2018 Skate America Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate America Free Dance

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Ice dance is great entertainment for sure, but not exciting competition wise. Are’nt the results for short and final standings going to be exactly the same?

The brits :rock:

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Well, I guess we can take it as confirmed that the judges are going to position H/D as the only challengers to P/C this season.

Frankly, I'd rather see Gilles and Poirier take that spot. Their FD is PHENOMENAL. But I guess we'll see how the season progresses.

Completely agree. Loved it at Nebelhorn, and am looking forward to seeing it in HD next week :luv17:

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Which ones? The fingers thing was because Maddie stepped on him during the RD. The rest I couldn't catch all of, but it sounded pretty normal.

Oops, poor Zach!

I couldn't really tell either which is why I don't really know what to think but he sounded kind of like "oh this is the score we've been deserving for a while now, finally it's here"
maybe not, I might have bad hearing :biggrin:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I'm starting to think all these folks who are skating to La La Land have never watched La La Land and don't realize it's a terrible film.

Moonlight for the WIN!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Big TES score.

I feel like none of you watching this because you want to talk about Zach's snippy Shibs comments. You are getting my side eye.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This is like a C/L program.

But not as good.

I think C/L have better performance chops (though G/F are no slouches) but G/F's technical elements are like WOW. i mean some of the transitions are crazy hard.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, they came within a point of Hubbell and Donohue's TES.

This is the best, most integrated La La Land program I've seen so far.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Big TES score.

I feel like none of you watching this because you want to talk about Zach's snippy Shibs comments. You are getting my side eye.

Eh, I'm over it. The Shibs are fine. They are enjoying their year off.

G/F starts well and looks good on their path to a GPF berth.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Music: La La Land soundtrack by Justin Hurwitz ("Audition," "A Lovely Night," "Epilogue")
Choreography by: Barbara Fusar Poli, Corrado Giordani
Costumes: Green La La dress for her, black pants and vest and tie with white shirt for him

Program Layout:

Boy Meets Girl Steps to establish A Relationship. Then a cartwheel entrance into
Dance Spin with cartwheel entrance. Level 4 1.41g
Circ Step Seq - 3.06. Old fashioned but nicely done
Very nice rotational flip of her over his back entrance into
Twizzles: done in a circular pattern with tons of interconnecting steps (honestly, I thought this was a NT step seq the first time I saw it). Level 4 for both 2.59g
Curve Lift - with her on his back, he to one foot. A bit shaky, just a bit. Level 4, 1.14g
Big Tempo Change into what in a Classic Hollywood Movie would be the Instrumental Dance Interlude but here is the
NT Step Seq . The choreo is pretty standard but they do bring a nice bubbliness to it. Level 3 for her, 2 for him. And right into
Chor Char Step Seq - now this I'd ding them for because it barely has an axis. It's barely there before there a flip entrance into
Stationary Lift. Yes, it's the same one they use in their tango. Waste not, want not. Level 4 1.38g
Then steps into a flip entrance into
SL Lift level 4 1.21 g
More steps into a
Choreo Lift - 2.21g
And a final
Choreo Spin (GOE: 2.49--it's nicely done)
and final Young Lovers Looking Longingly At Each Other pose.

It really does have an old-timey Hollywood feel to it. Not Fred and Ginger, but a dance for the ingenues. It is one of the more complete and fine LLL programs of the season. But for me it's just nice. Like a good Chinese dinner.

Score: 117.29 SB. It's a good dance. They'll threaten the podium with that.