Indecorous Positions!!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Indecorous Positions!!!

R

rgirl181

Re: Shine

Mathman
:evil: :rollin: :cool: :rollin: :evil: :rollin: :cool: :rollin: :evil: :rollin: :cool: :rollin: :evil:
Be glad you can still hone and hone alone--I mean without medication.
Rgirl

R

RealtorGal

Re: Shine

Oh, RG#2, not the COW picture! I mean the one of the two of us leaping--look on page 2 of the Most Beautiful/Ugly Costumes thread! How can you forget this lovely photo?

Anytime you have questions about posting an image, email me.

Hugs,
RG#2

D

DORISPULASKI

Geocities

rgirl-who knows what secrets lie in the naked geocities...
As part of their evil blocking software (or because the links are just too darn long) or something else, the link is
not clickable. However, if you copy the link and paste it into the place you usually type in web addresses and hit Go, You will Go there.

Click on it in Idle's note and you will not go there>
I am too dummm to know why this is so.

dpp

D

Dee4707

Re: Yeah Baby!!!

I just thought I would make Laura's day.
See the image here.

This is taking the place of the one I was afraid to post and yes it is the one in the blue dress. It's funny though.

Let's all watch Laura drool and slobber!!!

Dee

P

Princess Leppard 625

DEEEEEEE!!!!! You posted that just for me???? :D That's so sweet of you....

I am now drooling and slobbering all over my keyboard, as anticipated. :p

Thanks!

Laura :)

R

rgirl181

Hey, Laura,
I think it was in INTERNATIONAL FIGURE SKATING, Letters to the Editor, where some woman wrote in totally hot, bothered, and disgusted that a skater would not only PERFORM in nothing but a gold lamé bikini bottom but would also go up into the stands and do disgustingly sexy moves for a woman. COI is supposed to be a family show, for God's sake.

IFS ran no response but by no response it was as if IFS was responding, "Lady, it's called a foam muscle suit. Idiot."

I always loved the image that program gave me of Mishin walking down the street with his headphones on, an extra jig in his step, as he would sing to himself, "Sex bomb, sex bomb, I am sex bomb, and baby, you can turn me on!"
Rgirl
Girl, you do love you man.

G

GSK8

Bandwidth Theft

All images that are not on YOUR server must be deleted. Please edit your post to point to the link where the image is, but do not put it here as it is bandwidth theft. I've made a few corrections in the first few threads of this topic. Thanks.

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: people unclear on the concept

rgirl, when I saw that letter in IFS, I was nearly in hysterics. Good Lord. LIGHTEN UP. And, yeah, I'm kinda glad they didn't print a response, so that the topic would die down. But quite frankly, if you want to take the kids to an ice show, take them to Disney on Ice. I want to the see the man in the Golden Underwear. ;)

I love your image of Mishin. A friend of mine has a picture of Mishin wearing the red Sex Bomb jacket, and apparently she has also seen Mishin shaking his booty to the music. Personally, when Evgeni's around, who the heck is paying attention to Mishin? :p

Cheers,

Laura :)

D

Dee4707

Re: Bandwidth Theft

Ok, what I don't understand is why some of the pictures are allowed and some aren't? Can someone explain? I want to comply but I don't understand and if the explanation could be in plain English, please.

Are you saying we can post the link to the site of the picture?

I'm Confused!!!!
Dee

G

GSK8

Yes, you can post the link to the picture. Please refer to the post I placed in the Forum caled Bandwidth Theft. Thanks!

M

mathman444

GSK8, can you explain a little more about what exactly is being "stolen." I know that hotlinking (is this the same as deeplinking?) has been much debated recently. As far as I can tell, it's not illegal (any lawyers on board?), while a person's ethical stance generally comes down to whose ox is being gored. (Of course when a person calls it "theft" that person has already made up his or her mind.)

As I understand it, hotlinking is being fought mostly by large corporate sites who don't want users to bypass their homepage and all of the advertisements that you usually have to go through to get to the page you want. People on the other side of the issue say that it is the responsibility of the site owner to protect himself, if he doesn't want people to to this.

Maybe this is off topic for a figure skating board, but to me it is an interesting question and one that I would be pleased to learn more about.

Thanks a lot.

Mathman

T

Toeloopy

I pay a monthly fee to host a website. That fee covers a certain amount of traffic (hits/visits) to my website. Each time someone clicks on a photo, that uses bandwidth.

When you post my photos directly on another site, such as being done on this thread, that means I am paying for my photo to be displayed here. I do not want to pay for my photo to be displayed here! That's why I have a website. Having the whole image shown like that is "sucking bandwidth" meaning that it's draining my website and costing me more. So that is stealing, because you are publishing my image without my concent--AND costing me money in the process.

I have no problem with anyone posting a hyperlink to a photo on my site. People click on that, can see the photo hosted on MY site. It is not "permanently" displayed here. Type in the www.toeloopy.com..... whatever. Do NOT just put the image here. It's wrong!

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please email me at [email protected].

I hope this explains things a little better. I'm happy you are getting some enjoyment out of my photos. I just don't want to lose money in the process!

-Michelle Wojdyla

M

mathman444

Thank you, Toeloopy. That was a very clear explanation.

Mathman

R

rgirl181

Re: Bandwidth Crime and Punishment

Hi Toeloopy,
You can't depend on Mathman as to whether something is clear or not;) because he's a Mathman:p but since I am the separated-at-birth twin of a cow, you CAN depend on me that your explanation is ABSOLUTELY perfectly clear.
I interpreted it as:
I (meaning you) PAY FOR MY WEBSITE, WHICH HAS MY PHOTOS ON IT (and other stuff).
IN CYBERSPACE, MY WEBSITE IS MADE UP OF BANDWIDTHS.
CUT-AND-PASTE ANY OF MY PHOTOS DIRECTLY ONTO YOUR WEBSITE AND YOU TAKE MY BANDWIDTHS, FOR WHICH I PAID GOOD MONEY.
BESIDES, ALL OF MY PHOTOS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY ME.
WE ALL KNOW WHAT COPYRIGHT MEANS, YES?
THESE PHOTOS ARE YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (that means "head stuff" Mathman:p )

If I'm not mistaken, cut/pasting your photos directly onto our website--fun as it is--would be like stealing a book you or anybody wrote and copyrighted from a bookstore or, more to the point, a webbookstore such as Amazon.com. I'm sure Amazon.com has paid big money to ensure that this doesn't happen, though I'm equally sure hackers have found ways of getting free books and free shipping from Amazon.com, which would be both bandwidth stealing and book stealing.

We're sorry we stole any of your stuff. Now that we know, we promise not to steal again from you or anyone. And if we catch anyone on GS "bandwidth stealing" we will chop their cyber head off.

Your photos are great, BTW. No wonder we stole them so much.

Hey, catch a load of Sasha's new jump, the Goose Loop:
www.toeloopy.com/images/e...2w0314.jpg

Only Toeloopy with her photographic talent could have caught this jump that Sasha rarely does on film. Or digits. Or pixels. You know what I mean. Anyway, great stuff, Toeloopy.
Rgirl

T

Toeloopy

thank you!

Rgirl, close enough! :)

I didn't understand all this before I started doing my own website, so I don't blame people for not understanding. I know it's not malicious. I appreciate your willingness to be "bandwidth vigilante". :D

-Michelle

R

rgirl181

Re: To All

I've been checking out Toeloopy's site (Michelle W) toeloopy.com and I would encourage folks to (a) check out the site in general (b) check out Michelle's "Favorites" (gorgeous photos of Dorothy Hamill and Sasha Cohen, to name just two, plus some other sports), and (c) "Photo Shoots" especially for fans of Hunka-Hunka John Zimmerman and Baby-Baby Kyoko Ina.

Really, more great photos than your average skating photo site, plue a lot of great articles by Michelle:
www.toeloopy.com
Rgirl

R

RealtorGal

Re: To All

On that site, I noticed that Emily Hughes has that bent leg thing going on just like her sister! What gives? Also, who is HER coach?

J

John King

Indecorous Positions

Did you catch Anjelika Krylova on page 48 of the new Blades On Ice?You can see her nipples through her costume!I love the gal to pieces,but this was a little un-nerving.