2015 NHK Mens Short Program | Page 33 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Mens Short Program

Florencito

Medalist
Does anyone think Hanyu's new sp didn't sell the Chopin piece? Technically he's brilliant, but I just don't feel the connection between his program and the music. All I remember is his jumps. It's really a shame.

It's not that bad but not that special either. His Parisienne Walkaways interpretation is still way ahead of anything else he's done.
IMHO, obv.

qwertyskates

Medalist
It's not that bad but not that special either. His Parisienne Walkaways interpretation is still way ahead of anything else he's done.
IMHO, obv.

I personally like this current Hanyu waaaaayyyy better, he is so much more a maestro in control than Parisian Walkways, so much more sophisticated, more nuanced in his interpretation, with a killer drive!:agree:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I personally like this current Hanyu waaaaayyyy better, he is so much more a maestro in control than Parisian Walkways, so much more sophisticated, more nuanced in his interpretation, with a killer drive!:agree:
agree, with parisienne he was fired up young boy and that program suited him, but now he is matured skater that can pulls off piece like Chopin

Florencito

Medalist

Idk, Chopin leaves me almost unimpressed. But I'm not a fan of Hanyu in the first place.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
IMHO, obv.

Different music require different presentation.

Parisienne Walkaway certain requires VERY different interpretation to this Chopin piece which is more solemn and regal, more sophisticated and refined. I think this is the right interpretation where less is more, and his movement was right with the music, and build up well from beginning to the end.

hikki

Final Flight
Country
Japan
Mura's skate was fantastic too, flawless jumps, great expression, choreography and transitions and was only short of one quad if a "complaint" is to be made.

Mara got +2s and +3 for his step sequence, albeit graded level 3. I saw a fluff piece showing him practicing it with his choreographer, Charlie White, and he did so well here. :)

qwertyskates

Medalist
Idk, Chopin leaves me almost unimpressed. But I'm not a fan of Hanyu in the first place.

Chopin is very nuanced, unlike Parisian Walkways which is more in your face, but it means more difficult to pick up the tempo and flow of the notes in Chopin, and there are plenty. So an inferior skater will make Chopin a snoozefest, but Hanyu is one with the piece, thus gorgeous.

The only thing that was a bit short for me were the more tentative jumps.

I still feel uncomfortable with Mura and Hanyu being almost 20 points apart though, it's demoralizing, especially with such a brilliant skate from Mura.

Last edited:

kimganos

On the Ice
Does anyone think Hanyu's new sp didn't sell the Chopin piece? Technically he's brilliant, but I just don't feel the connection between his program and the music. All I remember is his jumps. It's really a shame.

???Seriously! The spins, the Step Sequence, the Transitions, everything was first rate! The maturity and the nuances to the music. That was a very special skate by Yuzuru. A Champions Skate, no backing down and no fear in the face of the young rising star Boyang Jin. Brilliant really!

qwertyskates

Medalist
Mara got +2s and +3 for his step sequence, albeit graded level 3. I saw a fluff piece showing him practicing it with his choreographer, Charlie White, and he did so well here. :)

He deserves the good scores, I can't see any flaws in his program at all, and such an intricate and passionate program. Charlie White should do choreography as a profession, much better than Lori Nichols, to me.

Florencito

Medalist
Different music require different presentation.

Parisienne Walkaway certain requires VERY different interpretation to this Chopin piece which is more solemn and regal, more sophisticated and refined. I think this is the right interpretation where less is more, and his movement was right with the music, and build up well from beginning to the end.

I didn't say he's doing something wrong or inadequate. It just leaves me cold. That's it.

apple123

On the Ice
???Seriously! The spins, the Step Sequence, the Transitions, everything was first rate! The maturity and the nuances to the music. That was a very special skate by Yuzuru. A Champions Skate, no backing down and no fear in the face of the young rising star Boyang Jin. Brilliant really!

See, I agree his spins, ssqs and tr are top notch, but they are not much to do with the music. I really don't see the maturity and nuances.:scratch2::confused2:

HanDomi

Record Breaker
I still can't believe how solid 4S from Hanyu has become. It has 100% consistency so far in the season

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I want to say that I really like Boyang Jing, he's an excellent jumper, has improved his overall skating immensly in the last couple of months (he was sharp today!) and he made Yuzuru Hanyu do a 4T-3T. I've waited a long time for this. I mean, we all knew that he could do it, but there wasn't a necessity to do it.

iamchrislao

On the Ice
we give credit to where credit is due! Boyang Jin!!!! OMG!!!!! you are out of this world young man! unreal talent!

Well done Hanyu! Well-deserved! That face at the end said, "Not today Boyang, not today!" :laugh2:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I want to say that I really like Boyang Jing, he's an excellent jumper, has improved his overall skating immensly in the last couple of months (he was sharp today!) and he made Yuzuru Hanyu do a 4T-3T. I've waited a long time for this. I mean, we all knew that he could do it, but there wasn't a necessity to do it.
I am waiting for Yuzuru to do 4Lo3T. ;) Not this season, but maybe next or in Olympic season.