2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 JGP Ljubljana Mens Free Skate

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
And I think Petr Gumennik is going to Vancouver.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
4 Sal
4 Toe
3 Axel, almost hand down, but hung on.
3 Axel, eked out 2 Toe
3 Lutz- 3Toe maybe under-rotated?
3 Loop
3 Flip

Looks like he didn't do one combo, but a pretty strong skate. I thought he was going to beat Koshiro... but OH MY, in second by a hundredth of a point.

Two combos is the plan I believe. He mentioned it in his interview with Ted at his last JGP. He tried to add a third combo there because he'd made mistakes and he wanted to get some points, but it wasn't really worth it because the quality wasn't good.

zebobes

Final Flight
Another Romeo and Juliet
Peter Gummenik

3-Axel, a little rough landing.
3Axel, awkward, eked out 3 Loop. Under rotated?
3 Salchow.
Looks like the nerves are getting to him. Is he leaving an opening for another person to win?
2-Axel, rnice Rippon
3 Lutz 3 toe
3Flip-2Loop-2Loop, really slow, but makes it work.
Sluggish 3 lutz.

Pretty impressive for fighting so well. I have no idea what the judges will do with this. Ted says everything is level 4.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I wish Petr would not bend at his waist to get the combo jumps, I feel like it kind of breaks the otherwise elegant line he shows otherwise.

zebobes

Final Flight
Two combos is the plan I believe. He mentioned it in his interview with Ted at his last JGP. He tried to add a third combo there because he'd made mistakes and he wanted to get some points, but it wasn't really worth it because the quality wasn't good.

Interesting strategy. You could argue with another combo, he could have been one placement higher... but he was looking tired, with another combo, he might have made a bigger mistake.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Impressive leaps, jumps were fine except for that hands-down. I wish he'd keep the cantilever for more than two seconds, but still, strong contention.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Interesting strategy. You could argue with another combo, he could have been one placement higher... but he was looking tired, with another combo, he might have made a bigger mistake.

I hope they'll add a third one in now that he's had this good FS which should give him some more confidence with it.

zebobes

Final Flight
4 Toe-3 Toe
3 Axel- 2 Toe
3 Axel step out
Cantiliver, split, 3 Sal. Wow.
3 Loop
3 Lutz-Eu-3 Flip under rotated... maybe down grade?
I started getting so caught up in Tomoki's skating is I completely forgot to keep track of what he was doing... I don't know what jump I'm missing?