The Triple Axel and the Ladies | Page 5 | Golden Skate

The Triple Axel and the Ladies

cianni

On the Ice
Kimmie

I think Kimmie will do well as I watch her I realized she is quite laid back and calm. I noticed she is all bussiness and yes she does have a nice line. I hope she continues to improve and gets those jumps down consistent. She is young and it may not be this season that she lands them in comp but she is doing well in practice. I will ask her myself if she is planning to put all those jumps in her program so its comes from her that she is planning that. Im just watching what she is practicing each day. I want to say Im not so sure Kimmie is going to get the puberty bite as I see she is tall in limbs and boby but at the same time she is petite in bone structure. I see her shoulders are small as well as her hips. The other girls are more womenly built and it is noticable that they will develop a womens body esp.the hips Kimmie is built tall and straight no curves. I think this is just the way shes built. She reminds me of Kostner but not gawky. I could be wrong and she could fill but I doubt it. She has nothing to lose so I think she will go for it however time will tell and it might depend on how much pressure she feels. I will keep you posted.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
OT but have you ever noticed what great shoulders many female skaters have. I'm so jealous.

bdreampixie

On the Ice
Grgranny said:
OT but have you ever noticed what great shoulders many female skaters have. I'm so jealous.

LOL. So true, every time I see Rochette I shed some tears.

Thanks, cianni for all the great reports!

Lucy25

Final Flight
Cianni - Is Kimmie doing these jumps within her runthroughs, or just practicing them individually? Thanks!

cianni

On the Ice

I was told by another skater as a matter of fact by several when I asked them if she was going to do these jumps and all said yes. I see her do the jumps at the same place on the ice at practice of her programs. I will ask her this wk if she is planning on doing all those jumps so I will hear it from her. I dont see any point in her doing these in the same place if she isnt going to use them but I will let her tell me. I see her do 3/3/2 often also. I know she is using Ann Miller Todda for spins . I spoke to her and she said Kimmie is improving and she hasnt concentrated onspins, if Kimmie has a weakness in her skating its spins very slow and at this point not very creative. Lots of footwork and in between moves. Shes going to be a force to beat if in fact she continues and I think she will. There are other skaters there that hold promise Im watching Christine Zerkowski as well as others. I have seen them but am just learning names will let all know when I can remember them. I will watch Tim if he is here this wk. he said he was here for a few wks. Will return this wk.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Thanks for your response! Like others have mentioned, I am not sure this year will be her "big" year, but next season should certainly be exciting with Kimmie and all the other very promising young skaters.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks for the reports. :rock: In a time when the big-name skaters tend to wait until the start of the season to announce their plans, this is great news.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
cianni said:
I was told by another skater as a matter of fact by several when I asked them if she was going to do these jumps and all said yes. I see her do the jumps at the same place on the ice at practice of her programs. I will ask her this wk if she is planning on doing all those jumps so I will hear it from her. I dont see any point in her doing these in the same place if she isnt going to use them but I will let her tell me.
Just a friendly word -- skaters, especially the younger ones, can be very friendly and chatty to fans watching them practice but don't realize that what they say in normal or one-on-one conversation at the rink may end up being posted on the Internet. Now, I'm not telling you not to post about what you see in practice, but just to be careful about how much to share (and quote) in a public forum such as this one.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
cianni said:
Sorry I didnt think it wasnt OK. I will just watch.
cianni, I'm not trying to discourage you from talking to the skaters or reporting on their practices. I'm just sharing what I've observed from talking to young skaters, parents and coaches over the years -- that many of them are not aware that what they say privately could end up being quoted or paraphrased on the 'net as "on the record" remarks.

cianni

On the Ice
Thanks

I did talk to Kimmie today. She is a really sweet kid and she did tell about her way of competing meaning how she approaces the comps. I will continue to watch her and let it go at that. I will say she is doing well she is young and if she keeps improving she will be a force to to be reckoned with. I do think she is the upcoming star.

Cianni, everything you report is on the positive side, and everyone here is supportive of all of these youngsters. (It's only when they get to be rich and famous that we start picking on them, LOL.) Anyway, I please keep on with the practice reports, and we will take into account Sylvia's warning that allowances must be made for youthful enthusiasm and inexperience.

Mathman :)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
cianni said:
I did talk to Kimmie today. She is a really sweet kid and she did tell about her way of competing meaning how she approaces the comps. I will continue to watch her and let it go at that. I will say she is doing well she is young and if she keeps improving she will be a force to to be reckoned with. I do think she is the upcoming star.

Hi Cianni. I LOVE these practice reports!! Please keep them coming. In my view anyway, it is not your responsibility to keep your views or anyone's comments private, unless they ask you to. I respectfully disagree with Sylvia who seems to be asking you to censor yourself. What you see and hear publicly in a rink is.....seen and heard publicly. I hope you don't feel any personal responsibility to censor what Kimmie or any other skater (or team) is NOT censoring. :)

Mean time, I welcome any news you care to share!!

DG

cianni

On the Ice
Thanks

Thanks for responding MM and Doggygirl. I will report as I know Im dying to read reports of other skaters as well. I can say Kimmie as I have said before is a calm laid back young lady. I find her to be able to be quite casual in her manner. We talked for about 10min. and I asked her if she had done a 3axel 3toe and she said yes, she can land it if the axel goes well. I wanted her to know I thought that was great and wanted to be supportive of her. She will go for the 2 3/3s if the practices go well the wk of the comp.Thats why she went for it at Nationals she had been hitting it that wk. She will play it by ear as she says.She is practicing these jumps and doing well. Today I saw her hit 5 clean 3 axels and 6or7 misses. WE talked of other things and she is very complementry of other skaters. I see other skaters there that are quite good but we dont get to see them as we only see the top6 and we talked about that. She is quite delightful to talk to and knows if she doesnt get to the olys this time she has 4 more yrs. Tim was there but not skating at this session. Tiffany Scott is practicing with a new partner and she is very nice also. Havent seen Sarah Hughes yet so maybe she is in the back arena at night . I will learn the other skaters names eventually and I do see them on occ. Wier is at the Pond and I think he has the Ice to himself but havent found out yet when he skates. I would like to see him practice and I will sooner or later. Will keep posting.