2015 NHK Pairs Short Program | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2015 NHK Pairs Short Program

MIM

Medalist
I am curious what TAT and the male announcer is talking about when D/R were skating?

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Y/J had my favorite SP, but many of the pairs performed well! Still bummed for J/C though. Wishing everyone luck for the FS!

andromache

Record Breaker
40 minutes until the men and it's 1:30 am here....should I go to bed or stay up??

(Biggest tragedy is the ladies event.)

caitie

Medalist
D/R were probably super focused on beating V/T in this event. Then when V/T withdrew, they probably had to recenter a bit. Maybe it took the wind a little bit out of their sails. I still thought they were good, though.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Does anyone know if BESP streaming the mens SP?

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Except the hand down, D/R's performance was good enough to lead.

By the way, I don't get the PCS that S/K got. :confused: Yu/Jin's flawless performance should be ahead of SK.

solar

Medalist
Country
United-States
Except the hand down, D/R's performance was good enough to lead.

By the way, I don't get the PCS that S/K got. :confused: Yu/Jin's flawless performance should be ahead of SK.

I'm a bit puzzled by the PCS difference as well. But it's not too bothersome for me, since I did think Y/J skated a bit more cautiously than usual. I'm hoping they'll perform well in the FS and get better PCS. Since they have improved a lot.

caitie

Medalist
Yu/Jin are awesome and my favorite pair, but they are v. young and they can perform more and have a bit more presence on the ice, show more personality, connect more with the audience, etc. I also think they need to get their pairs spin faster. S/K looked like they might be a bit faster across the ice to me as well? IDK. Just throwing out possibilities!

MIM

Medalist
Very solid pair performances, but in a weirdly sense, I am not impressed as much as I was at the TEB. Did I have too much expectation? Maybe,,,
The best performance for me was J/C.

andromache

Record Breaker
Looking at your time zone, I doubt you have work tomorrow. Stay up! We'll do it together. :agree:

If I had work tomorrow, I wouldn't even be up this late! Alright. I'm staying up for the men, but probably not the ladies.

Also, I just want to say that I think pairs event threads are my favorite, and it's not even my favorite discipline. Just the right amount of posting where I can keep up and read everything without falling behind on the posts!