Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1150 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

SkateSkates

Medalist
Based on the announcement the Shanghai trophy is SP and LP like a regular competition. I’m not sure if the scores will count for SB or not. I think it would be great if she went!

Sorry I should have clarified. I don’t mean competitive pressure, I think this is a lot of what drives her and that is always on. That fighting/competitive spirit is so much of who she is. I mean the pressure of expectations and needing a certain outcome/result. I think the two events I discussed and the cup of Russia (I think that’s what the competition was called) indicate that with the pressure in the sense of expectations being lifted she skated for herself. I was trying to express that last season there was a lot of pressure on her to do a certain thing, then when that pressure started to slip away and people started to count her out of the winning, she started skating for herself again. I think that is why she did so well in previous seasons also. Being the underdog is a good position, it gives her room to prove to herself that she can beat her competitors whilst not being explicitly expected to do so.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Based on the announcement the Shanghai trophy is SP and LP like a regular competition. I’m not sure if the scores will count for SB or not. I think it would be great if she went!

Really? That would be nice. I looked and the last time it was held it seemed like only the FS part of the competition was skated, though. Maybe I looked wrongly. It would certainly be great if she went. She‘s never competed in China before, has she?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Do you think coming in as the underdog this season will do her some good? She should have very little to no pressure from the fed/her team/herself/media. She can’t lose Russia any spots because the field is oversaturated by Russians. The four who everyone has their eyes on have immense pressure on them. It happened at worlds, the pressure was off and she delivered. When the pressure came off at Russian nationals for the fs she delivered. Couple that with her having had more time to grow into her new environment and solidify her new technique. Could we optimistically say this might be her strongest season yet?

There is plenty of reason to be optimistic. Especially about Zhenya being more comfortable and better than last season.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Zhenya' programs this season will be my faves I already feel it. I cannot wait. Test skates are still two months away :(((
But I am glad that Zhenys has both of her programs now. She had enough time to get them solid before competition.