Elizaveta Tuktamysheva | Page 206 | Golden Skate

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva

LRK

Record Breaker
Liza's FP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiX1r12UaOA

It was... unfortunate. As also the costume - Liza, what did you do with that nice dress? And did you dip the old what's-it in red dye?

Anyway, please Liza, skate to your potential at Nationals - you have nothing to lose now, and at least show people what you can do!

Resa

On the Ice
I also missed the new dress. I does look like she dyed the white over the shoulder thing.
It's a pitiy because that was one of her best short program scores this season wasn't it?

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes - I have a very poor memory for numbers, but I think it might have been a SB. Well, in a way it doesn't matter that much, because, to be frank, I think she lost any chance she had to be selected to the team at her last GP. Still, I'd like her to show what she is capable of. I know she can do it.

John King

Final Flight
There are numerous interviews with Liza on YouTube, and I know that this one is two years old. but it was a short segment of her in Japan. Still wonder, how does she like their Japanese green tea compared to Russian Caravan tea? And yes,
she does look great in a Kimono! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHZ20e1Sj0

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
There are numerous interviews with Liza on YouTube, and I know that this one is two years old. but it was a short segment of her in Japan. Still wonder, how does she like their Japanese green tea compared to Russian Caravan tea? And yes,
she does look great in a Kimono! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNHZ20e1Sj0

She looks great in anything! :love: :love: :love:

She would even look great in a bin bag! :agree:

By the way, I just realised that it was Liza's 21[SUP]st[/SUP] birthday yesterday.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope she had an enjoyable day, and that the coming year will be a good one for her, both on and off the ice.

Sorry that I missed her reaching this milestone.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
By the way, I just realised that it was Liza's 21[SUP]st[/SUP] birthday yesterday.

:cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points: :hb:

I hope she had an enjoyable day, and that the coming year will be a good one for her, both on and off the ice.

Sorry that I missed her reaching this milestone.

CaroLiza_fan

Oh cool! Happy Birthday to Liza! :cheer:

And 21, so oooold! ;)

Hope she can put those young whippersnappers in their place at Nationals!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Happy birthday, my Queen.:)

It's only taken the three years for the penny to drop, but I only just realised when I read your comment:

Our Liza is Queen Elizabeth I!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

Because no other Elizabeth (or variations thereof) has ever won at any of the Majors:

Championship
Elizabeth Record
Notes
Junior Grand Prix FinalNo winnersLiza was runner-up in 2010
European Youth Olympic FestivalNo podium finishersOnly 2 have ever competed: Yelizaveta Ausiukevich was 19[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2015, while Elisavet Voulgari was 20[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2017
Junior World ChampionshipsNo winnersLiza was runner-up in 2011
Youth Olympic GamesLiza won in 2012
UniversiadeNo podium finishersLiza was 4[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2017
Asian GamesNo winnersBest was Elizabet Tursynbayeva with 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] in 2017
Senior GP Final Liza won in 2014
Four ContinentsNo podium finishersBest was Elizabet Tursynbayeva with 8[SUP]th[/SUP] in 2017
European ChampionshipsLiza won in 2015
World ChampionshipsLiza won in 2015
Olympic GamesNo winnersElizabeth Manley was runner up in 1988

I would have sworn that there had been another Queen Elizabeth at some stage before our’s. But no, there hasn’t. (Manley was actually going through my head before I looked everything up, but the nearest she got was runner-up in 1988 at both Worlds and the Olympics).

The question now is: who will be Queen Elizabeth II...? :think:

CaroLiza_fan

Shayuki

Record Breaker
It really has been wonderful to see how she's managed to be quite successful this season after a bit of a rough period! In 2015 she truly was fantastic to watch in every way - Queen Elizabeth for sure! I really really really hope she can deliver a clean performance in the Russian nationals this week. When she's on her jumps are just so gorgeous to watch. It's so difficult to believe she already is 21. It seems like it was only yesterday that she was only 17!

The question now is: who will be Queen Elizabeth II...? :think:
The one who just turned 10 years old :agree2:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It really has been wonderful to see how she's managed to be quite successful this season after a bit of a rough period! In 2015 she truly was fantastic to watch in every way - Queen Elizabeth for sure! I really really really hope she can deliver a clean performance in the Russian nationals this week. When she's on her jumps are just so gorgeous to watch. It's so difficult to believe she already is 21. It seems like it was only yesterday that she was only 17!

For me, it seems like only yesterday that she was 15! I actually had to double-check her age when posting that comment, because I couldn't believe it! :eek:

Yeah, I really hope she can pull off a good result at Nationals too.

And I hope that she can go on to re-claim her throne at a Major international championship sometime in the future. :agree: :biggrin:

My goodness!!! :jaw: She is good!!! :cheer: :clap: :points:

I first saw Nugumanova when she was around this age, and I was astounded with how good she was. And I admit that I had her in mind when I posed that question. But this wee girl (Elizaveta Berestovskaya) is even better!

Thank you for bringing her to my attention. :bow:

By the way, when you posted that link, there was too much coding around the address. So the link wouldn't open. I think you changed your mind from having just the address appear to having the link appear as a sentence. But because you forgot to remove the coding for just the address, the 2 sets of coding cancelled each other out. But don't worry, I've fixed it for you.

CaroLiza_fan

Shayuki

Record Breaker
For me, it seems like only yesterday that she was 15! I actually had to double-check her age when posting that comment, because I couldn't believe it! :eek:

Yeah, I really hope she can pull off a good result at Nationals too.

And I hope that she can go on to re-claim her throne at a Major international championship sometime in the future. :agree: :biggrin:

My goodness!!! :jaw: She is good!!! :cheer: :clap: :points:

I first saw Nugumanova when she was around this age, and I was astounded with how good she was. And I admit that I had her in mind when I posed that question. But this wee girl (Elizaveta Berestovskaya) is even better!

Thank you for bringing her to my attention. :bow:
Well, a major international championship at this point in time seems like it'd be quite the task... I really would be extremely happy with just an appearance at one! Unfortunately, I don't know if even that's going to be possible for her anymore. It's just so competitive. Well, can always hope! At least she's still showing respectable skates and continuing her career successfully! Even that's a very impressive achievement.

And yes, the one I naturally had in my mind was Nugumanova. But then I started thinking that she's been struggling a little and also that she really started massively impressing me only when she was 12 years old... Which is very young of course, but Berestovskaya is still 9 in this video.
By the way, when you posted that link, there was too much coding around the address. So the link wouldn't open. I think you changed your mind from having just the address appear to having the link appear as a sentence. But because you forgot to remove the coding for just the address, the 2 sets of coding cancelled each other out. But don't worry, I've fixed it for you.

CaroLiza_fan
Aahh, whoops! I noticed there was something off with it but I thought I had fixed it. Thank you! I'll make sure to just remove the entire thing and start from a scratch the next time!

LRK

Record Breaker
Great Liza interview:

http://fs-gossips.com/elizaveta-tuk...inue-to-skate-even-if-i-dont-get-to-olympics/

As always, a delight to read - she expresses herself so well; I always find her interviews a great comfort to read.:) Here I especially liked this part:

– I didn’t get to the Games in Sochi but I did not break. If I had been skating only for the sake of Olympics, I probably would have finished sports a long time ago. I will continue to skate, even if I do not get to Korea. This will not be an important nuance in the issue of continuing or finishing a career.

If not for the sake of the Olympics, then why do you skate?

– I skate for pleasure, for competitions. To feel this spirit of rivalry within you. And, of course, I like meeting with figure skaters, friends, you travel the world, you get a lot of acquaintances, great companies are gathering …For these sensations figure skating is worth doing. And if you skate well, show the result of the work that has been done at trainings, it’s such a cool, incomparable emotions.

LRK

Record Breaker
Good luck, my Queen! Just go out and skate as we all know you can! No regrets.