Fox launching skating reality show | Golden Skate

Fox launching skating reality show

Will Conoleeza Rice participate?:agree:

One cool thing about the Variety web site is that it has a built-in slang dictionary for show business terms. So I could look up "skein" -- a TV series.

MM

I can just see Kwan and Pitt skating against Lysacek and Jolie. Lots of ratings!

Did you notice that Dancing under the Stars is number one Summer rating on TV?

Joe

katherine2001

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
I can just see Kwan and Pitt skating against Lysacek and Jolie. Lots of ratings!

Did you notice that Dancing under the Stars is number one Summer rating on TV?

Joe

How in the world would Michelle be able to concentrate on her skating if she was skating with Brad Pitt? I'm sorry, but if I was out on the ice with him the last thing I'd be able to focus on would be my skating!

tharrtell

TriGirl Rinkside
On the Ice
As much as I'm over reality TV, I'll watch:) Could be interesting, though. Figure skating is more dangerous than dancing. There are going to be some sore celebrity bootys! This could make for some pre-Oly stress relief fun. I wonder when it'll be on TV?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sounds great!! I know I'll watch.

Dee

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Thanks for the news, I can't wait! I am not watching the Dancing, but I may tune in as the summer goes on.

The British version had about 45-60 sec dance, mostly footwork and a few lifts. No jumps :) A goalkeeper (who stepped in for a teammate, who was out with injury) won the event, that was hilarious. They showed his kid cheering, that was really sweet!

Yana

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
There's a long tradition of ballroom dancing in Great Britain, and I'm not surprised that an ice dance reality show would go over well there. I wonder whether the average US viewer will be impressed by the lack of jumps.

sk8m8

Final Flight
As long as no one is eating a bug or performing other stomach-turning feats, I'm cool with it. It is reasonable that you can take someone with some atheletic/artistic abilites would be able to "master some turns, twizzles and footwork if they have a good teacher. It certainly wouldn't be difficult to come up with a few talented skaters to teach them....I'm sure Tonya K would love to show up, and quite frankly, I'd be glad to see her.

Sounds like a fun show to watch! Can't wait!

I watched a little bit of the dancing show...didn't impress me at all.

sk8m8

Final Flight
bronxgirl said:
I'm trying to picture Paris Hilton doing COE sprial. A very strange image indeed :laugh:

I've seen portions of her online video with her boyfriend...Flexibility isn't an issue for Ms. Hilton. :disapp:

SingAlto

On the Ice
There are a few celebs I can think of off the top of my head who were skaters like Allison Janney and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think it might actually be a lot of fun.

Vash01

Medalist
SingAlto said:
There are a few celebs I can think of off the top of my head who were skaters like Allison Janney and Sarah Michelle Gellar. I think it might actually be a lot of fun.

Condoleezza Rice was for sure a competitive skater for several years (ice dance). I don't know of anyone else.