Alena Kostornaia | Page 234 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Fluture

Record Breaker
Well, Aliona will be getting new programs, that‘s confirmed. Let‘s hope for something good. :)

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I've been in a shock ever since the news was broken... I'm totally devastated and simply can't recover. Aliona, but WHY for God's sake?! :cry: I've been trying to get all the information that is available since I first bumped into the unthinkable news on Insta, but the whole thing is just getting messier and messier. I'm afraid we won't ever get to know what the truth is, but at the moment I just feel really, really sad and disappointed. I really like Team Tutberidze, it is (was) amazing to see so many extremely talented skaters together in one group and I really thought that there was some kind of special bond between these girls... I was in a dream and now it seems I was wrong. I must recognise that such a team can't exist and work healthily. Sooner or later these very talented and ambitious individuals will turn against each other, because figure skating is NOT a team sport. All of them want to win and want the glory for themselves... Sorry for my negativity, I mean it when I'm saying I'm totally devastated... :(

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I've been in a shock ever since the news was broken... I'm totally devastated and simply can't recover. Aliona, but WHY for God's sake?! :cry: I've been trying to get all the information that is available since I first bumped into the unthinkable news on Insta, but the whole thing is just getting messier and messier. I'm afraid we won't ever get to know what the truth is, but at the moment I just feel really, really sad and disappointed. I really like Team Tutberidze, it is (was) amazing to see so many extremely talented skaters together in one group and I really thought that there was some kind of special bond between these girls... I was in a dream and now it seems I was wrong. I must recognise that such a team can't exist and work healthily. Sooner or later these very talented and ambitious individuals will turn against each other, because figure skating is NOT a team sport. All of them want to win and want the glory for themselves... Sorry for my negativity, I mean it when I'm saying I'm totally devastated... :(

All this would be much easier for me if Aliona (and Sasha before) were moving to team I trust.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2619564

On Friday, Tutberidze announced the transition of the athlete to the Plushenko group. In this off-season, another student left Tutberidze for Plushenko - the winner of the European Championship Alexandra Trusov.

"Alena herself expressed a desire to join my group two weeks ago, she wanted to skate in" Plushenko's Angels "under my leadership and the guidance of Sergei Rozanov. Before that, we did not even know each other. If she had such thoughts before, then this nothing was known, "Plushenko said." I can't say what didn’t suit her, and whether it didn’t, it would be better to ask her herself, I can only say that she decided to radically change the team. "

"She did not have any specific wishes - she just wanted to train, prepare for the Olympics, she is absolutely geared towards sports. We did not even discuss the financial component of the issue, but if something is
"This is a sport, and we, of course, will work with Alena on quadruple jumps. She hasn’t skated for a long time - we will restore everything anew, we will put on new programs. We will change the ones that we have set, definitely - these will be our programs, We will stage with Serezha, and if we need choreographers, we will invite the best. And there are thoughts about these programs - Alena and I have been communicating for two weeks already, and proposals on this matter have already been made to her, and she liked them, "Plushenko said.

So Sasha leaves, Rozanov leaves, Zhilina's leave... and now Kostornaia leaves. And here I am wondering if there isn't an abusive vibe going at at Team Tut's camp. Why? Because Aliona has given such heavy praise to Eteri. But often times with abusers, they will pick just one child to abuse. And then when that child is gone, they must move to the next. It was Medvedeva, then Lipnitskaia, then Alina (who if not for her strange relationship with Daniil would likely no longer be training), then Sasha, now Kostornaia. Anna and Kamila might be swimming in very dangerous territory, especially Kamila who seems to be so nervous all the time now. For the Zhilina girls to follow Rozanov is no surprise. For Sasha to leave after a season of disappointment, that would be sensible, and her constant discontentment would be no surprise if Eteri was abusive, emotionally, verbally, however you want to frame it. Aliona wouldn't leave the group if she wanted to be alone and then pick someone like Plushenko, where Sasha is always filmed with others. She'd go to Mishin, or out of the country. I also can't believe that Aliona would not want to share the ice with anyone on Team Tutberidze, when she has said herself that training with everyone in Eteri's camp was a massive motivator-- that she learned just as much from skating alongside her peers as she did from the coaching staff. It seems to me that Sasha left, Eteri then saw Aliona as the golden girl, and likely put INCREDIBLE stress on her. I mean, Tut is obviously great at packaging. Brilliant with results, no doubt. But Aliona leaving is the MASSIVE red flag everyone who has bashed Eteri for ages has been looking for.

Or perhaps, Aliona missed training with Sasha, or was in communication with her and realized she also needed a change. No doubt the pandemic has also given many athletes a great time to reconsider their careers. Rika Kihira's move was also surprising. But idk. This situation just feels... off. Especially because of the way that Eteri is framing Aliona. She says they parted ways in May after Aliona gave her a persona non grata list... but they weren't even back on the ice until the start of June, so how could Aliona have declared she doesn't not want to skate with certain individuals when the camp wasn't even open? I'm even more captivated by the whole scenario given that everything Eteri says is a direct contradiction with what Plushenko says and that Aliona has decided not to comment at all on the matter.

I might also add that the Billie Eilish program idea wasn't my favorite, and that step sequence didn't exactly thrill me, even though I was excited to see how Aliona would put it together + the whole costuming aspect. But they were completed. The programs were done.

This leads me back to abuse. The transfer period is over. Kostornaia is not so inconsiderate as to have programs made up just to take them and run. Plushenko says they weren't even in contact, and then suddenly she decides to contact him, and leave, with two new programs basically completed, and her friends training there? Something HAD to have happened at Novgorosk. Something that would make officials allow her to transfer after the transfer period. What would be so serious that they would bypass such rules?

Can anyone translate what Daniil is saying in the IGTV video he posted on Instagram?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Wishing Alena all the best with her new team! Is Plush my favorite choice for her? No, far from that actually, but oh well.. but I am glad she is with her favorite coach Rozanov now.
Hope Alena gets some beautiful programs. I actually liked the lovely program she presented with Daniil, so I am a little bit sad we will never see it now. However, I am so interested to see what other choreographers can do with Alena's talent :luv17:

SkateSkates

Medalist
I am still a bit in shock, but I will always support Aliona, no matter her coach. I hope she isn’t reading the hate and terrible things being said online and disabling her comments on Instagram was a smart idea.

All I’m gonna say is things aren’t adding up with the 2 side’s stories. Maybe there is a bit of truth to each side, but I don’t think we will ever know for sure what really caused the split. What I will say is it makes no sense for her to agree to switch in May, get programs she’s not gonna use, then lose 2 weeks without ice, and then have to rush and restore her elements again and get new programs 6 weeks out from test skates. Plus, as far as we know, the 3A isn’t back.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
My feeling is the coaching change is primarily driven by Rozanov since she seems to have had difficulty regaining her 3A ...
Programs would be of secondary importance but this move is beneficial in that it would provide her with access to different choreographers .. I have enjoyed her programs up to this point but working with different choreographers will undoubtedly stretch her artistic horizons. The change gets a cautious thumbs up from me and I wish her all the best!!

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
My feeling is the coaching change is primarily driven by Rozanov since she seems to have had difficulty regaining her 3A ...
Programs would be of secondary importance but this move is beneficial in that it would provide her with access to different choreographers .. I have enjoyed her programs up to this point but working with different choreographers will undoubtedly stretch her artistic horizons. The change gets a cautious thumbs up from me and I wish her all the best!!
I also think her 3A was the motivation.

Congratulations to Alena on her coaching change! She made some beautiful and impressive progress with her first big coaching change and I believe she will be able to achieve that again! I’m sad about how the situation is being handled by her now former coaching team, however as a long time Evgenia fan I am not even slightly surprised. Some people can be cruel when they feel threatened. I hope to see her landing that incredible 3A soon and look forward to training content with both her and Sasha. Two of my favourites from the current senior trio will be reunited once again! I also hope they can get her an external choreographer, she deserves it! :)

McBibus

On the Ice
Note: copying here my post from another thread

Some Observations:

1) Aliona won everything last year so (contrarily from Sasha) she would have no apparent reason to not trust the team entering the new season.

2) We know she hold Rozanov in high consideration both for the rinkside support and (if I'm not wrong) because he's the one who worked on her trixel after her injury with exceptional results. (worst trixel last year was a step out at NHK)
I always had the impression that Aliona was protective over Sasha and Sasha was always supersweet and caring with Aliona.
Combined that would mean that when Sasha/Rozanov moved she would wonder if would be best to follow them, but as already said she trusted her current school and staying looked like the best and more logical solution

3) The persona non grata list and Aliona being OK to train with Sasha are only apparently contradictory.
The way Eteri wrote seems like Aliona would not like to train with half of the group; that sounds like bull***t to me.
There could be one skater she does not like to work with and she may have told that to the coaches.
It could happen in individual sports, it's not even strange and would explaing why she would have no problem working with Sasha.
Does not seems enough to leave a team that lead you to international gold coming from nothing.

4) Deciding to leave in May, traning with the "wrong" team for two months and then create this situation makes no sense.

My conclusion is that something happened in July that convinced her she has no future at Sambo and that something is most probably related to jumping.
If it's true that she has not recovered her trixel yet, neverless started working on a quad that's reason enough to leave.
Without Trixels the gold list of Aliona last season would have stopped at Finlandia trophy.
If she's convinced that Rozanov could restore her Trixel back that's more than enough for deciding to leave, even midseason (midseason of a non season so totally away from competitions btw)
That would also explaing the "I won't train anymore here" (because it's pointless) statement and the growing irritation in the last day of training.

Aliona is driven by emotions: it does not mean they control her, she's tough and knows hot to channel emotions in growth and strenght, but their are a big part of her and the foundation of her great expressiveness and communication skills on and off the ice.

If what Plushenko says it's true (e.g. she contacted him out of the blue) I have no doubt that she already made up her mind before contacting him and it was only a check to see if the team was ok to work with her.

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Note: copying here my post from another thread

Some Observations:

1) Aliona won everything last year so (contrarily from Sasha) she would have no apparent reason to not trust the team entering the new season.

2) We know she hold Rozanov in high consideration both for the rinkside support and (if I'm not wrong) because he's the one who worked on her trixel after her injury with exceptional results. (worst trixel last year was a step out at NHK)
I always had the impression that Aliona was protective over Sasha and Sasha was always supersweet and caring with Aliona.
Combined that would mean that when Sasha/Rozanov moved she would wonder if would be best to follow them, but as already said she trusted her current school and staying looked like the best and more logical solution

3) The persona non grata list and Aliona being OK to train with Sasha are only apparently contradictory.
The way Eteri wrote seems like Aliona would not like to train with half of the group; that sounds like bull***t to me.
There could be one skater she does not like to work with and she may have told that to the coaches.
It could happen in individual sports, it's not even strange and would explaing why she would have no problem working with Sasha.
Does not seems enough to leave a team that lead you to international gold coming from nothing.

4) Deciding to leave in May, traning with the "wrong" team for two months and then create this situation makes no sense.

My conclusion is that something happened in July that convinced her she has no future at Sambo and that something is most probably related to jumping.
If it's true that she has not recovered her trixel yet, neverless started working on a quad that's reason enough to leave.
Without Trixels the gold list of Aliona last season would have stopped at Finlandia trophy.
If she's convinced that Rozanov could restore her Trixel back that's more than enough for deciding to leave, even midseason (midseason of a non season so totally away from competitions btw)
That would also explaing the "I won't train anymore here" (because it's pointless) statement and the growing irritation in the last day of training.

Aliona is driven by emotions: it does not mean they control her, she's tough and knows hot to channel emotions in growth and strenght, but their are a big part of her and the foundation of her great expressiveness and communication skills on and off the ice.

If what Plushenko says it's true (e.g. she contacted him out of the blue) I have no doubt that she already made up her mind before contacting him and it was only a check to see if the team was ok to work with her.

One thing that doesn’t make sense to me about this explanation is that Aliona never relied on Rozanov to get her 3A back last season. He is a jumping coach, but it is not as if he held rods for her, as Sasha explained with her training the 4Lo. She merely spoke with Rozanov, took a shot at it without a rod, and then completed the jump. There was no doubt practice after that, but being incapable of getting a 3A back after performing it flawlessly, and it combination, for a season seems like an Aliona mental block. Maybe that block she thinks can only become overcome by Rozanov? Or maybe Dudakov has some quad practices that she really doesn’t like. Isn’t he known for making jumpers with bad technique?

I still don’t believe that she would be allowed to override transferring after the window unless there was something very serious, more serious than jumping, but maybe I am wrong. As for the conflicting versions, Eteri has a conflicting version of events for anyone she parts with. While she has no doubt built some fine skaters, I’m far more inclined to trust Plushenko on matters of detail regarding the split even if he’s unproven as a coach at this level...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Best wishes to Alena! I never second guess a skater's reason for a coaching change.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
One thing that doesn’t make sense to me about this explanation is that Aliona never relied on Rozanov to get her 3A back last season. He is a jumping coach, but it is not as if he held rods for her, as Sasha explained with her training the 4Lo. She merely spoke with Rozanov, took a shot at it without a rod, and then completed the jump. There was no doubt practice after that, but being incapable of getting a 3A back after performing it flawlessly, and it combination, for a season seems like an Aliona mental block. Maybe that block she thinks can only become overcome by Rozanov? Or maybe Dudakov has some quad practices that she really doesn’t like. Isn’t he known for making jumpers with bad technique?

I still don’t believe that she would be allowed to override transferring after the window unless there was something very serious, more serious than jumping, but maybe I am wrong. As for the conflicting versions, Eteri has a conflicting version of events for anyone she parts with. While she has no doubt built some fine skaters, I’m far more inclined to trust Plushenko on matters of detail regarding the split even if he’s unproven as a coach at this level...
Actually i believe aljona herself said he is responsible for her having a stable 3a last season as far as i remember . I also the think since plushenkos school is privately owned tso mabye a transfer to such a school has no transfer windows or is exemot from it?.
Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Artemisa

Final Flight
I don't understand ... something happen .. I don't think she lost 3A because the way she jumps that jump is almost impossible .. maybe she saw anna get another 4 or a 3A and she thought become behind .. and it's better jump now to other coach than in a year ... but i would prefer her with eteri

sclloyd

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Actually i believe aljona herself said he is responsible for her having a stable 3a last season as far as i remember . I also the think since plushenkos school is privately owned tso mabye a transfer to such a school has no transfer windows or is exemot from it?.
Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

I think I’m interviews she said that Rozonov suggested trying the 3A again after a few poor 4S attempts, and she just went and jumped it cleanly. That’s why I’m wondering if it’s not psychological.

I don’t know the rules about transfers, but I do recall them talking about transfer periods with Sasha?

I don’t know. I hope Aliona is happy and successful with the change, the rest may only be speculation from here forward.