2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Tutto

Record Breaker
I read somewhere Caro was preparing for Euros, but maybe her injury got worse, oh you will be missed Caro!

halulupu

Final Flight
Was she ever in? Has she even mentioned competing this year?

I can’t read Italian so I don’t know the reason but of course I hope it’s nothing serious and Caro is OK :pray: Can’t say this is unexpected though since she took off the GP season and didn’t do any events.

yes, she wants to prepare for the worlds in march. And yes she is ok, these days she is doing a couple of galas

Maellow

Spectator
The article doesn't say much, it says that Carolina's still out due to her double injury ( hip and left foot) but she aims to be in Saitama for Worlds. She's listed for two ice gala in Italy for January.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Who is on the Italian Euro team then with Carolina out and junior gold and silver national medallists?

Andrea82

Medalist
Who is on the Italian Euro team then with Carolina out and junior gold and silver national medallists?

That is an interesting question. Internal selection ranking should be based on sum of scores of Nationals+2 best International competitions (minus choreo sequence for Senior scores). If the difference between Ladies in this ranking is less than 20 points, selection committee can consider also the other athletes within the 20 points gap.

Based on ranking, I think top 2 eligible are Gennaro and Olivotto. But they are all really close with each other. I can see Fed going for someone different (at least for one of the 2 slots). For instance I can see an argument to consider also:
- Gutmann as she outscored the other eligible girls at Nationals and she scored quite well at Bosphorus Cup in December but her total is dragged down by low scores at Junior GPs earlier in the season.
- Rodeghiero as she doesn't have a second international event to include in the ranking and she scored well at her only one (Inge Soler Challenger). However, she didn't do particularly well at Nationals weaking her case (lost to Gennaro and beating Olivotto only by 1 point).

Update: Lucrezia Gennaro's skating club has just confirmed she has been selected for Minsk.
https://www.facebook.com/2001teamic....1546011590./1680283245405163/?type=3&theater

DenissVFan

Medalist
National champions – updates:

Germany: Nicole Schott 167.67

Ukraine: Anastasiia Arkhipova 179.30

icetug

Medalist
Roberta Rodeghiero, Lara Naki Gutmann and Marina Piredda are going to compete at Mentor Cup Torun next week. Maybe the competition will determine the second Italian spot for Europeans...

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
And now confirmed (by her skating club) that the other Euro spot is for Lara Naki Gutmann
https://www.facebook.com/circolo.pattinatori.artistici.TRENTO/posts/10156892612634738

Euros will miss Caro. I wonder if she will be really ready for worlds. She must really want to compete. AFter worlds in Italy this seems like kind of bad fade out career wise but who knows maybe Caro will skate until Beijing. I do hope judges score her fairly. For years we have seen some great skates and really bad ones which imho deserve to have her buried I don't mean in the 90's in the fs.

DenissVFan

Medalist
So Lara is just the lucky one who is age eligible? I like her, and her lp this year, but on the jgp this season her performance was disastrous.☹️

She was third. She's also a junior but a year older (b. 2002) than Alessia (b. 2003, just a few days after the cut-off date) and Lucrezia B. (b. 2001), so she's eligible for seniors.

Technically, there was a junior sweep at the Italian championships too.

skatenewbie

Medalist
She was third. She's also a junior but a year older (b. 2002) than Alessia (b. 2003, just a few days after the cut-off date) and Lucrezia B. (b. 2001), so she's eligible for seniors.

Technically, there was a junior sweep at the Italian championships too.
what about Elisabetta Leccardi? She went to Worlds this year.

Andrea82

Medalist
Leccardi has struggled all season

120.07 points at Golden Bear
123.39 at Inge Soler Memorial
141.27 at Christmas Cup
131.69 at National Championships

Lucrezia Gennaro is the one who has been more constant this fall

142.11 at Halloween Cup
148.47 at Denkova-Staviski Cup
145.01 at National Championships

Lara Naki Gutmann started disastrously and then picked up

106.39 at JGP Austria
150.37 at Bosphorus Cup
156.54 at National Championships

Chenny Paolucci finished 4th at Nationals but she was behind Gennaro internationally (including in a head to head in Bulgaria)

135.21 at Golden Bear
133.50 at Warsaw Cup
129.05 at Denkova-Staviski Cup
149.27 at National Championships

Roberta Rodeghiero has 160.66 scored at Inge Soler Memorial but then she withdrew from Bosphorus Cup after SP (she was behind Gutmann) and finished behind Gutmann, Paolucci and Gennaro at Nationals (141.43).

Micol Cristini (who finished in a respectable 15th place at 2018 Euros) has

148.78 at Lombardia Trophy
128.26 at Denkova-Staviski Cup
140.95 at National Championships

Elettra Olivotto has

154.40 at Golden Bear
136.44 at Denkova-Staviski Cup
140.32 at National Championships

Sara Conti has

112.12 at Lombardia Trophy
136.41 at Inge Soler Memorial
146.75 at Denkova-Staviski Cup
131.33 at National Championships

I think the selection is pretty fair. They chose the one who was at the top of the internal ranking based on Nationals+2 top International results (Gennaro) and used the special clause to select the one who was in better shape in December (Gutmann who wasn't in top 2 in the ranking only because she had to use that awful score from JGP Linz at the end of August).

DenissVFan

Medalist
National champions - update:

Denmark: Pernille SØRENSEN 138.70

Norway: Camilla GJERSEM 136.49