Who will win Dancing With the Stars

• John O'Hurley and Charlotte Jorgenson

Votes: 22 91.7%
  • Kelly Monaco and Alec Mazo

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

CDMM1991

Medalist
As I have become an embarassingly avid fan I thought I would see what you guys thought. I'm a die hard John O'Hurley fan and have been since the start. It's no contest for me.

Dyan

On the Ice
CDMM, don't be embarrased. I've become a big fan of this show as well. IMO it's one of the better reality shows and I'm impressed with how well the stars have done with their ballroom dancing; this show could have ended up a farce and a joke but the celebrities seem to have really taken it seriously, this is more a competition rather than the usual "reality show." Of course it helps that I'm a huge fan of ballroom dancing/dance sport anyway. :rock:

ITA about John & Charlotte. I missed the very first week but I've seen every other show and they have consistently been the top couple. I was surprised that Rachel Hunter and her partner were ousted last week. I thought they along with John and Charlotte would be the final two couples.

I would like to see an exhibition of Rachel's partner, Johnathan together with John's partner, Charlotte.

Joe

CDMM1991

Medalist
Joesitz, if you watch at the start of the show when they say what you should be looking for in each of the dances. The latin dances are demonstrated by Trista's old partner Luis and Evander's old partner Edyta. The dances that aren't latin are demonstrated by Charlotte and Jonathan. Not a full exhibition but a chance to get a quick glance at the best of the best.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Charlotte is fantastic. She makes John's job of highlighting her much easier, and she obviously is a great teacher. John and Charlotte have undoubtedly the best chemistry and team dynamic of all of the six teams. I think it's because of two things. Charlotte is older than most of the other dancers and there is a certain maturity about her, a certain reason. Also, John realizes that Charlotte is great at what she does and knows a hell of a lot more about it than he does, unlike Joey trying to contribute and getting Ashly frustrated.

P.S. On a British website I figured out that you can email Charlotte at [email protected]. It might be an outdated address. The website didn't look recently updated.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for John & Charlotte. ITA that Charlotte is a great instructor.

Dee

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
It looks like everybody so far has voted for John & Charlotte.

I don't like Kelly's dancing, but it looks like the people watching do.

Dyan

On the Ice
I did enjoy Kelly and Alec but I still would have given the nod to John and Charlotte. I think where Kelly and Alec cleaned up was with the viewer votes. I was also a little surprised that the judges placed John and Charlotte second behind Kelly and Alec.

Hi, Patricia, welcome to Golden Skate. I hope you like it here. Post often, post long, LOL.

Cool website. I read your essay on Accentuate the Positive. :agree: About the Johnnie Mercer song, I think Miki Ando is using that music in her short program this year. :rock:

Mathman :)

PatriciaMcLinn

Rinkside
Mathman said:
Hi, Patricia, welcome to Golden Skate. I hope you like it here. Post often, post long, LOL.

Cool website. I read your essay on Accentuate the Positive. :agree: About the Johnnie Mercer song, I think Miki Ando is using that music in her short program this year. :rock:

Thanks for the welcome, Mathman. And boy you are fast, to have checked the website and read the article already. :laugh:

Accentuate the Positive could work great as program music, with the right arrangement. Hope it's not too "cutesy."

If you like cutesy, in Miki's exhibition number last she was dressed as a cheerleader and skated to, "Miki, Miki, You're So Fine -- Hey Miki!" :laugh:

But for her, that's good. In her competitive performances I think she would get higher marks if she could connect with the audience (and the judges) better.

Anyway, practice reports from her rink say she's ready to go!

PatriciaMcLinn

Rinkside
Cute or Cutesy

I'm not wild about "cutesy." Cute can work and "Hey Miki" sounds like it could be cute.

You know, it's like so much else ... it's all in the execution. :yes:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I was so glad. I even called in and voted for John and Charlotte. Loved how Kelly was sulking--not a good loser, there. But I'm sorry, being a teeny thing so Alec can whip her around his head in lifts does not a great dancer make. Her footwork was never that super, and John had the much harder job--jokes about 'backwards and in high heels' aside, being the male partner is HARD. And he and Charlotte just made that waltz look so easy. And they had FUN when they danced together!