Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Kaitlyn & Andrew withdrew form performing in The Ice without really giving a reason. https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje/status/757579657738846208
(What's more, so did D/R, which is weird) I really wonder waht's going on. This isn't like them...
Also Hubbell/Donohue were invited to The Ice just recently, but all posts about it disappeared from their social media profiles shortly afterwards without any explanation whatsoever. All of that is weird indeed. I hope no any serious injuries are involved.

moon

On the Ice
You got me scared. I've seen rumours about the supposed change, but nothing confirmed and your post implied they already changed coaches :dev2: Please be more precise next time. It would be weird for them to wish Angelika birthday wishes publicily when changing coaches, don't you think? Maybe they're just getting choreo from Morozov? I also agree with 4everchan that at this point it doesn't make sense. I actually thought they were Florent guests at his camp, but that's just a wild guess.

I would doubt they have any problem with Angelika. From what I heard at the time it was Camerlengo's behaviour over a couple of years that was affecting the other dance teams including WP. It was quite the topic of conversation in the Michigan area. It's hard to forgive and forget.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Does it perhaps have something to do with the organizer and the athletes' agency? All three pairs mentioned are with IMG.

slider11

Medalist
This is all very strange. Problems with the event and the skaters' management could be plausible. But I do worry for Katelyn and Andrew that they are "stuck" and need a change, something to get them back on the podium. Morozov would not be my first (or second or third) pick. This sudden withdrawal from The Ice in Japan is mysterious! I am really hoping that injury does not play into i!.

seabm7

Final Flight
Does it perhaps have something to do with the organizer and the athletes' agency? All three pairs mentioned are with IMG.

As the previous poster explained, all these pairs are with IMG New York. Asada is with IMG Japan. I do not think IMG New York and IMG Japan would not like each other ;)

Spiral

Final Flight
I would doubt they have any problem with Angelika. From what I heard at the time it was Camerlengo's behaviour over a couple of years that was affecting the other dance teams including WP. It was quite the topic of conversation in the Michigan area. It's hard to forgive and forget.

Could you, please, tell us what it was about?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm getting nervous. Are they going to change their coach and training place?

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
Actually, someone on another forum published a video from NJ, you can see Morozov on the ice and so is W/P! Plus, they haven't been in DSC for a very long time...

Sorrento

Record Breaker
I saw Pasquale with Chinese and possibly Korean dance teams during last couple of years during GP series in Kiss&Cry (but I can't name the teams, sorry). Perhaps there was a conflict of interests? Maybe less time spent with their top teams?

Last edited:

seabm7

Final Flight
I saw Pasquale with Chinese and possibly Korean dance teams during last couple of years during GP series in Kiss&Cry (but I can't name the teams, sorry). Perhaps there was a conflict of interests? Maybe less time spent with their top teams?

Krylova and Camerlengo have choreographed for several Chinese teams, just like Lori Nichol have worked for several Chinese singles skaters. The Korean dance team is a recent addition and quite new to Detroit.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Morozov's daughter looks to be making the switch to dance. He seems to have snagged Maria Staviskaya's former partner Shibnev for his new wife. So the only quality team he's working with in any capacity is Weaver and Poje. I hope from the bottom of my sometimes cynical heart that whatever they're doing with Morozov works out for them, because they are special. This is not a long term plan. I'm almost certain these two plan to get on with very rich lives after the OG 2018, so if Morozov messes up big time with their programmes and training I am going to be very, very upset. So I'm hoping for good things.

Tathy69

Spectator
You got me scared. I've seen rumours about the supposed change, but nothing confirmed and your post implied they already changed coaches :dev2: Please be more precise next time. It would be weird for them to wish Angelika birthday wishes publicily when changing coaches, don't you think? Maybe they're just getting choreo from Morozov? I also agree with 4everchan that at this point it doesn't make sense. I actually thought they were Florent guests at his camp, but that's just a wild guess.

I think exactly similar if Kaitlyn and Andrew had left Krylova and Camerlengo, they would leave untold their names and would not name them during a birthday: that of Krylova or at the time of the Father's Day for Camerlengo to quote the most important men of them lives next to their respective fathers...Morozov is a friend of Krylova / Camerlengo and intervenes certainly as choreographer while correcting certain technical aspect but according to the last update of their bio ISU k/c are always their trainers

Tathy69

Spectator
Actually, someone on another forum published a video from NJ, you can see Morozov on the ice and so is W/P! Plus, they haven't been in DSC for a very long time...

Can give you more information or post the link of the video thank you

Abraxis12345

Final Flight
I think exactly similar if Kaitlyn and Andrew had left Krylova and Camerlengo, they would leave untold their names and would not name them during a birthday: that of Krylova or at the time of the Father's Day for Camerlengo to quote the most important men of them lives next to their respective fathers...Morozov is a friend of Krylova / Camerlengo and intervenes certainly as choreographer while correcting certain technical aspect but according to the last update of their bio ISU k/c are always their trainers

Everyone's ISU page got updated to add a placeholder for 2016/2017 results, but changes such as new coaches or music have yet to be reflected. For example, Buyanova is still listed as Kovtun's coach, Tutberidze Voronovs. As for the birthday wish, it's not unusual if the split is friendly.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
can you please stop the rumor machine? thanks... if there's anything concrete, we will find out very soon.