2018 Worlds Free Dance | Page 52 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Free Dance

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
As opposed to "the" perfect dance couple:sarcasm: . Since when are the OG the alpha and Omega of judging? :laugh2:
Whatever you might think about the marks given in Milan (and you are surely entitled to your opinion!), your post on G/G sounds more like a rant than real appreciation. And let's keep it real ... nobody is/was ever perfect, not even your favorites! G/G's SD was veryI am good, earned great marks like others did in the OG. The rest is question of taste.
Papadakis-Cizeron are a UNIT, they create magic TOGETHER. Gaby is as exceptional as Guillaume. She is just not your typical leading lady hogging the limelight. She is subtle and so light, she literally floats.
I can appreciate other skaters with very different skills. Please give all the nastiness of the past seasons a rest!
wow people talk about ubers of V and m but the ubers of pc wow wow. Listen I am not talking about the season past everyone else is. I am not talking about V and M - though pc ubers are it seems I am talking here at Milan - worlds 2018. Yes pc are magical. Let's not use gg as that is so confusign with Gordeeva and Grinkov lol. they do have a chemistry, I am talking about h er edges and skating skills are not at the same level. But is pointless. Anything I say if it is not absolutely glowing gets twisted by pc fans. Can one not have an opinion? I really feel like I am being bullied when at least I am trying to give an analytical approach to how i came to my conclusion.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
These two things are not equal: P/C are the best team = perfect marks earned.

I can think that P/C are the best team and still think their marks were too high. I can think that P/C were the best team and their marks were perfect and I can think that P/C were the best team and think that their marks were low.

You can believe any of those things and they don't negate the other.

Anyway. I thought P/C were sublime and their marks are fine with me. I respect the right of others to agree or disagree with me.

Marsala

Match Penalty
These two things are not equal: P/C are the best team = perfect marks earned.

I can think that P/C are the best team and still think their marks were too high. I can think that P/C were the best team and their marks were perfect and I can think that P/C were the best team and think that their marks were low.

You can believe any of those things and they don't negate the other.

Anyway. I thought P/C were sublime and their marks are fine with me. I respect the right of others to agree or disagree with me.

You all dont get it, they give em such marks coz they wanna mark the difference beetween couples.If h/d got 56+ , how higher score should P/c received ? 58?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
You all dont get it, they give em such marks coz they wanna mark the difference beetween couples.If h/d got 37+ , how higher score should P/c received ? 38?

I don't get what, precisely? I think P/C got the marks they deserved here as I have said at the time and one post ago.
I'm pointing out that Skater Boy can believe a)P/C were wonderful and deserved to win and b) that their marks were too high. Those two opinions do not cancel each other out.

edited to fix my appalling grammar.

Last edited:

Marsala

Match Penalty
wow people talk about ubers of V and m but the ubers of pc wow wow. Listen I am not talking about the season past everyone else is. I am not talking about V and M - though pc ubers are it seems I am talking here at Milan - worlds 2018. Yes pc are magical. Let's not use gg as that is so confusign with Gordeeva and Grinkov lol. they do have a chemistry, I am talking about h er edges and skating skills are not at the same level. But is pointless. Anything I say if it is not absolutely glowing gets twisted by pc fans. Can one not have an opinion? I really feel like I am being bullied when at least I am trying to give an analytical approach to how i came to my conclusion.

And how you think what ubers came first? Who started first? you hated on americans, you ve been hated on French, even when V/m stopped skating for a while, and you will be hating on them even when canadians will be gone

Marsala

Match Penalty
I don't get what, precisely? I think P/C got the marks they deserved here as I have said at the time and one post ago.
I'm pointing out that Skater Boy can believe a)P/C were wonderful and deserved to win and b) that their marks were too high. Those too opinions to do not cancel each other out.

But I tell you if P/c would have got lower score , for instance 58 in PCS , then your Canadian W/P should got 55. Satisfied ? Or you dont agree?

peepsquick

Final Flight

Wow, indeed, Skater Boy: You are being totally disingenuous!
I don't consider myself an uber as I can appreciate other dance couple than G/G (this acronym is fair game: Gordeeva/Grinkov were not a dance couple) and I avoid nastiness. Just re-read your post, "analytical approach" is a bit of a stretch... As I said, you are entitled to your opinion but so am I. Can we agree to move on? I am not interested in feuds of any kind.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker

I think people thought you were another V/M uber who tried to diminish them. While I strongly disagree with your opinion, you can have yours. :)

But seriously it was written like a rant against them so it was confusing :biggrin: I think some of us are tired to see these kind of post, because there were too many of them, all year long.

Like ancientpeas, said you can have 3 different opinions that do not cancel each other. And as a big P/C fan, what they did was so amazing (and to me, deserving of the marks ;)) that it doesn't matter.

Let's all take it eaaasy. No more of "wars". (Not directed to you Skater Boy)
Moving on.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
But I tell you if P/c would have got lower score , for instance 58 in PCS , then your Canadian W/P should got 55. Satisfied ? Or you dont agree?

Um..did I bring W/P into it? Clearly P/C are the superior team. They are better than H/D and C/L and W/P. They were the best and they were marked accordingly. I, personally, haven't given the marks a lot of thought. The placements are right to me. I would give P/C the lead by a lot of points. I would have H/D second and I could have gone either way on W/P vs. C/L.

Just because I am Canadian please do not presume that you know who my favourite team is or is not. Thank you.

Marsala

Match Penalty
Um..did I bring W/P into it? Clearly P/C are the superior team. They are better than H/D and C/L and W/P. They were the best and they were marked accordingly. I, personally, haven't given the marks a lot of thought. The placements are right to me. I would give P/C the lead by a lot of points. I would have H/D second and I could have gone either way on W/P vs. C/L.

Just because I am Canadian please do not presume that you know who my favourite team is or is not. Thank you.

Jesus, I just want to point out THE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN COUPLES> If p.c should got lower marks, then other should also!!!!!!!

Marsala

Match Penalty

i dididt say anything about your favourities. I said your , coz you re Canadian

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow. I am seriously thinking of never posting when one certain poster says anything. I see so many rants and ubers and I get pummelled for just stating an opinion which was not meant to denigrate any team including P/C who I have met and are charming. He is actually funny and she is a delightful person - I was so sad to see her struggle with the dress at the oly's you really felt for them. Calling me disingenuous is not fair. I am not sure why you can't say someone deserved to win but the marks were too high. I thought Osmond deserved to win but it would have been better had she skated the short program cleaner and had more life in the long. I also thought the germans really deserved the win in the pairs - so so clear but they too imho were overmarked but yet clearly were the best team in pairs. It seems pointless to explain and it am not criticizing the other team/skaters. People suggesting the French have been picked on but so have the Canadians and other teams - I think, if I may be so bold, it depends on your position/bias/fave/way you see the world. Clearly we have our faves and that is fine. I agree that the French were the clear winners at worlds and I would say third was a toss up between Weapo and the Italians. I like this forum but I honestly was a bit physically scared by the reaction. Please accept my apology if I do not communicate well. You may call me disingenuous but God knows my heart. I thought this was a safe environment to talk about a sport we love. I try to apologize for upsetting one poster and I now feel scared. Anyways yay to Worlds 2018 and onto another season.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I don't consider myself an uber as I can appreciate other dance couple than G/G (this acronym is fair game: Gordeeva/Grinkov were not a dance couple)

Actually, Golden Skate guidelines call for using full names (or maybe last names?), not acronyms or nicknames. Because the acronyms can be confusing, and with one mis-typed letter, they don't make sense.

Marsala

Match Penalty
Wow. I am seriously thinking of never posting when one certain poster says anything. I see so many rants and ubers and I get pummelled for just stating an opinion which was not meant to denigrate any team including P/C who I have met and are charming. He is actually funny and she is a delightful person - I was so sad to see her struggle with the dress at the oly's you really felt for them. Calling me disingenuous is not fair. I am not sure why you can't say someone deserved to win but the marks were too high. I thought Osmond deserved to win but it would have been better had she skated the short program cleaner and had more life in the long. I also thought the germans really deserved the win in the pairs - so so clear but they too imho were overmarked but yet clearly were the best team in pairs. It seems pointless to explain and it am not criticizing the other team/skaters. People suggesting the French have been picked on but so have the Canadians and other teams - I think, if I may be so bold, it depends on your position/bias/fave/way you see the world. Clearly we have our faves and that is fine. I agree that the French were the clear winners at worlds and I would say third was a toss up between Weapo and the Italians. I like this forum but I honestly was a bit physically scared by the reaction. Please accept my apology if I do not communicate well. You may call me disingenuous but God knows my heart. I thought this was a safe environment to talk about a sport we love. I try to apologize for upsetting one poster and I now feel scared. Anyways yay to Worlds 2018 and onto another season.

The point is you only agree with v/m marks, they werent overscored at olys? They deserve everything ~ And p/c now are overscored?? Could you explain?
Thank god you can criticize worlds' marks,with lack of vm there,, if p.c were able to skate 100% in korea , you would see the same score as in milano. And ? then what?
You have no shame to admit that v/m winning was well deserved with their main rivals who couldnt be able to skate well? Are you a fan of skating, or only canadian one?Or you like fake winnings?

The funny thing is coz in your post you say p.c were overmarked, even S/M were overmarked but Osmond NOT of course. She was not overscored, and she deserved to win. How does it work? Are you a fan of skating, or only canadian one?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Short forms like P/C are fine normally. But say when teams have the same name as another team in the same discipline it can get very confusing. As long as people ask politely if there is confusion it should be manageable. I think most of the time using the first name or last name or both names is acceptable. For example asking a person who uses G/G if they mean Gabby and Guillaume or Gordeeva/Grinkov seems fair. I think calling Gabby and Guillaume G/G does not offend G/G fans. It shouldn't anyway.

What is problematic is the intentional misspelling or things like the persons name and inflation or stans or bots language: For example: Ancientpeasubers! Ancientpeasbots, Ancientpeasinflation (which means when I blow up my inflateable dragon on my lawn for Halloween)

I wish I had an uber. Just one would be nice.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Short forms like P/C are fine normally. But say when teams have the same name as another team in the same discipline it can get very confusing. As long as people ask politely if there is confusion it should be manageable. I think most of the time using the first name or last name or both names is acceptable. For example asking a person who uses G/G if they mean Gabby and Guillaume or Gordeeva/Grinkov seems fair. I think calling Gabby and Guillaume G/G does not offend G/G fans. It shouldn't anyway.

What is problematic is the intentional misspelling or things like the persons name and inflation or stans or bots language: For example: Ancientpeasubers! Ancientpeasbots, Ancientpeasinflation (which is mean when I blow up my inflateable dragon on my law for Halloween)

I wish I had an uber. Just one would be nice.

Hi ancientpeas - I can be an uber ancientpeas fan!

Marsala

Match Penalty
Hi ancientpeas - I can be an uber ancientpeas fan!

The funny thing is coz in your post you say p.c were overmarked, even S/M were overmarked but Osmond NOT of course. She was not overscored, and she deserved to win. How does it work? Are you a fan of skating, or only canadian one? Admitting that ahe had no liveness in long means she was overscored, sorry 150 +program requires liveness