OMG, check out Irina's spiral! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

OMG, check out Irina's spiral!

E

Excidra2001

Re: Scoring

Linny,

No skaters are not awarded points for individual movements, I was just using the "she is awarded big points" to explain my point.
A lot of people wonder why Irina still manages to score high on the tech side, even though she sometimes completes less jumps then her competitiors.
The tech does not revolve around the jumps, part of it does. But ice-coverage, difficulty of spirals, difficulty of spins, difficulty of footwork and other things all make up the technical side.

L

Linny

Tech side

Methinks that the SIZE of the jumps is equally as important as the number and variety of jumps. Of course, like everyone else, I'm guessing... since the judges don't have to justify their marks one whit.

At any rate, I've noticed that Vica hasn't been extremely consistent through the years, but still seems to rate high marks. And Irina's jumps are also among the largest in terms of height and ice coverage... aren't they?

I'm not certain that Irina's spirals are specifically earmarked by the judges as justification for high marks. Her speed and edging, certainly, but not necessarily the spirals.

But, of course, how would we know?

Linny

B

bunghodog

Re: Scoring

I think that Irina's spiral is nice, honestly, Sasha's spiral is not attractive or pleasant to watch, it looks funny.

R

rgirl181

Re: Sasha's "funny" spiral

Bunghodog,
Are you the person who wrote on MKF that you thought Sasha's leg on her spiral was too high? That it looked "unnatural"? If not, I'm curious: What looks funny about Sasha's spiral to you? Why is it unpleasant and unattractive to watch? To each his own, of course; I'm just curious about what it is about Cohen's spiral you don't like. Whose spiral do you like and why? No diss; just curious.
Rgirl

B

bunghodog

Re: Sasha's "funny" spiral

I might of posted that, I dont remember what I said but have read that many times over there, just doesen't flow, but that is just me, I just think it is preference, there are many people who think she has the best spiral ever, and I respect there opinion, my favorite spiral she does is in her long program, before she goes into her triple loop, My favorite spiral is Michelle's, I like ap and jenny kirks also and like I said I like Irina's spiral, alot of people diss her spiral, but it actually is a good one except for her leg position.