Brian Boitano Show | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Brian Boitano Show

L

LADSKATER

Re: Brian Boitano Show

Personally, I did not see it, my mom did and she thought it was not that great.

Ladskater

F

frozetoez

Fetal,

Do you know for certain that I'm not Jason or Nancy? Johnny Carson's <strong>dead</strong>?(!) Does he know this?

frozetoez - Spewer of Vitriol. :rollin:

F

FetalAttraction

Aww, even I wouldn't think you were either of those ugly beasts.

To all the skating celebrities who do look at my posts and get offended, please pm me pictures of you crying, or shaking your fist at your computer. I promise you I will never make fun of you again. And I swear I won't take those pictures, post them on every more forums, and laugh and laugh until the cows (all three remaining members of En Vogue, Dick Button, Barbara Walters, that fat chick on that ABC sitcom, in other words) come home.

L

Linny

BB and questions

Not following the ins and outs of En Vogue, I was still confused. The first song they sang was a huge hit with neat video, but did any of the woman in the BB special actually sing the original song or appear in the video? They certainly don't look or sound the same.

Johnny Carson is dead? Someone else asked that, I know. Here's one you might not remember: a few decades ago when Johnny was very popular, The Tonight Show successfully sued a portable potty company who had chosen the name "Here's Johnny". So, the phrase is copyrighted.

Everytime I use on of those things, I can't help thinking "Here's Johnny".

Back on topic: I haven't seen all of the BB special yet. Just before the commercial break, they announced that Nancy Kerrigan was next. Seemed like a good time to hit the sack.

But the parts I saw I enjoyed. I yelled at the TV when I saw Jumpin Joe early on in a group number "HEY, where have YOU been!". I'm hoping that he does a solo later on. Perhaps to new Bruce music from The Rising? Maybe that's why Joe has been hiding out - Bruce hadn't been recording anything. Nevermind, now that Bruce has hit the studio again (and the results are again wonderful)...

Did they ever announce the names of the skaters that, I'm guessing, are show skaters? Ones without recognizable titles or medals from eligible competition? Because, what the heck, they should get some kind of credit, shouldn't they?

I enjoyed Renee Roca's number although I agree with Fetal that there wasn't much skating. Here's the thing: in that halter dress, Renee's shoulder blades stick out like broken wings. Someone feed that lady something. OK?

And, behind Renee, were lovely ladies dancing in the style of Laugh-In (guys, you'all know that Goldie Hawn got her start as a Laugh-In dancer, don't you?). One of them wore sunglasses and dark pants. Who was that?

Linny

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: BB and questions

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-family:georgia;font-size:x-small;">Heyang, we did see the same show. I wanted to see Bowman skate, and he sort of did, I don't think he landed a triple and the doubles were sloppy. Now we know why....*sigh*

Still haven't seen the Boitano show. Sorry to wander off topic...

Laura :) </span>

C

Cherub72182

Linny, the background dancers were Yuka, Kristi, and Nancy. IMO Yuka and Kristi did well, but I was laughing at Nancy trying to flip her hair around and act sexy.

S

shdotz

I was mostly disappointed.

I liked Brian's second skate and Joe S's. one skate.

I didn't much care for the music.

sh

F

frozetoez

But Fetal...

I'm ugly, fat and I believe in Jesus (nobody's perfect); therefore, you did manage to "spew vitriol" at me in an roundabout way. I think that makes us even. :p

F

FetalAttraction

I said this already, if you find people bringing up view points, issues and facts unrelated to you personally offensive, you need to unscrew your head. I'm done with you, feel free to try to goad another response out of me, though.:evil:

L

ladybug

I have to agree with everyone, Apollo didn't really seem to fit in the show and I bet he did a number on the ice. That said, I think it was kind of Brian to give him another 15 minutes of fame. Once the Olympic hype was over, he sort of faded out.
The singers left a lot to be desired for me and I would be happy not to see them or any other vocal groups on any ice skating show. I never heard them sing before and not being a teeny bopper I don't think I will miss them if I never see or hear them again. Guess that is why I enjoyed the rest of the music so much. Music that my children listened to when they were growing up.
Other than that, I thought the show was wonderful. The concept was good and different and was presented very well.
Where was Gorsha Sur?? Renee went solo at the last Brian Boitano special also. Renee and Gorsha have always skated in Brian's Specials up until last year.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:navy;font-family:times new roman;font-size:small;">I missed the show... but I got a great feel for it from Fetal's review. Thanks--and to the rest of you who offered your opinions ON THE SHOW!</span>

G

GBMalwayz

Still sad I missed the show, and tape ran out,:(

Anyone know when it will re air?