Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 234 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imov

Medalist
Get well soon Yuzu.
I am glad he is taking the advices of his medical team into heart.
We will be awaiting the return of the king.

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Do you guys reckon Yuzuru will pull out something like 3A-4T? It's worth 3.5 BV more than 4T-3A, although it sounds ungodly difficult; Shoma's attempt looked pretty ugly for that reason.

That just sounds like a another potential injury, specially since he has not practiced it as far as we know. Doing a 4T+3A implies different body mechanics than a 3A+4T. He can create the momentum in the first one and can use his entire body to make the jump happen, while in the second he relies on the stability of the landing and must pull off 4 rotations without any set up. I don’t think we will see that, though I believe that, and if the injury forces him to take out the 4Lo, idk if we will see a 4T+3A or if it would be better to separate them, points-wise.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you guys reckon Yuzuru will pull out something like 3A-4T? It's worth 3.5 BV more than 4T-3A, although it sounds ungodly difficult; Shoma's attempt looked pretty ugly for that reason.

Obviously we don't know, but I doubt it, his priorities at the minute would surely be a clean and beautiful Origin, another clean and beautiful Otonal, and Worlds. Surely that's enough for even our High Lord of Extra :luv17:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Meryl Davis's interview reminds me of shirtless yuzu. That was 6 years ago. I'd like to see an updated video/pic for comparison......:p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVqUJu9my5c

yuzu pic of the day

https://twitter.com/haitsu1105/status/1071866738256633859

Before I saw that, I wondered how Yuzu's BMI is slightly higher than mine even though we look pretty equally "pencil-thin", to quote the BESP uncles. Yep, it's because he has glorious ab muscles where I have nothing but ribs sticking out. :laugh: That book that has his fitness routine is sold out already. I really want to get my hands on it someday... and get me some abs. :eek::

yude

Record Breaker
Somehow I found this funny, it seems these two men don't watch TV at all and they are asked how many celebrities they know (they don't even know a member of Arashi, very popular Johnny's group). People at the studio are saying about Yuzuru, "He is a super star!", "He is in the news on the internet." but one of the men says "I don't know...is he an actor?"(and the host says, "well...yeah he is surely handsome.") and the other guy says, "He is young, isn't he? Who is he? A child actor?" (and the host says "no, he is not that young!") Remember, Yuzuru Hanyu is an athlete :laugh:

https://twitter.com/unicochao1/status/1071661964571553792

Reth

On the Ice
Somehow I found this funny, it seems these two men don't watch TV at all and they are asked how many celebrities they know (they don't even know a member of Arashi, very popular Johnny's group). People at the studio are saying about Yuzuru, "He is a super star!", "He is in the news on the internet." but one of the men says "I don't know...is he an actor?"(and the host says, "well...yeah he is surely handsome.") and the other guy says, "He is young, isn't he? Who is he? A child actor?" (and the host says "no, he is not that young!") Remember, Yuzuru Hanyu is an athlete :laugh:

https://twitter.com/unicochao1/status/1071661964571553792
😂 They don’t watch tv or read the newspaper or go online? He was everywhere when he won 2nd OGM.

Arpakasso

Rinkside
�� They don’t watch tv or read the newspaper or go online? He was everywhere when he won 2nd OGM.

Aljona and Bruno were on every newspaper in Germany after their OGM, and still most germans can't recall their names, and can't recall that they actually won olympic gold in pair figure skating. Hell, you could show me any current FC Bayern soccer player, and unless they were in their team jerseys, I'd not even know they were soccer players. I live in Munich, I'm constantly impacted by these soccer games (public transportation is a nightmare on game nights, all those drunken idiots...), but I know nothing about the teams, I couldn't even name their coach. and who coaches FC Bayern is something of a... national matter, at least from the way it's discussed in media. (I ignore sports sections in german media, since it's all national soccer league and I'm just so anti-interested...)

So, being oblivious about sports you're just not interested in is not hard.

People SHOULD care more about Yuzu, though. because he's gorgeous. But many people will just never know just what they were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.