What is your favourite Compulsory dance?(to see or to preform) | Golden Skate

What is your favourite Compulsory dance?(to see or to preform)

lillyfore

Rinkside
For me , I like to do the ravensburger because it is so fast and so lively :agree: . I like also the tango romantica because their are many interesting changes of position and deep edges. I dont like to do the polka and all these little kangorou steps :scowl: : Finally, i find the rumba boring, even when it is skated by top couples. What do you think? ;)

Perry

Rinkside
Definitely the Ravensburger to do -- I love the twizzles. I love the Westminster (can you tell I'm a waltz person?) and the Yankee Polka, though only because the music is Oh, Susannah...and I play it on repeat. I love the Tango Romantica, but it's incredibly difficult. I hate the Rhumba (boring, and the choctaw gives me so much trouble), though not as much as I hate the Silver Samba (which took me 3 minutes to learn, compared to 3 weeks for the Polka).

Last edited:

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
To watch: the Yankee Polka or Cha-cha Congelado

To skate: the Swing Dance or the Fiesta Tango, closely followed by the Willow and British waltzes.

Husband's current favourite is the 14-step.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
For some reason I absolutely love watching the Golden Waltz. I myself am only on my bronze dances, but so far my favorite dance is the Fiesta Tango.

cborsky

Rinkside
I love skating any waltz. The Ravensburger, Viennese, and Starlight are the most fun for me.

I also love watching the intensity of a good Tango skated by the top dancers.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
I'm a newbie to ice dance, and have competed solo Canasta and Cha Cha via ISI. I will be competing Canasta and Dutch Waltz this fall through USFS. The Canasta was always my favorite, but I'm starting to really enjoy the waltz with its flow and delicate edging.

Never thought I'd do ice dance, especially at my age (47) but I'm LOVING it!!!

I most enjoy watching the Latin dances, especially tangoes.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
First post on the board--must be in a dance thread! :-D

To skate--I only know the first three so far, but it's the Canasta Tango. My coach says it's the best of the three for my style, anyway, though the Rythym Blues is coming along. (The Dutch Waltz is kind of eh for me. I can do it, but it's not quite my thing. However, I'm to do it and "Do it like it's the Viennese Waltz." My coach is kinda a nitpicker, but I love him anyway.)

To watch...ooh. Well, I'll watch any ice dance...I suppose any tango or the swing. If it's one of the top couples, I don't care what they're doing. It may make me weird, but my clearest memory of watching the '94 Olympics is the ice dance, because then they showed some of the compulsories (probably because of Torvill and Dean) and I remember being fascinated, even if I wasn't quite clear on what they were doing.

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
to skate I only got up to the junior bronze, but i liked the swing the best, to watch, i love the Golden Waltz