2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

kallirroe

On the Ice
Ted Barton was great in capturing the feeling from Kutovois skate. He said that he hasnt seen such a junior men athlete with such performance skill 6 years now in the junior circuit. Indeed , it is the first time i see this boy skating and in the sp i just couldnt believe that he hears so well the music and his soul is completely naked to the spectators. And he is a boy , meaning that most of the boys nowadays continue to grow up with the thing that boys do not show emotions. Does anyone know if he is been assigned to a next jgp ?? 3rd place is a good one.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if he is been assigned to a next jgp ?? 3rd place is a good one.

He is an alternate for Riga and Gdansk. Both he and Egor are in a wait and see. The next 3 JGPs has 7 guys. Then there are only 6 spots left. So depending on what the next 7 guys do, Andrei (and Egor) may or may not get another assignment.

kallirroe

On the Ice
He is an alternate for Riga and Gdansk. Both he and Egor are in a wait and see. The next 3 JGPs has 7 guys. Then there are only 6 spots left. So depending on what the next 7 guys do, Andrei (and Egor) may or may not get another assignment.

That will be really sad , we shall wait and hope for the best for all the russian boys :agree:

Artemisa

Final Flight
considering the way russian men's are ... I think a 3rd place can give him an almost certain 2 jgp

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i was thinking the same :laugh: the other medal contenders are Samsonov (allegedly), Gumennik and Danielian

Mozalev, Lutfullin and Yablokov?

Why is Samsonov allegedly? I really want to know since I don't watch him (way too small), just read what others write :laugh:

That's 6 guys right there. I do expect Lutfullin to medal next week. Sato and Gogolev will be hard but the other guys he should be able to handle.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker

Why is Samsonov allegedly? I really want to know since I don't watch him (way too small), just read what others write :laugh:

That's 6 guys right there. I do expect Lutfullin to medal next week. Sato and Gogolev will be hard but the other guys he should be able to handle.

He was a mess at the test skates, and all Eteri skaters in general showed up a little shakier, slightly less preparred than last season (nothing that can't be recovered for sure). Regardless Samsonov is still one of the brightest talents.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
considering the way russian men's are ... I think a 3rd place can give him an almost certain 2 jgp

Hard to know. Scores can be expected to climb, & placements aren't everything. We just wait & see. The men's events are so tough to predict.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

i was thinking of a placement higher than bronze. at test skates no jr men looked ready. Samsonov has a lot of talent, for now at least, but he hasn't competed internationally yet (as far as i know, but i could be totally wrong, never trust my memory :biggrin:), so we don't actually know how international judges will score him

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Wow, all the RusNat podium contenders in the same CS? An interesting move by RusFed...

Lazukin might have a chance as well.

Imo Gumennik should compete at Senior Nationals, with two clean skates he would definitely have a chance.

Tatjana

On the Ice

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2440081

I agree, Gleb Lutfullin is looking good. I saw him now in St. Petersburg. He also has a quad Salchow.