Dancing with the Stars 6/8 | Golden Skate

Dancing with the Stars 6/8

heyang

Record Breaker
The men did the quick step and the women rumba'd....

I really don't understand the judging.

To me a rhumba is supposed to be sensual with Latin flair- JMO. I didn't feel that Trista had a lot of heat in her routine, but her dance steps were better than Rachel's. Kelly had a lot of sensuality in her program, but there wasn't enough dancing. To borrow from last week, Rachel had a lot of flowers, but not enough grass - the moves were pretty but not particularly Latin and I didn't really get a sense of sensuality between them. I probably would have rated them all evenly.

The judges really seem to favor John H IMO. He did a nice job, but I thought Joey M was better. Joey's steps were quicker and more energetic and more complex. They probably got it about right for Evander since his steps weren't as good and they didn't do very complex step sequences together.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
heyang said:
The men did the quick step and the women rumba'd....

I really don't understand the judging.

To me a rhumba is supposed to be sensual with Latin flair- JMO. I didn't feel that Trista had a lot of heat in her routine, but her dance steps were better than Rachel's. Kelly had a lot of sensuality in her program, but there wasn't enough dancing. To borrow from last week, Rachel had a lot of flowers, but not enough grass - the moves were pretty but not particularly Latin and I didn't really get a sense of sensuality between them. I probably would have rated them all evenly.

The judges really seem to favor John H IMO. He did a nice job, but I thought Joey M was better. Joey's steps were quicker and more energetic and more complex. They probably got it about right for Evander since his steps weren't as good and they didn't do very complex step sequences together.

I can't figure out why Evander and his partner are still in the competition. He can't dance!!! That was a real mess. He lost his timing; his arm movements were awkward and his feet are too big. Fred Astaire, he ain't! He should stick to boxing.

Kelly and her partner did a lot of posing, and not near enough dancing. That was some outfit she was wearing. I was worried the costume might not last until the end of the dance. I thought the whole routine was in poor taste. The song they chose was too slow for the Rumba.

I missed some of the other couples. I think John looks to wooden.

This competition is easy to spot the newbies from the pros.