Mikhail Kolyada | Page 216 | Golden Skate

Mikhail Kolyada

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Such a great interview! It feels like he's a new person now, after all those hardships since the Olympic season. Maybe he's on the right track, because I'd love for him to actually enjoy himself out there again.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Such a wonderful interview, well worth a long wait! :hap10:

Interestingly some eagle-eyed fans spotted a wedding ring on his finger?!! Could it be or it is an engagement ring - would be unusual for a man?

As I said on the Russian Men thread I am bit concerned about the tech based on what he was telling us. He admits that content changes of last season was a mistake but it does not look like there is any clear strategy for this season either - oh I feel a little desperate at this stage. If I see 4lz as the first jump in SP again I think I will have to 'cancel' the season for myself because there is only that much one can take in heartache and disappointments
Otherwise a very positive vibe coming through - the pics are just smashing :luv17:

Tatjana

On the Ice
Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you enjoyed the interview and the photos. There are actually more photos and also I am planning to put out the original Russian version of this interview that contains some more Q&A not used for the article on my website. But I need to wait a little bit as IFS Magazine has priority. Some people already went ahead and translated the whole thing and stole the photos, but luckily they have a watermark. ;-)

I don't think you have to worry too much about the program content. Misha realized that constantly changing things around has not worked too well for him and has learned from this experience. Maybe changes will be more like triple vs quad Lutz for example. I'm going back to St. Petersburg soon. Maybe I can get a preview of the programs. :) Last time I saw Stasia's programs which I liked.

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Thank you for the interview, Tatjana, you’re the best — as always, a great balance between journalistic integrity and respect for your subject, so it’s no wonder that skaters like Misha trust and respect you. Looking forward to the additional Q&A :) (Also, happy that you liked Stasia’s programs, I’m rooting for her as much as for Misha!)

Tatjana

On the Ice
Misha made the cover of the German figure skating magazine:
http://pirouette-online.de/
Interview in Q&A format inside, it is the same interview that the article is based on, but at least one Q&A is in there that was not used in the article. The editor decided to put someone from Russia on the cover and chose Misha. :)

Tutto

Record Breaker
I don't think you have to worry too much about the program content. Misha realized that constantly changing things around has not worked too well for him and has learned from this experience. Maybe changes will be more like triple vs quad Lutz for example. I'm going back to St. Petersburg soon. Maybe I can get a preview of the programs. :) Last time I saw Stasia's programs which I liked.

I am sorry for 'attacking' his team in my previous post. Hay fever must be affecting me - sneeze, sneeze ... :)
My concerns still stand though.
Alas, it is not so simple with the new rules to change the content he can't just replace 4Lz with a triple on a go. I really feel they make things so complicated for skaters especially in LP which used to be called a Free Program - ironic really
Anyway I shall try to put aside my misgivings and look forward to the new season! (and the end of hay fever season in a couple of weeks :yahoo:)

On the different subject as some entries are already announced for Japan Open, I wonder if Mika has a chance to be invited this year - as the top European finisher at Worlds?

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I am sorry for 'attacking' his team in my previous post. Hay fever must be affecting me - sneeze, sneeze ... :)
My concerns still stand though.
Alas, it is not so simple with the new rules to change the content he can't just replace 4Lz with a triple on a go. I really feel they make things so complicated for skaters especially in LP which used to be called a Free Program - ironic really
Anyway I shall try to put aside my misgivings and look forward to the new season! (and the end of hay fever season in a couple of weeks :yahoo:)

On the different subject as some entries are already announced for Japan Open, I wonder if Mika has a chance to be invited this year - as the top European finisher at Worlds?

In the past, they've done 2 Russian ladies and then 2 non-Russian men ever since 2013 (and before that, they still never had 3 Russians), and with all the stars on the ladies side in Russia I expect that they'll again have 2 Russian ladies. So I would guess that Matteo Rizzo or Michal Brezina are more likely than Mikhail. But we'll see.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Misha made the cover of the German figure skating magazine:
http://pirouette-online.de/
Interview in Q&A format inside, it is the same interview that the article is based on, but at least one Q&A is in there that was not used in the article. The editor decided to put someone from Russia on the cover and chose Misha. :)

That editor clearly's got a good taste! I recall that during Worlds in Saitama the British Eurosport ran a trailer with a few skaters and our toreador was very much present there. I think his costume designer deserves a lot of praise too - it was a really well made costume, but of course it was Mika's impeccable posture & his charisma that made it so memorable

Tatjana

On the Ice
That editor clearly's got a good taste! I recall that during Worlds in Saitama the British Eurosport ran a trailer with a few skaters and our toreador was very much present there. I think his costume designer deserves a lot of praise too - it was a really well made costume, but of course it was Mika's impeccable posture & his charisma that made it so memorable

I actually preferred the SP costume. I just loved the simple elegance and understatement of that graphic black/white costume.
I thought the toreador costume was fine, but it did not stand out so much to me.
We know that the Charlie Chaplin costume will be very similar to the costume Misha wore for his exhibition number. But I am curious now about the new SP costume. :)

Silver Blade

Rinkside
We now published the original and full Russian version of the interview with Misha on our website plus more photos from the photo session and from practice:
http://www.figureskating-online.com/mikhail-kolyada.html

Many thanks for your interview, Tatjana! 😍Always a pleasure to see Misha smiling and the whole interview seems quite positive so this gives us hope 😁
I saw your Instagram post about programms preview, maybe you can share just a little bit of your impressions about hero of this fest, if I may ask?☺️☺️

Tatjana

On the Ice
Many thanks for your interview, Tatjana! ��Always a pleasure to see Misha smiling and the whole interview seems quite positive so this gives us hope ��
I saw your Instagram post about programms preview, maybe you can share just a little bit of your impressions about hero of this fest, if I may ask?☺️☺️

That "interview" in the car center was funny, thanks for posting it, sugarpova.

At the practice session I attended, Misha was working on the long program. I know many people were disappointed that he is doing a "war horse" program, and we've seen a lot of Charlie Chaplins in the past. You know what, I don't care. This program looks really like it suits him perfectly. He feels that character and can interpret it and the whole program has such a positive energy. He gets to smile in it :). This program should be the perfect vehicle for him and very enjoyable to watch. Misha didn't do the short when I was there, but he said that the style is similar to last year's short. Which is fine and a good contrast to the long. I didn't confirm if he's really going to skate his programs in Japan at the show as he planned to, but we'll see and hopefully there will be videos.

Tutto

Record Breaker
Mika is married! Funny there is already two pages on the Edge but not a word here... corrected!

All the happiness in the world to the young couple!!! :luv17::hap10::ghug:

A stunning photo but could we hope for a few more?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MZ7UUpYVE/

Daria is apparently a Hungarian citizen, up to the last season she was training in Oberstdorf & Zurich (according to her Wiki page) I wonder what is the current situation, is she planning to compete this season?

Tatjana

On the Ice
Mika is married! Funny there is already two pages on the Edge but not a word here... corrected!

All the happiness in the world to the young couple!!! :luv17::hap10::ghug:

A stunning photo but could we hope for a few more?!
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MZ7UUpYVE/

Daria is apparently a Hungarian citizen, up to the last season she was training in Oberstdorf & Zurich (according to her Wiki page) I wonder what is the current situation, is she planning to compete this season?

I guess people followed the news on the main forum. :)
Daria is a Russian citizen. She competed for Russia in juniors in pairs and later switched to Hungary. However, she is retired now from skating, she told me when I met them in June at the photo session. I remember her as a junior skater and when she skated with Mark Magyar for Hungary, they were training with Robin Szolkowy.
Misha didn't want to make his wedding public, but some paparazzi caught it. :laugh: Anyway, you cannot keep things secret for a long time in these times ... The most important thing is that they are happy together and I truly hope that this happiness will give Misha confidence and strength for the season. :luv17:

Heleng

Medalist
Country
United-States
Adding my congratulations to Misha and Daria! It’s lovely to see such happiness captured in the photo, a big thank you to Daria for posting it! I hope their happiness inspires Misha to reach new heights this season :luv17: