Any Lu Chen and Denis Petrov wedding links, photos? | Golden Skate

Any Lu Chen and Denis Petrov wedding links, photos?

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Earlier today I used the link from the front goldenskate.com page to read up the wedding summary of Lulu and Denis (thanks Paula). I am very happy for them! She looked absolutely stunning in the photos! But I really had no luck trying to find more info on the net. I would love to see some more photos, and to find out if any other skaters attended the wedding. Anybody (especially Chinese speaking!) have any links to share?

Thanks so much!

Yana

heyang

Record Breaker
I was wondering if she changed dresses. Traditionally, the Chinese bride will change into at least 2 other Chinese style dresses during the reception - 1 red and 1 gold being the most traditional. The concept is to display the wealth of the bride's family.

The white wedding dress is a western tradition. In traditional Chinese custom, white is a color associated with death and is considered bad luck. Some of my mother's in-laws are superstitious and I've learned about this stuff from them. I'm not even allowed to put a white bow on any gift I give to that side of the family.

hongligl

Final Flight
I think she looks gorgeous in white. Thanks for the link. She is so beautiful, graceful and in excellent shape. Good luck Lulu!!

Kara Bear

Final Flight
What a lovely couple. Many best wishes for a happy future together Lulu and Denis!

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thanks, Hongligl, those are lovely. I'd appreciate though if you could tell us what the even was and what that plate she's holding is. Thank you!

Thanks for the link, Hongli. I can't believe how beautiful Lu Chen looks.

So who has the bigger dimples, Lulu or Denis?

MM :)

hongligl

Final Flight
Ptichka said:
Thanks, Hongligl, those are lovely. I'd appreciate though if you could tell us what the even was and what that plate she's holding is. Thank you!

Lulu and Danis went back to lulu's hometown Changchun, one of the big cities in Northeast of China. They were in the receptions held by the city to welcome them home. The plate she's holding is a gift for them, with lulu's photo from one of her program. I believe it is from The last Emperor.

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Thanks, Hongligl

Thank you! I really appreciate the link.

I am still curious as who was attending the wedding - any skaters?

Yana

S

SkateFan4Life

All the best to Lu Chen and Denis Petrov. They make a beautiful couple, and I wish them many years of happiness. :love:

76olympics

On the Ice
Is their common language english? If they are going to live and work in China, guess Denis has picked up some chinese along the way. I know they dated for a few years before marriage. I am happy for them! Lulu really does look radiant in those new pictures.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Figure Skating International has some beautiful pics of the bride & groom (I browsed through it in my local B&N).