Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes, agreed!! :biggrin: She's really great and has a quality that just pulls your interest in. She's pretty young to have those qualities.

I hope that she's able to continue without too many bumps along the way (injury, puberty, etc.)...

The more videos I see of up and coming Russian ladies, the more I think it will be interesting to see the competition amongst them just at a national level!

If she continues like this she will be fantastic, and it's such a pity when you think that she is not eligible for 2018.

YLFan

Match Penalty
Hopefully they change the age restriction before then. My fantasy is Yulia, Proklova, and Gubanova as the three girls.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What about Radionova?

I fully expect if we do see a Russian sweep at GPF or Worlds its going to be Adelina, Elena, and Yulia.

I think the growing "Anna is going to dominate"need only look at this years GPF and Russian Nationals for a reality check. I like her a lot and will continue to root her on. It just seems people keep asking for other skaters to prove themselves before gaining hype so why not her too. She has strong skating skills but really lacks consistency it would seem. Not to overly harp on the hype but she also had three months off going into worlds. I can name a few skaters at worlds who would have benefitted from that rest period. She did put on quite a show at Worlds. :yes: That is not up for debate

Good luck to all these girls involved in this bloodbath on ice. It's going to be messy. I certainly have a favorite but who is going to be my second and third could become a game of musical chairs. :popcorn:

Good luck to all these girls involved in this bloodbath on ice. It's going to be messy. I certainly have a favorite but who is going to be my second and third could become a game of musical chairs. :popcorn:

So agreed, Sam! It will definitely be interesting to watch the ladies field in Russia! :popcorn: I predict there will be a certain amount of drama and definite flip-flopping on the podium amongst them...
Let's just hope we don't have any Tonya/Nancy-inspired drama, ay yi yi! (I don't think there will be, but I do think the stakes will be high amongst the ladies.)

papa

Match Penalty
Please, tell me Ladies Russian Championship will be broadcast internationally... :popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched it live on my iPhone last year :( that made for some serious hand cramping!

The cool thing is you can come to GS and find a live feed and post with all your GS friends here no matter what. :)

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is amazing to see how much one of these Russian babies can grow over the course of two years. This one put on quite a show in 2012 JWC. She is only about as tall as the dasher boards in this video and it would seem she is similar in height to the little flower girls.

http://youtu.be/sHNx9IemzY8

Alba

Record Breaker
So agreed, Sam! It will definitely be interesting to watch the ladies field in Russia! :popcorn: I predict there will be a certain amount of drama and definite flip-flopping on the podium amongst them...
Let's just hope we don't have any Tonya/Nancy-inspired drama, ay yi yi! (I don't think there will be, but I do think the stakes will be high amongst the ladies.)

I just hope that politics will not interfere with the placing, but I doubt that. :rolleye:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Anna may list at 5.3 but here at worlds she clearly has about 3 inches over Yulia who lists as 5.2. Yulia stopped growing in terms of height before Finlandia. I don't expect any more height from Yulia. I think Anna may still gain a couple of inches.

http://instagram.com/p/mKN_rrELfe/

Probably. This is the reason why Anna will be more elegant and ladylike on ice. I think she will be a real diva on ice as Butyrskaya.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

yuki

Final Flight
I want to know who's that coach, and the japanese girl? :rock:

The Japanese girl is Miyu Honda and she is 9 years old.
Her sisters Marin and Sara and her brother Taichi are also figure skaters (Sara is the younger girl in the Frozen promo video).
ETA: Cute video of the Honda siblings (including Taichi's FS from the 2012 Junior nats).

Alba

Record Breaker
The Japanese girl is Miyu Honda and she is 9 years old.
Her sisters Marin and Sara and her brother Taichi are also figure skaters (Sara is the younger girl in the Frozen promo video).
ETA: Cute video of the Honda siblings (including Taichi's FS from the 2012 Junior nats).

Oh she is really good. Am I looking to another japanese girl doing a 3A very soon? I think so. :clap:

Is she the same girl here with Plushenko? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGEeEEQyBY

She is so cute. :)