A possible Lang and Tchernichev comeback? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

A possible Lang and Tchernichev comeback?

miffy

Rinkside
They're not skating at Lake Placid. Maybe they've changed their mind about Skate America or something? That USFSA statement was pretty vague.

pennyfromheaven, how soon is soon?! ;)

terisalyn

Rinkside
So I guess the "big announcement" that never came is that they're skating in Michael Weiss' benefit show? ;)

S

SkateFan4Life

Arianne said:
L/T are thinking about coming back according to the news at the blades on ice website. This would be so cool because I think they would do great under the new system and would definately lock in a spot at the Olympics! What do you think? Is there anymore news on this subject?

Arianne

I would be surprised to bee them make a comeback. When you've been away from the ice for a full season, it will be difficult to regain the skating skills and competitive edge. Frankly, IMHO, Belbin and Agosto are the "golden dance couple", as far as the USFSA is concerned - citizenship problems or no citizenship problems - and L & T just won't be welcomed back with open arms. That's my take on the situation, anyway.

Dyan

On the Ice
I agree SkateFan4Life. And with L&T it's been more than one season. At this point in time it will have been over 5 years since they've competed in the GP series, they haven't been to worlds since 2003 and their last nationals appearance was of course the CD performance in 2004.

I'm thinking that they possibly will skate as "pros." It would be nice if they got invited to a couple of the Disson shows but if they have no agent would it be harder to get booked on that type of show or even COI/SOI?

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
I have heard that they will be skating professionally in some upcoming shows including the Michael Weiss one. I don't know details about the others.

pennyfromheaven said:
I have heard that they will be skating professionally in some upcoming shows including the Michael Weiss one. I don't know details about the others.
Nice that they will still be around and visible, but I didn't know Michael had a show. Can you tell me more about this show?

Joe

Thanks for the link. I guess it's a one time thing and not a travelling show which I thought it might be. Should be a nice show.

Joe