2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Great skate from Artur :clap: Probably he's not yet fully recovered, but he'll be there :thumbsup:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Conrad is working hard to save his jumps.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Good for him to get the jumps done -- but the performance was completely not there. I hope he'll be able to balance the two going forward!

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good job Conrad!! Was a bit of fight, and some scratchy landing, but he got the tech content done. You can see he did a great job keeping his mental game under control.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Each of Conrad’s first three jumping passes featured a more spectacular save on the landing than the previous one.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is Conrad's best free skate all season (including his two competitions during Canada's National Summer Series).

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Not really clean, but no falls!! I say this is a success in itself :laugh:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
That's really big for him. He said on an Instagram Live a few days ago that he didn't think he'd skate the FS clean because he always messes it up in competition. He wasn't confident about it at all. So getting it done here is great.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good for him to get the jumps done -- but the performance was completely not there. I hope he'll be able to balance the two going forward!

Agree. Today was clearly about keeping control of the mental game, especially considering that he would have had a lot of pressure to win it to have a shot at the JGPF. Oh my god, SO CLOSE to taking the lead.

zebobes

Final Flight
4 Sal
4 Toe
3 Axel, almost hand down, but hung on.
3 Axel, eked out 2 Toe
3 Lutz- 3Toe maybe under-rotated?
3 Loop
3 Flip

Looks like he didn't do one combo, but a pretty strong skate. I thought he was going to beat Koshiro... but OH MY, in second by a hundredth of a point.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I know why people skate to this music. It is lovely and dramatic and big.. but does everybody have to skate to it this season?