Can Dick Button sing? | Golden Skate

Can Dick Button sing?

I just learned that Dick Button once performed on Broadway, at the New York City Center Theater, in the Rogers and Hammerstein musical South Pacific. I don't know in what role, but I can picture a good Luther Billis.:laugh:

Does anyone know anything about this? Was it a singing roll? We all got to hear Dick's rendition of the Harvard Fight Song a while back, LOL.

He was also in a production of Mr. Roberts, with the same company.

http://www.brooksinternational.com/Dick_Button_493.htm

Mathman:)

76olympics

On the Ice
Mathman, why are you entering this frightening territory? Are you trying to track down his elusive yet scarcely sought single , "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"? Are you planning to unveil it upon unsuspecting guests at parties?

I advise you to stop and consider carefully whether or not you wish to pursue this further...

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
76olympics said:
Mathman, why are you entering this frightening territory? Are you trying to track down his elusive and best-selling single, "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"? Are you planning to unveil it upon unsuspecting guests at parties?

That is, indeed, scary. :eek: :laugh:

MM - It's always good to have a certain CD running toward the end of a dinner party to get the invitees out. :laugh:

Joe

76olympics said:
Mathman, why are you entering this frightening territory? Are you trying to track down his elusive yet scarcely sought single , "Thank Heaven for Little Girls"? Are you planning to unveil it upon unsuspecting guests at parties?

I advise you to stop and consider carefully whether or not you wish to pursue this further...
:rofl::rofl:

Eeyora

Final Flight
76olympics said:

I still have nightmares of that.

S

SkateFan4Life

IMHO, Dick Button can do anything he wants to do. I could see him belting out
"There's nothing like a Dame" from "South Pacific". It would be a hoot, but, what the heck, why not have a little fun? :rofl:

Button did skate professionally after winning his two Olympic gold medals, so he may well have had show business in his blood in his younger years.

At this stage of his life, I'd just like to see him commentate at the Olympics and every major figure skating championship. I could also see him narrating public television specials - biographies, etc. as Alastair Cook used to do.

IDLERACER

Medalist
I don't know about Dick Button, but Tara Lipinski and Angela Nikodinov have been known to clear many a karaoke bar with their insufferable caterwauling. Click HERE.:banging:

S

SkateFan4Life

IDLERACER said:
I don't know about Dick Button, but Tara Lipinski and Angela Nikodinov have been known to clear many a karaoke bar with their insufferable caterwauling. Click HERE.:banging:

No thanks, I'll pass on that one!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
IDLERACER said:

They're singing "Feelings" :biggrin:

Eeyora

Final Flight
Well maybe if Tara's acting career doesn't work out she take up singing.

Didn't Tonya H have a short lived singing career as well. It wasn't well received.

Nancy sang on some CD as well.

Last edited:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Oh, yeah, Nancy does sing. I remember her skating to her own singing. She did a good job! :)

I would love to hear Dick sing, because it almost seems out of character for him. Especially, now, as the guy we all know and don't understand..lol (((Mr.Buttons))) :p