2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2018-19 European Ladies' figure skating

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Is Loena still injured? She is the only non-Russian European lady with a chance at scoring into the high 200s. I mean, at a challenger event she scored over 70 points in the sp.
I love all of the following European skaters, but: Nicole Schott is technically limited, Paganini seems not able to practice the quad sal anymore, poor Kurakova URs, and Azerbaijan girl doesn’t have the artistry or spark.

I really want a big showdown at Europeans.[emoji16] wouldn’t that be interesting?
Do you know anything about Paganini? I was wondering as well if she'd practice the quad sal, I really hope she is able to land it

DenissVFan

Medalist
This time Ekaterina Kurakova is on the list for JGP Riga :agree:

The time has come :) Exciting.

Anastasiia Arkhipova of Ukraine is assigned to the same event. I hope she gets 2 JGPs this year. I still don't understand the decision of her federation not to give her another assignment after she finished 4th in her first one last year.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Anastasiia Arkhipova of Ukraine is assigned to the same event. I hope she gets 2 JGPs this year. I still don't understand the decision of her federation not to give her another assignment after she finished 4th in her first one last year.

They had no choice, she was injured :(

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
Is anyone here a fan of German figure skating? I am curious about some of their skaters and the selection process for the JGP.

I saw that a skater named Maria Aimee Renne was assigned to the JGP Latvia. I have never heard of her before and a quick glance at her results shows that she was 12th at German Junior Nationals last year. I am curious to know whether there was a recent test skate or selection competition where she earned the assignment. Would love to hear more about this skater and their selection process if anyone knows.

And where is Ann-Christin Marold? She was the junior national champion and senior national bronze medalist, IMO she is far superior among German juniors. Germany has 4 spots on the JGP this year and two have been used (Elodie Eudine and Maria Aimee Renne). I haven’t seen her name anywhere on the reserves. I think Ann-Christin most definitely deserves the remaining spots assuming she isn’t injured. Maybe she requested later assignments?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Is anyone here a fan of German figure skating? I am curious about some of their skaters and the selection process for the JGP.

I saw that a skater named Maria Aimee Renne was assigned to the JGP Latvia. I have never heard of her before and a quick glance at her results shows that she was 12th at German Junior Nationals last year. I am curious to know whether there was a recent test skate or selection competition where she earned the assignment. Would love to hear more about this skater and their selection process if anyone knows.

And where is Ann-Christin Marold? She was the junior national champion and senior national bronze medalist, IMO she is far superior among German juniors. Germany has 4 spots on the JGP this year and two have been used (Elodie Eudine and Maria Aimee Renne). I haven’t seen her name anywhere on the reserves. I think Ann-Christin most definitely deserves the remaining spots assuming she isn’t injured. Maybe she requested later assignments?

Maria Aimee Renne placed 2nd at the Challenge Cup in February so maybe that got her some international points, she also competed at Bavaria Open. I think she also may have gotten the spot as many German ladies skaters do not want to compete internationally as far as I know or maybe don't have the resources for that as sponsoring is non existent for skaters im Germany (Aljona often talked about that). Many just want to skate domestically, so maybe that is why Maria got that spot. Here is a list of her competiton results from last season: https://www.eiskunstlauf-ecke-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=38&p=59927

Elodie Eudine is currently competing at the NRW Trophy. She is in 4th place after the short with a score of 42.30. She fell on her 2A. Her SP Layout is: 2Lo, 3S+2T and 2A.
If you want to have a look at the skaters and the results, have a look here: http://deu-event.de/results/NRW/2019-NRW-Summer-Trophy/index.htm

Ann-Christin has posted her new short program recently so I think she will get a spot on the JGP, but maybe later during the season as you also suspect. She also trained with Stephane Lambiel during the summer, so I think she definitely wants to compete this season. Could also be that she may want to skate as a senior now? Idk
Her new short: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5qoR-I8O1/?igshid=39ntq0vew3oc

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Viktoria Safonova will now skate for Belarus! She previously skated for Russia and last competed internationally last October at Minsk Arena Ice Star.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Viktoria Safonova will now skate for Belarus! She previously skated for Russia and last competed internationally last October at Minsk Arena Ice Star.

great news! i've always had a soft spot for Vika! she is the other sambo girl, so often underapreciated, now i can se her on the international stage!

MrECartman

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ivett Tóth at Hungarian Test skates (August 10th): SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7cOiM_8ZE&feature=youtu.be
and FS (August 11th): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNrzvnzxY0

Really like her SP, and LP also has potential. Let's hope she at least makes the FS at Worlds this year (I was quite disappointed not to see her LP at last season's Worlds where she just missed the cut). I've always enjoyed her fun style and persona on the ice, but she has regressed technically since leaving Julia Sebestyen. Those URs and a lack of a stable 3-3 (I believe she has only been attempting a 3T-3T) are killing her chances.

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Ivett Tóth at Hungarian Test skates (August 10th): SP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ma7cOiM_8ZE&feature=youtu.be
and FS (August 11th): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVNrzvnzxY0

Really like her SP, and LP also has potential. Let's hope she at least makes the FS at Worlds this year (I was quite disappointed not to see her LP at last season's Worlds where she just missed the cut). I've always enjoyed her fun style and persona on the ice, but she has regressed technically since leaving Julia Sebestyen. Those URs and a lack of a stable 3-3 (I believe she has only been attempting a 3T-3T) are killing her chances.

Off topic. Mr Cartman, I just noticed your user name. Am I to assume that you are the one whose authority I must respect?

MrECartman

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Off topic. Mr Cartman, I just noticed your user name. Am I to assume that you are the one whose authority I must respect?

You totally should! But it goes deeper than that: mister-e-cartman (mystery cartman)...

PaulE

On the Ice
Country
United-States
You totally should! But it goes deeper than that: mister-e-cartman (mystery cartman)...

I totally respect you (and Coon and Friends as well) but my favorite super hero is Captain Hindsight. Thank you for the further explanation, I completely missed that. (I am an old man over 80 but I am a fan of fourth grade kids.) Please forgive me all for going off topic again.