USFSA Article On Angela N.- concerning her injury | Golden Skate

USFSA Article On Angela N.- concerning her injury

R

RealtorGal

Re: USFSA Article On Angela N.- concerning her injury

<span style="color:red;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">Awesome article... thanks for the link! And I had just put her at the top of my wish list! What a coincidence...</span>:D

G

GBMalwayz

thanks RD, I didn't know of her new ballerina connection.

R

Retep1

Thanks for the update! That is a great article. I really like her attitude about everything. She does not want sympathy for her problems and what she said about the drama and excuses is soo true. It seems everyone has something.

S

sk8guy2k2

thanks...great article

S

Show 42

The comment that she made was interesting......that she felt she had to skate the perfect program, and if she made a mistake, why bother.........that pretty much sums up her skating........let's hope she can take herself off her "worst enemy" list and have further success........42

E

eliza88

Thanks for the link! Starting the New Year off with a positive Angela article...just imagine on the ice a poised, confident, consistant Angela, that would be a beautiful thing!

eliza88

S

sk8m8

This post is for this thread and the "wish list" one, as well.
Here's to hoping that Angela finally realizes that she is one hell of an athelete. I think she has been "hypnotized" by the dronings of"Angela's so Artistice, ect..." that she's forgotton that one of the reasons she is "Angela" is that she can Jump like a dream. The woman is prepossesed ( or at least she makes it look that way) of exrtodinary jumping abilities. In her younger years she was sort of know as one of those kids that was so naturally gifted that she didn't listen to coaches, she just jumped and that's what got her attention. Now with the advent of Elayna passing away and going to Frank, I think Angela would do well to realize that she "has" the stuff in the jumping department.
The article says about wanting to have the "perfect performance," if Ms N. would just relax a little and let her training take over, I believe she'd see far better results. With her continuation of balletic study, (IMHO) she can get back to that point with Madame T when she trusted her body to get the job done.
With other coaches, she didn't trust her artistry, now it seems that she's worried about the jumps. I'd like to see her be known as the "Janet Lynn" of her generation. Kwan will be spoken of in 20 years as " The Great Champion," I'd like it if she were known as the "lovliest comptetive skater of her era...."

M

mmandel

Thanks for the article. I wish Angela well in the Nationals. She needs to believes in herself, because I know she can do it!

Y

yelyoh

RedDog,
Thanks for the link. The part I found most interesting was the point about Frank making her do complete run throughs.
The rap on her has been that she implodes emotionally if she screws up and that certainly seems to have been the case. If she can learn to fight through a less than perfect beginning to a program in practice then she might have a chance to conquer her demons during competitions. If she could just realize (and I think she is) that one can screw up a bit and still medal. Oh I wish her the best of luck as she is a lovely skater and, as was pointed out, a strong jumper. If she only realized how many fans would love to see her on the top step of the podium.

M

maxell1313

I want Angela to do so WELL this year!! (pouting) Why can't they send 4 or 5 or 10 people to worlds??? ;)

D

DORISPULASKI

Best wishes for Angela

The fact that Angela is doing weight training may bode well for the height of her jumps as well. But best of all would be if she can conquer her tendency to quit after the first mistake. A lovely article from a lovely skater, a real favorite of mine. dpp

G

GBMalwayz

Re: Best wishes for Angela

Maybe Angela surfs the boards for mentions of her. Perhaps she will see how many people love her skating, and want her to continue, and perhaps, just pehaps, she will draw some strength from that. The sad thiing is, even is she skated the skate of her life, I don't think she'd win nationals. I think they will place Sarah, Sasha and Michelle on the podium as the strongest competitors to send to worlds.

But I am still hoping she and Jenny skate great like last year. Who knows, with the new judging who will be on the podium this year. AP is stunning and consistent. But is it her time yet?