Update on family | Golden Skate

Update on family

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Talk about sorrowful Sue letters, I guess this one is a good one. ha My oldest daughter had her back surgery and think it went fairly well. Her heart stopped a couple of days after the surgery and they had to restart it but haven't heard any more problems with that. Recuperation seems to go really slow. She doesn't think she will be able to go back to work when school starts.

My son is not better. Can't do anything. They are going to give him a pacemaker
Aug. 8. Doubt he is able to ever go back to work. If that doesn't work, I don't think there's any more they can do for him.

Janet is no better. Her apartment flooded and the landlords only sopped up some that night, late, and never would go back and clean it up so had to get a bunch of people to help and work among the mold. She has contacted the city to look into it but she sure got worse. They helped her move into another apt. for a few days but she found a handicapped one elsewhere. Now her Dr. is moving his office clear up to Flowermound and also opening one in Phoenix. It is really hard to find people to take her places like that. It costs over $50 one way to get a cab.

My grandson was delivering a dump truck full of boulders and it tipped over when he went to dump them. Had stitches in his head, was really sore and has a cracked vertebrae. His 5 yr old daughter was with him but she had her seat belt on and just had scratches & bruises. A few days later their van was stolen and they eventually got it back, a different color. They had spray painted a whole bunch of different colors on it. They broke the steering something and now it won't start unless they hotwire it. My grandson can fix that.

The city has forced me to hook up to city sewer. I think it will be done in a few days. They just cut the wiring to my satellite and the cable outfit won't do anything until Monday.

Oh, woe is me. :rofl:
:mad: :sheesh: :cry: :scowl: :banging: :p :frown: You name it I got it. ha

Wow, what a heap of problems!!!
I guess things can only get better....at least I sure hope so!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Grgranny, I hope things turn around for all of you soon. You are in my prayers.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny:

It never rains, but it pours. Hang in there. Things have to start turning around soon. You are in our thoughts. Take care.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Granny, hang in there and keep after those cable people!!!!!

Dee

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
My son's appt for pacemaker has been postponed until the 19th. My new son in law has prostate problems. Hope it's just the infection. The guy that fixed the cable to my big dish is the one that put it in and he came the next day!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Update of updates

My son got along fine with his surgery. It took a lot longer than they had anticipated. You have to lay perfectly still and his tremors are worse than mine so had to give him more anesthetics. Also had a hard time getting the wire in the back of his heart, guess the vein wasn't where they figured it was. Took 4 1/2 hours. They kept him there overnight. Says he already noticed he could walk a little farther than before without losing his breath. So, so far, looks really good.
I guess they put in a deifibullator too.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I hate to even bring this up. My basement flooded again yesterday!!! :boohoo:
Some valve or something blew and water shot up in the air and shorted the plug so my sump pump and freezer weren't working. Now I have to see why I don't have any hot water. My plumber is going to install my backup pump.
Sometimes you wonder why keep going. :cry: :scratch: :disapp:
Anyway, have all kinds of fans and dehumidifiers put in last night so is noisy. With all the rain we've been having the cleaners are having lots of calls and won't be here today so I think I'll just run up to Walmart or Dillards and take my mind off it. Of course, they may be sorry since I can't shower. :rofl: