Elvis Stojko article in MacLean's magazine | Golden Skate

Elvis Stojko article in MacLean's magazine

Antilles

Medalist
I just got my new issue of MacLean's (like a Canadian version of Newsweek) and it has a two page article on Elvis Stojko. The article focuses on his martial arts career, and his training for the World Karate Championships this fall. (He is qualified for two events). The article also mentions his desire to start a muscial career.

The article has an accompanying photo that is rather scary looking. (He's doing some sort of martial arts move, and his face is all contorted.) I very much like the opener to the story:

"A beefy 190 lb. goon, waring a goalie mask and wielding a wooden club, moves in to dismantle Elvis Stojko. Flashbacks of the Nancy Kerrigan/Tonya Harding scnadal of '94 spring to mind..."

ikfan

Rinkside
MacLean's

Who is on the cover of that MacLean's and the date. You have me intrigued, LOL. I need to track down a copy. Either of you want to sell me your magazine??Annette :)

Antilles

Medalist
The date of the issue is August 1st. The cover story is "The joy of slow". You can see a pair of legs and a hammock, but not the rest of the person's body. If you want to PM me your address, I will mail you the article.