2016-17 GPF Pairs FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016-17 GPF Pairs FS

viennaskater

Medalist
Ok I am biased about the music, I love progressive rock and Alan Parsons but T/M really express it well and they performed well in SP and LP so well done to them!!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Remember when sui and Han won a bronze in the 2010 gpf, then won the jgpf a second time the following season?

Noo, you're making me miss them more :sad21:

tulosai

Record Breaker
OMG Vlad's English is FANTASTIC, just about the best I've ever heard from a skater who isn't a native speaker. Wonderful!! SO impressed! :cheer:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ok I am biased about the music, I love progressive rock and Alan Parsons but T/M really express it well and they performed well in SP and LP so well done to them!!

Honestly I sort of think it's cool they didn't do a warhouse...and the audience was clearly into it...so maybe it's one of those things that look better in person.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well deserved win from T/M!!! Glad to see them have a breakthrough after squeezing into the final (especially after their Skate America FS). Still not a fan of the music and he erred on both SBS jumps but the 4Twist was solid. PCS wise, I would have definitely had Y/Z higher than them - they were the performance of the night for me. This was D/R's to lose and they definitely didn't bring close to their A-game even. Hopefully they can recover by 4CC.

Definitely makes the pairs event come Worlds more interesting.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
D/R are in trouble in 2018 i think. Yes they came back to win Worlds after not winning the GPF last season but the top teams like S/M, S/H and S/K were not even here and they still lost. Other teams have big elements too but much better quality of skating them D/R.

Lota

Record Breaker
They woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon!!!!!! :yahoo: :dance3: :dance: :party2: :yes2:

If you ask me, this makes the situation in Pairs as a whole really exciting, there's really no telling who will win at Worlds :agree:

Vladimir needs to work on his English though :laugh:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Honestly I sort of think it's cool they didn't do a warhouse...and the audience was clearly into it...so maybe it's one of those things that look better in person.

Gotta be honest... this pairs event was a difficult one to sit through, even for a GPF event... sigh.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
OMG, so happy for Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov! That wasn't a perfect FS but it was quite solid. Kudos to them for not quitting quad twist! Way to go!:hap57:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Congrats for the winners - Tarasova / Morozov! :) That quad twist was really gutsy. I do wonder whether another famous Tarasova & Morozov from figure skating world are happy too right now
:laugh:

I absolutely hate the music in this program from T/M, it sounds like something skaters in a bad B movie would skate to, it so beneath them.

At least it's not howling Buble for 23423413237th time :slink: I actually like it in guilty pleasure kind of way.

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
OMG, so happy for Evgenia Tarasova and Vladimir Morozov! That wasn't a perfect FS but it was quite solid. Kudos to them for not quitting quad twist! Way to go!:hap57:

Considering they are carrying the flag for Russian Pairs teams this season they showed a lot of grit along with amazing technical skills.

liv

Record Breaker
That program is kind of a mess in so many ways, but some how I kind of like it??? And, no matter what, Evgenia hits beautiful positions in the lifts. So many other teams have lifts that look exactly the same (how many variations on star lifts can there possibly be?? everyone does them), but she has some unique positions and for that alone I love them. So glad they're doing the quad as well. It's not perfect, but if Duhamel's quads are rewarded, so should this split4twist. This team just has sooo much more potential than what they're giving us so far...