2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Ekaterina skated her Free skate a few minutes ago. Indeed her SP yesterday was to the music from her Free program. Ekaterina fell on her Lutz, but everything else was landed. Beautiful program and dress!
You can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/dQT2utL0qrQ

Fluture

Record Breaker
Ekaterina skated her Free skate a few minutes ago. Indeed her SP yesterday was to the music from her Free program. Ekaterina fell on her Lutz, but everything else was landed. Beautiful program and dress!
You can watch it here:
https://youtu.be/dQT2utL0qrQ

I just watched it. She‘s a beautiful skater. I like her jumps, she seems to have a pretty solid technique even though some are a bit UR still. But her Rippons and Tanos are quite pretty, so bonus for that! Also, was that a 3Lz+Eu+3F? What a unique combo! She can be a contender for the European ladies in the future. Will we see her on the JGP this season?

Also, what do you mean her SP was to the music from her FS? Do both programs have the same music? If so, that’s strange. I watched her SP and the music cuts indeed seemed weird and the music just stopped right in the middle at the end of her skate. :think:

On another note: Do we have any news on Anna Kuzmenko? Her and Ekaterina seem to be the most promising talents, imo, for European ladies skating.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They could not find her SP music so she skated her short program to her long program music. :laugh:
She was unfazed by it and laughed at the end of her short program. I think she will be a contender, she is already showing nerves of steel. :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
They could not find her SP music so she skated her short program to her long program music. :laugh:
She was unfazed by it and laughed at the end of her short program. I think she will be a contender, she is already showing nerves of steel. :)

Omg what? I‘ve never heard of something like this happening. :laugh: No wonder the music didn‘t fit! And she skated cleanly too (well, only an UR on the 3T on the combo). I‘m looking forward to seeing her this season, she‘s really earned my respect here. Great girl!

Fluture

Record Breaker
This seems pretty par for the course for a Russian export on the ladies side. Competitive jumps but URed.

Yeah, there might be a reason to change countries in the first place. Mostly it‘s about funding and realising that breaking into the top 3 for your country seems close to impossible. But the thing is... it’s a very clever thing to do. By representing Poland and France, Ekaterina and Anna now have the chance to work on these issues in peace while being sure to get spots at international competitions in the meantime.This wouldn‘t have happened had they stayed with Russia, there are simply too many girls. Anna Kuzmenko already has more consistent jumps than the other top French ladies, even if they‘re underrotated sometimes. And I think they‘re both charming and captivating skaters, so I think it‘s great that we‘ll get to see them at Junior Worlds and then World and Olympics hopefully. :)

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

this sounds as epic as the japanese junior girl who skated trough a blackout last season at jgp :biggrin:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I remember that. I posted she should of had 5 points added to her score. She was incredible.

totally! my memory is what it is, so i don't remeber her placement, but i don't think she made the podium back then

ankifeather

Final Flight
I could not tell Ekaterina was improvising to the wrong music being played until it cut off at a weird place and she smiled sheepishly...Quite wow she was able to do that.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Is Loena still injured? She is the only non-Russian European lady with a chance at scoring into the high 200s. I mean, at a challenger event she scored over 70 points in the sp.
I love all of the following European skaters, but: Nicole Schott is technically limited, Paganini seems not able to practice the quad sal anymore, poor Kurakova URs, and Azerbaijan girl doesn’t have the artistry or spark.

I really want a big showdown at Europeans.😁 wouldn’t that be interesting?

DenissVFan

Medalist
Is Loena still injured? She is the only non-Russian European lady with a chance at scoring into the high 200s. I mean, at a challenger event she scored over 70 points in the sp.
I love all of the following European skaters, but: Nicole Schott is technically limited, Paganini seems not able to practice the quad sal anymore, poor Kurakova URs, and Azerbaijan girl doesn’t have the artistry or spark.

I really want a big showdown at Europeans.😁 wouldn’t that be interesting?

Don't forget about Viveca Lindfors.

Loena's injury doesn't seem to be very serious (judging by her IG posts). Fingers crossed that she fully recovers soon.