Practice today | Golden Skate

Practice today

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Today as I showed up to the ice rink for practice, there was about 25 kids waiting to get in. Lucky for me they weren't getting on the ice until 1:30 (it was noon when I arrived). As I entered the ice rink I noticed a pair team practicing and then I noticed it was John Baldwin & Rena Inoue. It's fun to watch elite skaters practice and it's even more fun to skate with them, as long as you don't get run over by them! :laugh: Anyway they inspired me to skate faster and jump higher. :yes:

icy fresh

On the Ice
That's so cool! That must've been way exciting. I know what ya mean, too! I always get energy from seeing the elite skaters practice. It just gives me a positive vibe, I guess. So do they skate at your rink often? Have you met them? That's so awesome that you saw them!

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
So do they skate at your rink often?
No they don't. They are there to compete in the "Hidden Valley Championships" July 7th-10th (so I was told). They were practicing on the ice again today.

Have you met them?
No, but I did say hi to John when I left. He was sitting outside by himself last Friday so I thought I would say hi! They seem like very nice people and very respectful towards each other.