and John to get higher ratings. Kelley will have to go next time out.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Well, my two fav couples made it to the finals. Not sorry to see Rachel and her partner go. I couldn't understand the rave reviews for Rachel. She seemed stiff, top heavy and was way too tall for her partner.........not graceful at all....just my opinion. I do admire the dedication all the participants seem to have. What a fun summertime program..........bring on more dancing.......42

heyang

Record Breaker
I never saw the greatness of Rachel. BTW, Joe, Rachel was a supermodel and is also the ex Mrs Rod Stewart. Her partner definitely had audience appeal and was able to choreograph for her. They used her flexibility to great advantage, but sometimes there seemed to be more tricks than real dancing on her part.

I'm starting to think that Joey and John aren't particularly improving. They are good dancers, but I just don't see an elevation in their skills. If you could combine Joey's feet with John's carriage, you would have one excellent male dancer. I noticed that Joey did improve his carriage for the Samba and I also noticed John's stumble during the Samba - actually it was almost as though he stepped too far forward, which forced his partner off her feet during a turn. There was definitely a moment that looked awkward. I think that John's partner is better, too, which might account for why they like him so much when he doesn't do much with his feet.

Kelly has been kept in during the 1st 2 weeks by her soap fan base, but I think it was deserved these past 2 weeks. Of all the celebrities, she's the most visibly improved.

ITA, Heyang - I never warmed up to Rachel but she had a great leader for a partner. I think he knew her limitations and choreographed for her flexibility and not her dance abilities.

Next week, it has to be the fox trot with the two guys going head to head on who is the best leader.

I think the call-in votes are not the way to go but it does add suspense for the next week and that means ratings.

Joe

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
CD........definitely Kelly and Joe are my favs...............42

heyang

Record Breaker
Since I haven't agreed with the judges, I'm glad the public is able to change the results. I do agree that it's a bit unfair, too because it becomes a popularity contest.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Originally Posted by Dee4707
Here are my predictions:

Who should -- Kelly
Who will -- John

Just hunches. I hope that John will be able to stay in the comps for a while. Kelly has a large fan base and I think that is what is keeping her in the competition.

I wonder what the dances will be.

Dee

CDMM1991 said:
4 minutes till its on!:) What makes you say John?

CDMM1991, sorry I didn't answer sooner but I was gone for a few days. I guess the reason I said John was based on what I thought would be the popular vote. I thought that Rachel and her partner would win on the popular. So it's after the fact and as you know my hunch was wrong. I was definately surprised to see Rachel voted off.

Kelly came through this week and again as you can see I was wrong again. :laugh: :laugh: I'm glad we are not betting on this comp. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

CDMM1991

Medalist
On tomorrow night! Any predictions?

My predictions:

Who should go: Those cheesy hosts
Who will go: Joey and Ashly

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so happy that John got to stay. I loved both dances. Charlotte is an excellent instructor. I thought of three - John's fox trot was the best. I see where height lends a lot in dancing and line.

I still say that Kelly stays because of her fan base. Although I am not sorry to see Joey go with his nasty partner. :laugh: :laugh:

Kelly really needs to watch her posture.

I'm going to vote on who I want to win.

Dee

ITA Dee - Kelly is just pretending she never danced in her life and is playing the 'how did I get myself into this' role. She's a phony, imo.

There ALL back next week and that could make a good show no matter who wins.

Joe

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope tomorrow we can say John & Charlotte won. Yeah!!! :clap: :clap:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Talk about figure skating judging, how could you give Kelly a 10. If I am not mistaken, didn't Kelly mess up a hold.........and what was all that flying around about?

I am so unhappy!!! :mad:

Dee

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I wasn't pleased with the outcome either! First of all, since the audience vote is what counts it didn't matter what the judges gave them nor did it matter what they did last night since the audience vote was based on last week. And since that audience vote was based on last week John and Charlotte should have won easily. Though it's pretty dumb that they use the audience vote of last week all the time anyway. They need to tweak the scoring. Okay, second of all, 30 for Kelly and Alec? Huh? I saw lots of footwork mistakes in the routine. Granted, John and Charlotte weren't perfect either and perhaps the judges boxed themselves in (as we used to say in 6.0 skating judging) and had nowhere to go but 10 if they thought they were better. But I thought 10's were a bit overboard. And Kelly just bugs me for some unknown reason - perhaps it's the unkempt hair or the fact that she comes off as having a bit of an attitude. Oh well. Fun show at any rate.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
:disagree: for Kelly and Alec. They made a lot of mistakes especially at the end when she dropped hard on her knees. A dancer she's not.
.........and what was all that flying around about?
Didn't they tell you that is what ballroom dancing is about!? :laugh: