AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes | Golden Skate

AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes

4dogknight

Final Flight
Just in case you were wondering what the top 100 film quotes were - well worry no more, the list was published today.

See if your favorite is on the list; a couple of mine were near the top.

4dk

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"May the Force be with you" made top ten so that made my night last night

I so don't think Casablanca should have had 6... but that's just me lol

dad and I wanted to know what the whole list was as we got started on the show at #47... why didn't "I've got a bad feeling about this." make the list???? LOL

looking at this list I can remember some really classic scenes... I still think Forrest Gump should have been higher.... and if Casablanca got 6, Star Wars and Forrest Gump should have gotten tons more lol

and I think Jurassic Park had a great line that should have been noticed:
Ian Malcom: "God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs."
Ellie Satler: "Dinosaurs eat Man. Woman inherits the earth."

hee hee

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
I still can't understand how the line, "I'm shocked ... shocked to find that gambling ..." from Casablanca didn't make the list.

Hmm...I just replied on here and it didn't get accepted. First my thread dedicated to you, 4DK, got nuked and now my second one got nuked too, and without a single reference to "Boogie Nights."

Well, needless to say the only one of AFI's top 10 that I agreed with was "You talkin' to me?" from "Taxi Driver." I would have had that #2 and as #1, from "2001: A Space Odyssey": "Open the pod bay doors Hal."

Boy, what's wrong with people? Can't we shake up the system even a little? I TRIED to make sure I put asterisks in all the F words I used, but either I missed one or asterisks and an f are on the nuke list.

Well, what better way for me to leave GS, lol!

Ta Ra,
Rgirl

4dogknight

Final Flight
Okay Rgirl, you've got my curiousity gene on alert, I'm all ears or should I say eyes. What was the subject of the 'lost' post " thread dedicated to you, 4DK"?

You do know that I will not be able to sleep until I know what it was.. Was it good or was I bad? Or was was it in the style of "I'm good when I'm bad"? Inquiring minds want to know.

4dk

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I only got to watch the first hour before switching to the spurs game... anyone know if it will re air?

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Longhornliz said:
I only got to watch the first hour before switching to the spurs game... anyone know if it will re air?

You do mean the Pistons game, right?! :biggrin: Can't wait until Thursday - those are two very good teams, but I, of course, hope the parade will be a bit farther north than what was originally planned :laugh: .

Anyway, back on topic - out of the top ten, I never heard of #'s 7 and 9. Star Wars is such a large part of pop culture - and has been for what, 30 years? I'm a bit suprised "may the Force be with you" wasn't on the list. It does look like they tried to span the years, though.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
sk8er1964 said:
You do mean the Pistons game, right?! :biggrin: Can't wait until Thursday - those are two very good teams, but I, of course, hope the parade will be a bit farther north than what was originally planned :laugh: .

Anyway, back on topic - out of the top ten, I never heard of #'s 7 and 9. Star Wars is such a large part of pop culture - and has been for what, 30 years? I'm a bit suprised "may the Force be with you" wasn't on the list. It does look like they tried to span the years, though.

May the Force be with you WAS on the list... it was top 10

LUKE, I AM YOUR FATHER should so totally have been on the list too now that I think of it... *sigh*

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
May the Force be with you WAS on the list... it was top 10

Aww, geez. :banging: Between staying up past midnight for the darn NBA playoffs and my annual audit at work, I think I'm losing it! :cry: :laugh:

Thanks Tonichelle - at least it's in the top 10! :clap:

K-Mo

On the Ice
My husband guessed the #1 line! I thought it would have been "Here's looking at you , Kid," but it was in the top ten. I love watching those specials. For most of it, I would see the movie title and try to guess what the line was before they said it. I was surprised that I guessed as many as I did. It was fun.