2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs SP 11/21 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Trophée Eric Bompard Pairs SP 11/21

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
J/C make such a gorgeous, striking pair. They are another couple that I always find myself hoping they do well. So sad for that fall!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: La Cumparsita - Tango Selection

She's on sparkly red halter dress. He's in black costume with matching trim

3Tw - solid height, bit wobbly exit
3T - she fell
3FTh - maybe slight touchdown
3Li
FiDs
StSq
FCCoSp3p

Shame about her fall, as the rest was solid enough

SP: 27.32+27.88-1.00 = 54.20, 3rd (out of 6)

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Sequins - I appreciate your pbp as always!

Alexa brings the :drama: at the end. :bang: about the fall. Glad he didn't run over her, which looked possible from this angle. One of the less unflattering catch foot lift positions.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: El Tango de Roxanne by Craig Armstrong (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack) (+vocals)

Both in sparkly black costume, she has red rose in hair

3Tw - good height
3S - she fell
FCCoSp3p
3Li
3FTh - good
FiDs

Shame about her fall, she seemed bit out of it afterwards. Those sbs jumps will be their death...

SP: 31.35+28.69-1.00 = 59.04, 3rd (out of 7)

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
What the **** is S/K's sp? What are they trying to present? Do the moves have anything to do with the music? Is it even a piece of music?

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Love Love Love SK Star Trek Drum Program. I was thinking they are bringing the creativity we used to enjoy from Aliona. I love that aspect of SK this year.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia STOLBOVA / Fedor KLIMOV (RUS)

Music: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (soundtrack) by Tan Dun; House of Flying Daggers (soundtrack)

She's in white exaggerated shoulder costume, black tights. He's in matching w/ dragon motif

3Tw
3T - very nice height/unison
3LzTh
3Li
FiDs
FCCoSp3p
StSq

Strong skate, should take the lead easily

SP: 37.19+34.01 = 71.20 (SB), 1st (out of 8)

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Great performance by the Russians! My only critique is the way it ends just kinda abruptly with the StSq (which was a bit spaced apart). Like they need a stronger definitive pose. Also some of the interpretive nuances make no sense with the music (e.g. the hushing by Ksenia during the StSq)... for a martial arts piece they could be incorporating harder, stronger, movements.

Last edited:

apple123

On the Ice
S/K's costume is so weird. The music is just one tone from beginning to end. Do they even need to present the music?

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Wow! S/K are sharp. Why the lift was level 3? Can anyone explain please?

Meoima

Match Penalty
Great performance by the Russians! My only critique is the way it ends just kinda abruptly with the StSq (which was a bit spaced apart). Like they need a stronger definitive pose.
Agree. And my other critique is the costumes... :unsure: I mean... They didn't even dress like that in the movie.

GF2445

Record Breaker
For me, the Russians were a little more reserved than usual. Just a bit tighter. I suppose that comes with doing back to back Grand Prix events.
The Russians were probably hoping to lead the Chinese teams by a larger margin.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Agree. And my other critique is the costumes... :unsure: I mean... They didn't even dress like that in the movie.

Oh, and obvs the costumes (which I had mentioned in CoR)... it's a Mortal Kombat symbol for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. Must have been like "Well, I guess it's Asian". They really could have tried to go for more traditional wushu type outfits rather than crazy shoulder pads and video game icon.