Mao Asada | Page 108 | Golden Skate

Mao Asada

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Oh, yeah. Actually, that is a triple-lutz. How on earth are we thinking that it's a double-lutz? I guess it's just so unbelievable---bordering on miracle---that Mao's got the triple-lutz that even we fans are doubtful. :confused2:

:jaw: this is too good to be true :jaw:

paperhearts

Final Flight
I just wanted to share how happy I am for Mao, not just for her JO triumph but for her comeback in general! She takes a hiatus for a year, then lands a 3A and a correct edge on her 3Lutz! She continues to amaze me. :yay: I missed her smile so much.

Also, she and Shoma were so cute during his KnC. :love:

gotoschool

Medalist
Here is a copy of Mao's Freeskate. I love her performance. It reminds me of Liebestraum a little. Her triple lutz, triple axel and 2A / 3T have gotten bigger with even more rotation and she fought well to hold onto the landing on that big triple axel. A unique combination of elegance and power. Her rink coverage is outstanding as she seems to soar all the way to the boards and there is a moment when you think she will hit them, and her smooth lyrical flow has a great dynamic of power mixed in with profound expression that comes from her fines lines and extensions and moving expressions.

She has Few crossovers to build speed and wonderful rhythmic dance movements transferring her weight from one skate to the other and prancing and pirouetting her body positions from one side to the next. I found her speed to be deceptive because she seemed to float across the rink quickly with elegant and aesthetic spins and spiral positions. She seems to skate fast now without appearing to do so, which is apparent in the improved height and distance of her jumps. I love the arabesque.

The true essence of figure skating.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38hfkl_浅田真央-mao-asada-japan-open-2015-fs_sport

Last edited:

mary01

Final Flight
Here is a copy of Mao's Freeskate. I love her performance. It reminds me of Liebestraum a little. Her triple lutz is much better and great at holding on to that big triple axel landing. Her rink coverage is outstanding and her smooth lyrical flow has a great dynamic of power mixed in with profound expression.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x38hfkl_浅田真央-mao-asada-japan-open-2015-fs_sport

She was outstanding, A really strong skate with 7 triples and level 4 on all her elements, and still room to peak later, what a performance to deliver in your first competition of the season, she really made a statement with that performance, and i looove her program right now, but i think it will grow on me more during the season.

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wow Mao's free program is amazing!! That literally brought me to tears!! She looks amazing, and even her costume is perfect and so beautiful!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I am really glad you are wishing Mao well and I enjoyed your comments about Mao's Sochi LP. But when the number of pages gets over 150, I will say that the number of pages has reached Mao's true Sochi LP score. I think she deserved the world record for that performance.

Hard to say. When I imagine World record skate, it has to something big and spectacular, screming: Here it is. Not sure is Madame Butterfly to the program to break the WR. Yuna's performance in Vancouver is the first program I've ever loved and it still bring tears to my eyes. I thought I would cry if some would break her records. When Mao broke SP WR i Saitama, I guess I cried. But it wasn't due to sadness. It was because of the grace and beauty Mao delivered. Rach2 was program a better program in my opinion to break the WR. Who knows, watching Rach2 in Sochi made me change my mind on Mao, so I may change my mind about her program later jn the season.

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Hard to say. When I imagine World record skate, it has to something big and spectaculae, screming: Here it is. Not sure is Madame Butterfly to the program to break the WR. Yuna's performance in Vancouver is the first program I've ever loved and it still bring tears to my eyes. I thought I woukd cry if some would break her records. When Mao broke SP WR i Saitama, I guess I cried. But it wasn't due to sadness. It was because of the grace and beauty Mao delivered. Rach2 was program a better program in my opinion to break the WR. Who knows, watching Rach2 in Sochi made me change my mind on Mao, so I may change my mind about her program later jn the season.
I also think Rach 2 is a better LP to break WR. I prefer Mao with more dramatic program.

gotoschool

Medalist
Hard to say. When I imagine World record skate, it has to something big and spectaculae, screming: Here it is. Not sure is Madame Butterfly to the program to break the WR. Yuna's performance in Vancouver is the first program I've ever loved and it still bring tears to my eyes. I thought I woukd cry if some would break her records. When Mao broke SP WR i Saitama, I guess I cried. But it wasn't due to sadness. It was because of the grace and beauty Mao delivered. Rach2 was program a better program in my opinion to break the WR. Who knows, watching Rach2 in Sochi made me change my mind on Mao, so I may change my mind about her program later jn the season.

I was talking about Mao's Sochi LP breaking the record, as far as emotional impact it is the best I have ever seen and felt. But, I love Madame Butterfly too. Actually, I didn't want to talk a lot about scores but 142 was just such a deflated score that I felt like making a comment. I quoted your post because you wished Mao well when quoting another poster's comments about Mao's Sochi LP score, so I thought you would give me a diplomatic response, which you did, even though we think differently. But, it sounds like we agree to a fair degree though not totally on Mao's Rach II at Sochi (my favorite LP) and Nocturne (with the one at worlds being my favorite SP). I think it's great that Rach II at Sochi changed your mind about Mao. Though Mao was my favorite skater before Sochi, that performance is the reason I joined this forum.

Last edited:

JayW

Final Flight
It was such an emotional moment at Sochi. Mao's Rach 2 clearly was the best program of the night. Judging at Sochi, was a big scandal.

Alchamei

Record Breaker
I was talking about Mao's Sochi LP breaking the record, as far as emotional impact it is the best I have ever seen and felt. But, I love Madame Butterfly too. Actually, I didn't want to talk a lot about scores but 142 was just such a deflated score that I felt like making a comment. I quoted your post because you wished Mao well when quoting another poster's comments about Mao's Sochi LP score, so I thought I would get a diplomatic response, which I did, even though we think differently. But, it sounds like we agree to a fair degree though not totally on Mao's Rach II at Sochi (my favorite LP) and Nocturne (with the one at worlds being my favorite SP). I think it's great that Rach II at Sochi changed your mind about Mao. That performance is the reason I joined this forum.

I think her FS at Worlds deserved to break the WR even without 2A-3T. There I felt she should have broken it. However, I like Madame Butterfly, in my opinion it just lacks the it factor that Rach2 had when performoned greatly. Madame Butterfly has better choreo than Rach2 but the latter one's music has bigger wow factor and I love Rachmaninoff. Nevertheless, I am glad Sochi how Sochi turned out for Mao. Had she totally messed up the FS as well, I would think she was done. And had she skated cleanly and won, I would be disapointed because I cheered for Yuna and Caro and I'm the the type of person who doesn't like to change opinions on skaters.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I'm not sure if you can help- I've been wondering who sings the Madame Butterfly part in Mao's LP? I'm not good at recognizing opera voices. Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot in advance!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm not sure if you can help- I've been wondering who sings the Madame Butterfly part in Mao's LP? I'm not good at recognizing opera voices. Anyone can help me? Thanks a lot in advance!
Mirella Freni, Karajan's favorite soprano.

Last edited:

jenm

The Last One Degree
Medalist
Congratulations on your come back, Mao!
That spiral and 2A+3T are two of the most awesome things about that LP.
:)

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Here is a copy of Mao's Freeskate. I love her performance. It reminds me of Liebestraum a little. Her triple lutz, triple axel and 2A / 3T have gotten bigger with even more rotation and she fought well to hold onto the landing on that big triple axel. A unique combination of elegance and power. Her rink coverage is outstanding as she seems to soar all the way to the boards and there is a moment when you think she will hit them, and her smooth lyrical flow has a great dynamic of power mixed in with profound expression that comes from her fines lines and extensions and moving expressions.

She has Few crossovers to build speed and wonderful rhythmic dance movements transferring her weight from one skate to the other and prancing and pirouetting her body positions from one side to the next. I found her speed to be deceptive because she seemed to float across the rink quickly with elegant and aesthetic spins and spiral positions. She seems to skate fast now without appearing to do so, which is apparent in the improved height and distance of her jumps. I love the arabesque.

The true essence of figure skating.

I can watch it all day :love::bow:
There are protocols available? her lutz got !/e?