1984 International Figure Skating Championships | Golden Skate

1984 International Figure Skating Championships

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I must confess to having had a bad David Santee crush.

I liked the fact that they had experts from other areas judging choreography, etc.

Dick Button looks SO YOUNG.

I wish someone would take all this old footage, clean it up, and put it out on DVD.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xyV1nUwzM

Weathergal

Medalist
Thanks for posting. Just took a quick peak for now. I love that the commentators are wearing tuxes. Wow Jim McKay, one of the all-time great sportscasters, especially for the Olympics, IMO. And the legendary skating commentator Dick Button. I came for the skating but am equally excited about the commentators. LOL I have to watch this video.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting. Just took a quick peak for now. I love that the commentators are wearing tuxes. Wow Jim McKay, one of the all-time great sportscasters, especially for the Olympics, IMO. And the legendary skating commentator Dick Button. I came for the skating but am equally excited about the commentators. LOL I have to watch this video.

It is a good one. I’m sure I was quite upset that David Santee had married someone else, lol.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Thank you Moonvine...what great skaters. The musicality is superb for all of them but Robin's versatility is the best ever. And the pairs....oh my!