Ticket sales | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ticket sales

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Really disappointed by the tickets so far...

Much more expensive that in Helsinki. No print-at-home tickets. And huge additional fees (61 euros if I recall correctly).

Apparently it's not selling good.

Yeah, pretty disappointed at the prices and fees. And with no print-at-home feature it makes reselling a ticket harder. Oh well, maybe I will wait and purchase single event tickets.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
FYI, if, like me, you are feeling just a tiny bit paranoid about clicking on links in e-mails... I got an invoice from ticketone this morning via e-mail, that is, you can click on the link and it'll send you to a pdf file. It's safe enough. ;-)

krissycrossy

Spectator
Hi everyone! So, I just went to go and buy my tickets, and there is a 'Presale Fee' of €36.90 per ticket? What is this? Am I paying extra to book early? Or will this fee go up the longer I leave it?x

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi everyone! So, I just went to go and buy my tickets, and there is a 'Presale Fee' of €36.90 per ticket? What is this? Am I paying extra to book early? Or will this fee go up the longer I leave it?x

Guess it depends on the seats you want. The more expensive the tickets, the higher the fees. The platinum section I want has a presale fee of €84.15 with a €61 service fee :disapp:

solene1

Rinkside

It seems to be 10% of your ticket.
And then, as Remyrose said, you have another 61 euros fee...
:shocked:

krissycrossy

Spectator
Yeah I know, I suppose my question is does anyone know if this charge with either go away if I wait until we are not in 'presale' anymore or if the charge will increase?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah I know, I suppose my question is does anyone know if this charge with either go away if I wait until we are not in 'presale' anymore or if the charge will increase?

Who knows what their "presale" means. "Presale" could be anything other than buying tickets at the arena during the event. It's best to email the organizing committee and ask.

fra

Rinkside

As far as I know here in Italy they call it "presale fee" (which is exactly 10% of the price) but it's on every ticket you buy online, even if you'll buy it on, let's say, February 2018. If someone buys a ticket at the mediolanum forum the same day of the competition he won't have to pay this 10% but of course it's not so easy to get a nice seat, so the 10% will stay no matter when you'll get your ticket if you buy it online.
Not sure if it's clear (it's quite difficult to explain it even in my own language) but it's something we can't avoid unluckly-.-
I actually can't find the extra 61euros fee apart from the presale: I can only see a "service fee" around 18 euros in my receipt, so I don't know what that is about.
Anyway you can also email the Arena as RemyRose suggests to be sure :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As far as I know here in Italy they call it "presale fee" (which is exactly 10% of the price) but it's on every ticket you buy online, even if you'll buy it on, let's say, February 2018. If someone buys a ticket at the mediolanum forum the same day of the competition he won't have to pay this 10% but of course it's not so easy to get a nice seat, so the 10% will stay no matter when you'll get your ticket if you buy it online.
Not sure if it's clear (it's quite difficult to explain it even in my own language) but it's something we can't avoid unluckly-.-
I actually can't find the extra 61euros fee apart from the presale: I can only see a "service fee" around 18 euros in my receipt, so I don't know what that is about.
Anyway you can also email the Arena as RemyRose suggests to be sure :)

Which category did you buy seats from? Because the higher the ticket price, the higher the service fee. For Category 2 (the yellow ones), the cost is €841.50 for the ticket plus €84.15 for the presale fee and another €61.00 service fee for a grand total of €986.65. Category 6, the service fee is about €18 and Category 5 about €24 and so on and so forth :shrug: So yeah, there's no flat service fee.

fra

Rinkside
Which category did you buy seats from? Because the higher the ticket price, the higher the service fee. For Category 2 (the yellow ones), the cost is €841.50 for the ticket plus €84.15 for the presale fee and another €61.00 service fee for a grand total of €986.65. Category 6, the service fee is about €18 and Category 5 about €24 and so on and so forth :shrug: So yeah, there's no flat service fee.
Ok that's strange: I bought the yellow one (841.5€+ 84.15€ presale fee) but I only payed 18€ as extra fee so I don't really understand 🤔
Could it be some kind of money change? I mean I'm Italian and I'm paying using €: can this make any difference?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ok that's strange: I bought the yellow one (841.5€+ 84.15€ presale fee) but I only payed 18€ as extra fee so I don't really understand 🤔
Could it be some kind of money change? I mean I'm Italian and I'm paying using €: can this make any difference?

I had initially suspected that they had changed the service fee and you just proved that they did. When the tickets first went up the fee was way lower. Then when I was ready to purchase a week later, I notice that the total price changed (by a lot). And no, the fee is in Euros. Everybody pays in Euros and once the payment goes through you will see how much you paid in your local currency (it shows up on your statement/bill). So in USD it's even more :sad4: And my credit cards charge a fee to pay in a foreign currency I need new credit cards :sad4: Oh well, no tickets for me.....yet.

aynia

On the Ice
Ticket prices seem a bit high... and are there any affordable hotel rooms left? Where do you plan to stay? Any suggestions?

icybear

Medalist
Moan! The tickets are so pricey. I feel like they just want to cash in on those fans buying tickets after the Olympics.

sarama

Medalist
I wonder how sales are going... Tickets do seem a bit expensive considering it will be a Post-Olympic WC.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ticket prices seem a bit high... and are there any affordable hotel rooms left? Where do you plan to stay? Any suggestions?
There are plenty of affordable places to stay, as long as you're willing to travel (e.g. by metro) and aren't desperate to be in walking distance from the arena. The hotels in that immediate vicinity and the shopping center across the street are sold out (and anyway, those were all very expensive, even months before it was announced that the event would be held there, I checked those hotels and they were ridiculously overpriced!).

Just take a place anywhere easily reachable by metro. If you want tomake life easy for yourself, a place somewhere near a station on metro line M2, which goes directly from Centrale FS to the forum (the line ends there). For instance, I got a place in Navigli, a district south of the city center, within walking distance of PT Genova metro station. It's only 9 minutes between the metro stations.

I wonder how sales are going... Tickets do seem a bit expensive considering it will be a Post-Olympic WC.
If you look at the seat map on the ticket website, that should give you an idea of how good the sales are going... not that great, then. Not all areas went on sale in the all-event ticket sales, (presumably they're being held back for single ticket sales), but take a look at, for instance, the short sides. There's like maybe 40 seats sold on either side. And that yellow area on the long side opposite the judges has barely been touched (and obviously the greyed out areas in all the corner areas haven't been on sale yet at all).

I'm guessing their hope is that the ticket sales will flourish with single ticket sales... otherwise it's going to be a rather empty audience.

<---- presumably a lot of people will also simply wait with buying tickets until after the Olympics to see if 'their favorite' has decided to retire after the Olympics or to continue and/or bother to show up at Worlds so soon after the Olympics. Only time will tell. For me personally, it makes no difference, because there's just No Way I'm going to pass on a World championship in Europe when the next one most definitely won't be before 2021 (and possibly not even then).

fra

Rinkside
<---- presumably a lot of people will also simply wait with buying tickets until after the Olympics to see if 'their favorite' has decided to retire after the Olympics or to continue and/or bother to show up at Worlds so soon after the Olympics. Only time will tell. For me personally, it makes no difference, because there's just No Way I'm going to pass on a World championship in Europe when the next one most definitely won't be before 2021 (and possibly not even then).

Totally agree: 9 months before can be too early for people to make plans plus the uncertainity of the post Olympics retirements... I hope they're going to sell them later in the season 'cause an empty audience will be quite disrespectful toward the skaters. I don't hope at all that most of my favs are going to be there but no way I would miss this chance for a WC in Europe as long as the next WCs and GPFs 'till 2020 at least will be outside Europe and in the end I love so many skaters that it's kind of "mathematically" that at least some of them are going to compete :laugh:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This schedule has probably been out for awhile, but I just saw it today. I was looking for it earlier in hopes of figuring out how to "squeeze in" a little bit of sightseeing during the week. It becomes pretty difficult if you're trying to attend both the practices and the competitions. https://fyshomauno.tumblr.com/image/164967825325

russakowalena

Rinkside
I booked a flight and a room on airbnb in Milan but still wainting for single tickets. I am going to visit Fri&Sat and may be Sunday.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Okay, so interesting things are happening. There are now all-event tickets available again.
*But*, only for 9 events... i.e. the practices have disappeared. Instead, "in addition to being able to see the best skaters in action in the 9 events scheduled from March 21st to 25th 2018, the package offers another opportunity for the fashion addicts. Thanks to the partnership with Fidenza Village, in fact, those who will purchase the new Smart all Event packages will enjoy an exclusive shopping experience and premium services." which is a fashion mall thingan hour away from Milan, with transfer included in the price.

Hohum. I am just a tad annoyed now, because I actually am an Italian fashion fan of sorts (huge Save the Queen! fan), and this is actually something I might be interested in (although I cannot imagine there being much for sale there that I wouldn't be able to find in the fashion *capital* of Milan... ;-) )

AND, this is a big AND, all seats have changed categories! They've all been upgraded (I have proof, i.e. old screenshots). What was Gold is now Platinum, blue is now gold etc.
The most expensive category available is now Platinum at 830 euros, but they are, in fact, what used to be Gold seats.

edited to fix a stupid mistake. ;-)

fra

Rinkside
Hohum. I am just a tad annoyed now, because I actually am an Italian fashion fan of sorts (huge Save the Queen! fan), and this is actually something I might be interested in (although I cannot imagine there being much for sale there that I wouldn't be able to find in the fashion *capital* of Milan... ;-) )

I'm annoyed too! I'm not that interested in fashion but maybe this package was better for me (a little cheaper just sacrificing the practices which I can't fully attend anyway) and it's quite unfair that nobody told us that such a package would have been on sale! A total lack of correct and precise infos, as if they wanted to squeeze all the money they can!

AND, this is a big AND, all seats have changed categories! They've all been upgraded (I have proof, i.e. old screenshots). What was Gold is now Platinum, blue is now gold etc.
The most expensive category available is now Platinum at 830 euros, but they are, in fact, what used to be Gold seats.

True! I bought a gold ticket and now that area is a platinum one...
And I don't get why when a new package goes on sale the old one disappears from the website: what if I wanted to buy the 15 events-ticket now? I don't like how things are being managed at all!

Btw you're right: I've never been to Fidenza but you can find tons of stores in the city centre, which are easier to visit during a sightseeing trip. For example you definitely have to visit "Vittorio Emanuele Gallery" which is on the left side of the Cathedral square and is full of stores of the most expensive brands (totally out of my reach actually, but it's nice to have a look) and there is also "La Rinascente", near the Cathedral too (you can have lunch at the restaurant on the top watching the Cathedral) which is a shopping mall you can find also in Rome and Florence and has got a lots of Italian fashion stores inside: these are just little tips but there's much more so don't worry about that ;)