Elvis not so nice? | Golden Skate

Elvis not so nice?

brad640

On the Ice
The post you are talking about is here. If you like Elvis so much, you shouldn't disown him because of what one random person says. There might be a good reason why Elvis threw that kid's drawing away. Also, that poster says she met William Hurt and he was so nice to her, but when I met him he was a total jerk, so anyone can have a bad day (I still love his movies).

You also have to consider that you don't know who that person is. She could have a warped sense of reality, or may have a grudge against Elvis if she did not get to talk to him at that event. For example check out what someone posted at bitterwaitress.com(caution: bad language) about waiting on Michelle Kwan:
I was a server for Michelle Kwan and her meat head boyfriend. I didn't even recoginize her at first,but the hostess told me she's that figure skater. Her freakin big nose walked in before she did and was demaning as hell. She was dressed in some black tunic top and had a $2000 Gucci bag. That outfit just scream "trying too hard".At first she and meathead ordered chicken strips demanded that dont'want any oil, and I nicely informed her that it's impossible to have chicken strips w/out oil and some grese, but Miss giant nose kept made evil eyes at me. Her meathead boyfriend ordered a beer and later wanted refills! Is he from some backwater place? What restaurants on earth have free beer refills? Anyway, when the food came, America sweetheart took a bite of her meatloaf sandwich and wanted to return it cuz she said it was too mushy?She wanted the Grill Salom instead and demaned that we gave it to her for free. I told her it's not possible and she ***** some more. She said the meatloaf was bad and therefore everything must be free. Ok! Whatever! Anyway, the manager came and she got a free banana foster and a shake. When the bill came, she didn't tip me at all! [expletives deleted] If you have the $ to buy a $2000 Gucci bag, and you don't have the courtousy to leave a 15% tiP?I hope she break a leg soon!

No tip? And she tried so hard to give humongous-nose and meat-head a delightful dining experience!

BTW Brad, I have to ask: How did you discover a web site called "bitterwaitress.com/" :laugh:

Leprechaun, I agree with Brad. I have heard many, many nice stories about Elvis over the many years that he has been in the public eye.

OT -- That looks like an interesting and friendly cropping forum. Mrs. MM will want to check it out!

Mathman

Last edited:

Dante The Beagle

Rinkside
33leprechaun said:
Check out this link: www.scrappingwithstyle.com and scroll down to iscrapdoyou's (sp?) post. I know people say you can't believe everything you hear, yada, yada, yada but I was shaking when I read this. I actually cried. She says that while Kurt and Brian O were really nice, Elvis was a jerk, throwing out a little kid's artwork. That's so mean! If it were my kid, I'd be livid. As some of you already know from my gushing, Elvis used to be my all-time favorite skater. I have followed his career since the '94 Olympics and even his martial arts training. (Particularly now since my son started studying karate) I wanted to tell him how much I admired him, how he'd inspired me, etc. I admired his guts and he gave me hope to keep going when things got tough in my life. Now I feel like such a fool for ever having liked him in the first place. :scratch: I am heartbroken.

Hi!

We used to skate at the same rink as Elvis and he is a very nice, down-to-earth person. He'd always help out the skaters, cheer them on, and talk to everyone. He even sang Happy Birthday to an old lady once. So don't be sad, that poster obviously doesn't know what they are talking about. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

brad640

On the Ice
Mathman said:
BTW Brad, I have to ask: How did you discover a web site called "bitterwaitress.com/" :laugh:

I first heard about it from a friend that found someone we knew in the S***ty Tipper Database where disgruntled servers post the names of bad tippers. :laugh:

I found the mention of Kwan when I was searching "Michelle Kwan boyfriend" trying to find the identity of that guy in the MTV photos. Not sure if he is the "meat head" in that post.

Dante the Beagle said:
So don't be sad, that poster obviously doesn't know what they are talking about
Even if Elvis was rude to a child, that should not change your opinion of him. Many parents use their children to get close to celebrities, especially skaters. I have witnessed parents at events who stoop to all forms of despicable behavior at their child's expense to get to a skater. If Elvis reacted to that type of situation, I say more power to him!

gkelly

Record Breaker
According to the post in question, this happened in 1992. I certainly wouldn't hold against Elvis now something he did when he was 19 or 20. (Was it really 1992 Canadian championships? I thought Browning watched that one on TV at home, injured. Maybe the poster was a little confused about exactly when or where.)

Also, we don't know under what circumstances this occured. If Elvis had to go carting his skates and costumes someplace and was left with a piece of paper in his hands, his first thought might have been "What am I going to do with this? I don't have anywhere to put it." and gotten rid of it for that reason. After the kid had left, according to the post.

Jhar55

Medalist
Oh Gee, you can't expect skater i.e anyone else to keep everything someone gives them. It was a piece of paper and from what I read he didn't throw it away right in front of the kid. Come on ya got to admitt most of the time ya can't tell what they drew anyway. On the tipping just because you think a customer has lots of money they should leave BIG TIPS!!! :eek:hwell:

You know what? That waitress story is bogus anyway, because Michelle would never order a meatloaf sandwich. She's more of a sushi girl. In the Asian/Asian American style, she does not like meals that feature a big slab of meat. More like little bits of meat mixed in with some nice healthy vegetables.

Mathman:)

k&gskate

Rinkside
Elvis is nice

I met Elvis backstage at Champions on ice in Boston. He was so nice and posed for pictures with my two children. He signed everyones autographs and even was nice to the annoying lady next to me who thought he was another skater and called him the wrong name. She was really rude and I told her it was Elvis and he wasn't coming up to her because she was calling him the wrong name and he probably didn't know she was talking to him. But he signed her autograph and was friendly even after she was rude to him and he was really nice to her and did not get annoyed. We met all of the skaters and the only one that would not sign autographs was Ateur Demetriev {not sure of the spelling} he was there but wouldn't sign autographs and was really huffy but like you said everyone can have a bad day. Also he is my age so he may just be burnt out and should think of retireing. Michelle and Sasha were so nice and Johhny Weir is so friendly and seems to really care about his fans more than any one I have ever met. We got pictures with everyone and they were all so friendy so don't believe everything you read. Some people are really rude and then blame the other person for getting upset when it was them at fault.

Eeyora

Final Flight
LoL Mathman I totally agree!
I couldn't imagine her eating a Bananas Foster and a Shake.
However if it's the guy at the MTV awards I guess we know who had a majority of the food.

Sadly celebrities are used to getting stuff for free. I worked for Versace for an internship they get discounts and "borrow" stuff that they don't return or return it in horrible condition,well some of them do.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
You know what? That waitress story is bogus anyway, because Michelle would never order a meatloaf sandwich. She's more of a sushi girl. In the Asian/Asian American style, she does not like meals that feature a big slab of meat. More like little bits of meat mixed in with some nice healthy vegetables.

Mathman:)
Yeah, you tell 'em! Now, Sasha, on the other hand, would probably have ordered a plate of ribs or T-bone steak. ;)

Also, how did she know the bag cost $2,000, the one she kept harping on? A bit fishy, I'd say.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
It's 2:30 in the a.m. and I fell asleep so early that now I can't sleep. Thankfully, that bitterwaitress website has me in stitches! All the star treatment some of these stars expect and the arrogance they display! Wow! Some of the worst offenders are people like Venus and Serena Williams, Britney Spears and Eminem. Oh, and there are a LOT of nasty John Kerry and Jennifer Lopez stories. Who knows if the stories are true!

The absolute funniest one is of TARA LIPINSKI: :rofl:

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/index.html?detail=1&id=70

Oh, I am editing this to add one I just found about Sasha Cohen: :laugh:

http://www.bitterwaitress.com/std/index.html?detail=1&id=187

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Actually, I think the funniest is Jennifer Lopez, who reportedly passed gas for a tip! :rofl:

Hey J-Lo, you ain't THAT talented! :laugh:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
33leprechaun said:
Check out this link: www.scrappingwithstyle.com and scroll down toiscrapdoyou's (sp?) post. I know people say you can't believe everything you hear, yada, yada, yada but I was shaking when I read this. I actually cried. She says that while Kurt and Brian O were really nice, Elvis was a jerk, throwing out a little kid's artwork. That's so mean! If it were my kid, I'd be livid. As some of you already know from my gushing, Elvis used to be my all-time favorite skater. I have followed his career since the '94 Olympics and even his martial arts training. (Particularly now since my son started studying karate) I wanted to tell him how much I admired him, how he'd inspired me, etc. I admired his guts and he gave me hope to keep going when things got tough in my life. Now I feel like such a fool for ever having liked him in the first place. :scratch: I am heartbroken.

Do you believe everything you read? I honestly can't picture Elvis being so mean spirited. Elvis is well liked by everyone here in Canada - from little old ladies to truck drivers - who dig his skating. Elvis is kind to everyone he meets and a good role model for other skaters.

Anyone who goes by the handle iscrapdoyou's - must be a flake. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had the pleasure of talking to Elvis briefly at Worlds 2003 in Washington, DC. This was during a Zamboni break, the night of the ladies' final. He was extremely kind and gracious! I got his autograph. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me, but it was still a thrill to finally meet him up close & personal. When we attended our local COI show (Philly), I waved my Canadian flag after his individual program. He saw it, smiled, and waved to me. At the end of the show, I ran down to the boards, & waved the flag again. He saw me, gave me a big smile, & I got another wave from him. :clap: